Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 11.10.17 (Read 36 times)

evanflein

Hiya Hally/Barb!! Yes we have new members who came over from the RW forums, kinda like we did when CoolRunning got taken over by Zombies.

Holly, that's adjusted to your time. At 3:11am my time, I was inflight over Canada!

We were able to check in early to our hotel and took a two hour nap. That felt good! Then went off to find the Sammamish River Trail where I ran 8.1 and DH walked for an hour. What a nice day! Sure wasn't expecting that. Wish I'd brought my sunscreen!

Hello Masters.  Checking in from a campground in the Piedmont that sports 2400 baud-style internet speeds, so this will be a short post that might take an hour to send!

5.6 hilly miles around the park.  Hills kicked this flatlanders butt.  Now I know why the western NC teams always dominate in high school XC.

Signed up for a 5K tomorrow night in the park that goes through what is called the "festival of Lights".  Awesome Christmas display along all 3 miles.  Walking it with DW (she's not a runner) - but that's the best way to enjoy the lights.  And I don't have to run these hills either!

Good luck to all of the racers this weekend!

Thanks for all the shout outs to veterans.  I thoroughly enjoyed my 25+ years in uniform and honestly never thought of it as a sacrifice because I loved what I was doing.

Twocat - I have probably taught  your niece's husband.  Does he fly fighters?

Falcon - go get 'em!

Metalman - tough call!  I rode dirtbikes with my son for years. as it was something we both loved, even though it beat me up every time.  Finally broke my leg when I was 42 and said that was it.  He kept his bike another couple of years, but sold it when he couldn't find anyone to ride with him any more.  I felt a bit guilty, but it was time for me to quit.  I still cherish the memories though.

Good evening to everyone!  Need to go disconnect the water hose from the camper before it freezes.  Headed down to 26 tonight!

some free time for a change! No school for the kids today

Thanks Veterans! Special tip 'o' the hat to my Uncle Jack, a Marine in the Korean War.

10 @ 8:20

Was doing about 8:30 average but tripped on a piece of buckled asphalt at 8 miles and the subsequent cursing and adrenaline dropped my last two miles to 7:30ish. Hit my Left hand and Right knee, but THIS time had the presence of mind to do a Karate roll and ended up back on my feet! Damage was done to palm and knee, bloody messes. Not much pain, but the knee looks scary with streams of blood running down my leg into my sock! Of course when I got home I rushed in and told the kids LOOK OUT! THERE'S HYENAS IN THE YARD, THEY BIT ME! The girl shrieked and demanded several times to know if I was serious, the boy looked on in bemusement and shared a story about a time he cut himself and didn't know it until a lot later, and it only hurt after he saw the blood.

Twocat; I DID check those boxes. Here's a fun fact: if you check those boxes, be prepared with a reason when the judge asks you what belief you have that would not allow you to be an impartial juror. In front of 40 people who are dead silent. And the attorneys. And the accused.

I'm resigned to my fate, missing a week of work isn't that big of a deal for me now, since most of my income is from leasing out commercial property. I have a feeling I'll be eliminated when we adjourn Monday, though. Should I wear my Dr Rockso costume (as seen to the left...)? 

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Opus77 after flight school they turned him into an instructor for a period. Then sent him to fly spy planes out of California. Now I believe he has a desk job per his request to improve his long run promotion chances. Good thing they gave him all that training so that he can man a desk in order to get a promotion. 

Surly Bill around here the lawyers quiz you in private first. The plaintiff's lawyer heard me say jury nullification was a fine idea and that was that!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hi Masters!! Thank you to all our veterans!!

I ran 5.2 miles yesterday with Sole Sisters but my right heel pain flared up like crazy!! Think it's time to admit it really is that dang PF monster!!

Couldn't get an appointment with my chiro today which is a bummer because I am working all weekend, but will see him Monday morning. Also made a PT appointment for next Friday --- hope we can nip this quickly. Really depresses me all these things keep cropping up -- feel like I just can't catch a break from the injury list.

Today spin class and body pump - note to self, lunges don't feel good with PF!!

On a brighter note - tomorrow morning is going to be 19 degrees and if it's anywhere near as windy as today, I am happy to be going to work all day instead of running outside --- just NOT ready for those temps!!

Have a great race this weekend friends and Jay hope everything goes smoothly for Seacoast!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tetsujn209 crazy and a rule breaker fatozzig is.

Worse! An unrepentant rule breaker!.

twocat - she's a trail runner.

It's like the lawless old Wild West.

erika - nice run in the sun, especially on the famed Sammamish Rivcr Trail, e.g. site of the Seattle Marathon course back in the Thanksgiving storm of 1990 when one of the I-90 floating bridges sank, annual in-line skate marathons from 1996-2003, hosting Adrian Call’s First Call holiday marathons for many years (New Years/Valentine/summer/Veterans’ Day/etc. including posie’s splendid negative split in her first ultra-50K), flat parts of the 7,000 feet of ascents over the 14-Hills-of-Kirkland Memorial Day Century Ride,the Super-Jock’n’Jill Labor Day Half, etc .  In fact, if you saw any other runners, they might have been in the 2017 First Call Veterans' Day Marathon and 50K

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)