Masters Running

Tuesday Feb 17 Master Runs and Workouts (Read 519 times)

4 Easy miles 9:30 average pace. Still working on my basement project just on a dinner break so back to work if I want to go to bed sometime tonight. Tongue Hopefully its Tim's internet on the blink again and nothing run related for his unusal lack of interest in underware. Wink Great runs everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

hey folks....3 miles recovery pace 11:40+ 72F and the wind was 30-40mph with 50mph gusts. Shocked Against the wind, We were running against the wind. I'm older now but still runnin' Against the wind. BS
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      dg.

hey folks....3 miles recovery pace 11:40+ 72F and the wind was 30-40mph with 50mph gusts. Shocked Against the wind, We were running against the wind. I'm older now but still runnin' Against the wind. BS
        it takes all the running YOU can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!'
        PJH

It's been so long I almost forgot how to post. Hello all! Managed 6 easy miles at 9:50/mile each of the last two nights. Twocat - sorry to hear about your leg issue. Hope things work out. PJ
          dg.

PJ, nice runs/rehabbing. Thanks for the reminder. Twocat, {{{{ }}}}!! Your description of how you're feeling says an awful lot. I hope this experiment works. and I hope you stick around for the duration.

King of PhotoShop

A good one, old Bruce stuff. Thanks for posting that. As we are all masters runners here, let me pose this question. What were you doing on April 12, 1980? As for me, I was a nervous wreck, one week away from running what would be a very warm Boston Marathon. I was not relaxed at all. But there was a group from Detroit who were very relaxed on that day. The Detroit Spinners, as they were first named, had covered The Four Seasons' hit song, and like many covers, they did it better. The music was better, the voices were better, the dancing was better, and on April 12 they hit number one with it. As Holly would say, "turn it up" and since I am posting this at night, and you are unlikely to be at work now, I defy anyone not to get up and dance with it. Nono, I am working my way back to you. Everybody check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHGW-v1MrRw Spareribs

Renee the dog

Well, I had a burning love inside tonight, as I did my 3 miles on the TM after putting the kiddos to bed. Renee stayed in my office watching me and glared at me the entire time! 'Night everybody! P.S. Clicked the link after writing this. Good find, SR!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

This is for you, Ribs. Great song!! And, uh, April 12, 1980 . . . 8th grade. Prolly thinking about boys. Blush

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

April 12, 1980? Finishing up my sophomore year of college at Univ. of Wisconsin-River Falls. Nono, I feel bad for Renee... I hope she gets out for some fun stuff soon! 7.11 miles on the treadmill tonight, a progressive run (my favorite TM run) with mile splits of 8:49, 8:42, 8:34, 8:27, 8:20, 8:13 and last 1.11 at 8:00, all to Solarmix 6. It's cold tonight... some spots could see -20, but it'll warm up a bit again tomorrow up to +10, but we could get 5" of snow tomorrow. Yuk. I'll be on the treadmill again tomorrow night for some half mile repeat action.