Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 04/26/09 (Read 337 times)

Welcome to another week, gang!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest Day Tues - 5 miles running ----------------------------- 5 miles, 9:41 ap Wed - 3+ miles running + strength/core ------ 1 hour core/strength (slept too late, and too tired to run when I got home) Thurs - 6 miles running hills ---------------------- 6 hilly miles in 1:02:39 Fri - 30+ min biking + strength/core ------------- Not a doggone thing. Didn't get to sleep until almost midnight. Sat - 16 trails miles ---------------------------------- 14.77 trail miles, 13:54 av pace Sun - 8 trail miles ------------------------------------ 7.87 trail miles, 12:37 av pace 33.64 running miles 1 hr core/strength Dutchie - Add the above information for you. Sunday will be my last long run before my trail event on 05/10. Can't believe it's almost here! Gosh, when you plan and prepare for races, it sure does make time fly!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Monday- rain, rain, & more rain; strength and stretch tonight - 45 minutes Tuesday- ran 6.5, walked 1.0; longest run on a school night, I think Wednesday- at school until after 8 for a presentation; was gonna go to the gym, but did lesson planning with Garage Band (really; I AM a music teacher!) until 5:00, so it's off for dinner and . . . . . . rest Thursday- straight from school to NYC for a choral concert, so . . . . . rest; MTA - does sprinting between red lights from 32nd street to 10th street count as XT? Wink Friday- grrr; one of those days when everything that could have gone wrong did; I'm going to pull the covers over my head and start fresh with tomorrow's long run Saturday- erased yesterday's agnst with my longest run so far and my last long run before next week's 10-mile race: 10.8 miles running and 1 mile walking on a summer-like day on the island; as if that weren't enough: 30 minutes kayaking after lunch; life is excellent Big grinBig grinBig grin Sunday- no running today; heading out for about and hour of kayaking soon; MTA - yikes! I thought I was doing some pretty intense XT with the weights, but my core, arms, and shoulders made me feel like a wuss today Shocked Totals - 17.3 running; 2.0 walking; resistance 1x; kayaking 2x Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie, what will your week look like? Mon ... ba/t and 3.2K recovery (I only had 30min max left incl. wu and cd) Tue .... trying to get my butt out the door door for an easy 5K, but it's still very dark outside Roll eyes Need to go though cause I also have a 35min LB w/o planned. Got the run in! And an abs w/o too Wink Wed ... absolutely wonderful 8.8K easy run this morning. Had a nice rhythm which wasn't interrupted by Spooky's doggie business, even though she was on leash for the whole run. Makes me wonder whether I should walk her? Thu ..... nothing t o reportBlush was quickly looking through my notes before having totake the test at 8h30 AM. And somehow, I never got round to it after work. Fri ....... Wasn't in the mood for any exercising. Sat ..... 8.8K with Spooky. Nice run, nice morning, bike ride back from town where I picked up my bike after repairs. Man was that expensive!. Sun .... Watched the London Marathon first, then a 19.432K long run, out&back course, running the second half faster than the first half. Total mileage: 45.3K Bike mileage: 5K LB: 0x UB: 1x Abs: 2x

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

dg.

Yep. another week. Thanks Leslie! Mon.: 45 min. assorted pt, prehab, injured runner dvd. needed to do more, never got back to it. Tues: 5.08 mile run, 9:30 pace w/ 4 gentle striders, 10 min. on the elliptical, 2 sets lower body weights & 2 sets stab. ball pt things. Never Enough Time. Wed: 4.25 miles, 9:25 pace. Thurs: 45 min. assorted. Fri: 5.28 miles, 9:39 pace. 10 min. on the bike, 2 sets lower body weight machines., stab. ball, stretch 1 more mile friday evening. Sat: 3.2 miles, 9:38 pace. this is the 2nd week of this adding this day & running a hilly route. please to send happy soooothing vibes to my hamstrings!!! My PT said to skip the intervals friday if I was doing this, & so I did. lots & lots of yard clean up. no shoveling. sorry Erika! Sun: 9.26 miles, 9:41 pace. 15 min. pt & core stuff. totals... 28.1 miles running, some walking, 10.13 min. on the bike, 10:05 min. on the elliptical, 3 hrs. 10 min. assorted strength training. I think next week I will shift things a little.. have one day at the gym for just the xtraining, it will add one more day until I can run more outside in my neighborhood, but makes more sense than just sticking 10 min or so on to the end of a run. Hi Frances... this is a good place to have a week-at-a-glance consolidation of what you've done... I think most of us just post when we manage to get here. Sometimes I never make it all week & just post the totals at the end. We have various people taking turns in the power seat, they're pretty forgiving but it doesn't hurt to be nice to them Wink. I don't know how to advise you on what to do re your day off! But get in similar positions myself all the time. It's great you're already seeing progess. dutchie... you sound like you're better. are you? Smile Erika.... I'm so sorry. (((((()))))))
              Thanks Leslie.... Monday.............rest..............rest Tuesday...........3miles.........3miles Wednesday.....rest..............rest Thursday..........3miles........3miles Friday................3miles........3miles Saturday...........rest..............rest Sunday.............26.2miles......26.2miles Total 35.2 miles
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              Dutchie42

Leslie: looks like a great week for you. We don't have trails here. I'd have to go to Belgium probably to run any.

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie. This week is almost over, but since its shaping up to be a better XT week than a running week, I figured I'd better get something in here. Monday: Boston half-marathon Roll eyes 13.3 miles run, probably walked another 2 miles or so getting back to hotel. Tuesday: Walked probably a mile at least, around Brookline in Boston Wednesday: 30 minutes on the Elliptical (3.4 miles), .25 mile walk Thursday: 30 minutes on Stationary Bike (8.33 miles), .25 mile walk Friday: Rest Day Saturday: No formal workout, but lots of housecleaning. This rehab period might see me actually get my house cleaned up!! Sunday: 35 minutes (4.25 miles) elliptical, .5 mile walking, more house cleaning. Totals: About 13.3 miles run, 1 hr 5 min. elliptical (7.65 miles), 30 minutes stationary bike (8.33 miles), about 4 miles walking and lots of housecleaning!

Beginner all over again

Hi Everyone, I'm new Smile Do ya'll post your entire week on Saturdays then? I'm still trying to see where I can fit in here on this Masters group (other than my age of course) As an intro, I'm still trying to transfer from being sedentary-to a walking person-to a jogging person, but I've seen progress and I know I will see more as time goes by. I'm trying to decide whether to take a 2nd day off or do go easy walk/jog today. Undecided

pfriese

Monday - rest day Tuesday - 8 miles running Wednesday - 5 miles running Thursday - 8 miles running Friday - 4.8 miles running Saturday - rest day Sunday - 10K leg of marathon relay + 7.1 miles running __________________________________ Total - 39 miles running - Done Paul