Masters Running

Sunday, January 25 Runs and Whatnots... (Read 382 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

今日は Konnichi wa wildchild and all. Still in Tokyo as trip gets another extension but hope to be back by the end of the month (but I wouldn`t mind staying here as long as possible if I could) but, at more than a dollar a minute on the hotel computer, I`m just sneaking peaks at RA running and life`s up`s and down`s. Being close the Imperial Palace has made it possible to accumulate a January PR so maybe I won`t have so many DNF`s in this year`s ultras as the three fizzles in five tries in 2008. At least it gave a good excuse for not starting the year off with another hypothermic DNF in the Bridle Trails 50K. bravissimo for Francesca for doing it on your first try when so many of my compatriots DNF`ed again this year too. Also collecting lots of goodies for possible distribution at the Seattle Rock`n`Roll Talent Contest but, unless she can come up herself, need to get fazzie`s address to send all the promotional pocket tissue packs given out at the train stations. In the meantime, dear posalina (and Queen Ilene), running on a warm, sandy Southern California beach in shoes shocks me so much as akin to wearing gloves to caress a lover`s cheeks so I hope you will post some photos showing that you don`t. Sorry you both seem to have missed the Carlsbad Marathon (nee San Diego) though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Have been spending some time with my Dad. He is getting better physically but mentally he kind of "wanders." It is tough to see because he has always been a very sharp witted man. One thing yesterday though, let me know he still has some of his sense of humor. He couldn't wait to see me to show me what they had done to him. They put red socks on his feet (he is a die hard Yankee fan). I told him I was going to take a picture of him in his Red Sox and use it against him whenever I needed to. He got a huge laugh out of that. Thanks for listening.
      Mine died when he was 54 and I was 12. I suppose I never stopped trying to make something of myself to make him proud. I know he is proud of you. Keep posting about him. There is more quality to a post like that then someone posting mile splits. Your post interested me. Spareribs
      evanflein

Spareribs, I agree... but I'm still posting my mile splits. Holly, I do those 30 mile weekends with each of my 20's, but I do the 10 on Saturday and the 20 on Sunday. Good work, but yes it makes you tired! Nice sunrise... Craneium, good to hear your dad is making progress. Hope that continues. 14.5 miles for me today, temps around 8F so that was nice. Overall a good run with the goal being a fast finish long run. Had to stop for traffic and crossed overpasses 4 times, but stopped Garmin for all those events. Mile splits: 8:51, 8:39, 8:44, 8:34, 8:40, 8:43, 8:27, 8:37, 8:36, 8:35, 8:20, 8:23, 8:13, 8:29 (hill), and last half mile @ 8:17 pace.