Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 4.14.17 (Read 34 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, that didn't take long.....Erika - DH said Steamtown is a go, as long as 1) he gets to come and 2) I do all the driving.  Looks like we have a deal. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

tet--I agree with you--Jay deserves to have his workouts recognized as well!  So...just to "ketchup", as Jay would say: Monday, he had a mellifluous 3.4 RW miles, Tuesday's tellanokakinin workout was spent reading while he rested an achy hip (recovery is part of training), Wednesday, Jay had a wondrous 7.1 RW miles, and yesterday, he went for a thermolytic 7.6 RW miles.  He also completed a 5.9 face-plant free RW miles, this morning, but I won't know how to describe them until tomorrow...

Holly--good for you!  Your DH seems to react to things before he gives it much thought, saying things that he really doesn't mean, then comes to his senses, and becomes rational again...that could describe many of us DH's.

My boss said I could go home at noon, today!  Little did he know that, since I had my 45 hours in for the week, I was already planning on it.

I did 10 miles, today.  Just in time, too.  It started raining shortly after I walked in the house...I've already been pushing that dang rule a little too much this week.

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

tet--I agree with you--Jay deserves to have his workouts recognized as well!  So...just to "ketchup", as Jay would say: Monday, he had a mellifluous 3.4 RW miles, Tuesday's tellanokakinin workout was spent reading while he rested an achy hip (recovery is part of training), Wednesday, Jay had a wondrous 7.1 RW miles, and yesterday, he went for a thermolytic 7.6 RW miles.  He also completed a 5.9 face-plant free RW miles, this morning, but I won't know how to describe them until tomorrow...

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

A pinned thread for the re-intros would be nice -- I missed yesterday's thread and there also seem to be a lot of new folks here, such as Dan -- if we're allowed to call him that -- and RunnerKSA, who goes around pissing people off in other RA forums. 

By the way, Dan, when I lost about 10 lbs following retirement (due I'm sure to not sitting at my desk snacking much of the day!), it noticeably picked up my race times. At least until advancing age quickly started eroding them again!

It was a pretty nice day today and I spent the morning cleaning windows from the outside and putting screens on. We're being stalked by a crazed robin who thinks he sees a rival reflected in every window of our house! The tapping at the windows is bad enough, but then he sits on the outer sill and craps all over while he's doing it. Nesting season drama and all that.

So in the afternoon I took my new bike out and rode 25 miles on it. I wasn't planning on going that far and not at as ambitious a pace, but in the end I'm canceling my plans for a LR tomorrow morning and will try for Sunday instead. In general it's looking unlikely that I'll go through with the HM in May and just downgrade to the 10K. Too many Spring chores, too many other activities...

Good luck to the weekend racers! The racing season must be upon us in all corners of the country by now.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

evanflein

Well, that didn't take long.....Erika - DH said Steamtown is a go, as long as 1) he gets to come and 2) I do all the driving.  Looks like we have a deal. 

Yay! They don't have much info on their website as far as a schedule for the rate increases, but it's gone up to $95 (up just $5). They also say they do sell out, but I don't know how fast. So, I just did it. And my DH will have someone to play with!

Leslie, that's a bed full of cats! I'd forgotten Mister was black and white. Somehow I thought Chico was the only non-all-black kitty you had. Good news on the easy sitting!

Doug, we had a robin attacking our windows a couple years ago when it saw us in the room. Turns out there was a ladder by the side of the house and there was a next built on the rungs. Didn't realize that until they were gone and the nest was empty, but it explained some pretty crazy robin behavior.

Mike, love the way you introduced yourself in yesterday's thread. Mike Brady has nothing on you!

Ok, almost time to go for a run. We've had a full week of clear sunny skies with temps in the upper 40's to low 50's. It's amazing how much snow is still here, but we sure got a lot this winter. We're still dipping below freezing at night.

catwhoorg

Labrat

28 bike miles after work.

Wanted to go for another 4 mile loop, but my legs said enough.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

The recaps have been pretty neat. Glad to see there is now a thread devoted to them. Maybe it will pull some of the lurkers into posting.

Holly S. I hope you and your DH come to a long run way to keep money from constantly creating frictions.

I have been on the road the past couple of days in Urbana-Champaign. I got back this morning and into bed at 1am. So I texted my training partner that I could not get up for a 6:30am run and had to cancel. At 6:30am DW wakes me up asking who is at the door? I said it must be my training partner. I got into my robe, went downstairs and yep it was her. She had not checked her messages this morning. So I asked her to wait 15 minutes, got into my running clothes and we ran 5 miles. I guess I was going to get up for a 6:30 run!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Good job getting up to run, Twocat!

Holly, glad you could sign up for Steamtown, despite having to argue with your DH. You both work, so it's silly to have to ask permission to spend money, unless it's a big ticket item.

I ran 5.5 miles this morning, exploring the town we're staying in. I ran along the beach, over a rocky section of shoreline, around the boat harbor, across another beach, and up a trail to an old stone fortress. Cool!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.