Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 10.15.13 (Read 43 times)

Hey mo boy,  those food choices sound appalling!  . . . . my stomach didn't feel good.

Did your stomach not feel good before or after the run???  (could be a correlation.  just checking.)

I like Tom's rationalization. Smile

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . .

It hurts to get out of my chair and move myself down the hall here at work.  It hurts to walk up and down the stairs.  I guess the squats and lunges are doing what they're suppose to do - - - reminding me of ignored muscles.  Black eye

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Finished in 4:35:57 and felt great!

Well done!  Especially great that you stuck with your plan, and I bet you had a much more enjoyable experience.

11yo DD set her alarm for 5:10 this morning and announced she was going running with me, out of the blue.  Given that this is her first run in forever, I took her on a 1-mile loop around the house.  Not an easy loop, given that you go down and then up the long hill we live on, but after the first she decided she wanted to do another.  A few times I picked out a parked car ahead and said, “Race you to that car!”  She left me in the dust every time.  I need MikeE to come down and train with her, I can’t keep up with the little speedster, even with her not training at all.  Smile

5 miles for me this morning, 2 of them with DD.

Took off work early to take Dexter to the vet.  Poor guy has ear infections in both ears.  He got a shot and some ear drops and will hopefully be better soon.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Rest Day, other than regular day at work. Last hard run before marathon tomorrow, 18 days to countdown...

Holly how nice your DD wanted to run, especially at that hour and fast too!

Long time family friend and MLB umpire Wally Bell passed last night Cry

Off to find Ribs latest article...

Almost forgot to mention, I too ate 3 day old pizza yesterday (for lunch).  Tupperware and toaster oven made it good as fresh!

Run well!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Nice race OM, and it sounds like you are doing a lot of marathons all at once, is this for more maniac stars?

Holly, nice of your DD to run with you.

I did have a sproinky after work run of 5.1 miles, in the sunny 60F, being alternately pulled by the dog or pulling the dog away from whatever it was he was dying to sniff.

I received probably the best running compliment I have ever gotten.  I ran across a school field to a gate where there were 3 middle school girls wearing soccer cleats.  I was running fast because I wanted to get rid of the bag of doggie poop I was holding.  Anyway, when I got to them, one said "You're a fast runner, that was impressive".  I mean seriously, any of those girls could have kicked my butt!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

That's cool, enke.

Maniac 505

((Dexter))  (I just felt like hugging a dog).  Leslie.  I can't imagine how frightening that skunk episode was.  Our dog once got it between the eyes at point blank range.  For years, whenever he got wet we smelled skunk.  I imagine if that skunk had gone off in your kitchen You would have had to burn the house, or at least move out and leave it to the skunk.

OM great race!!  Welcome to the group Mo boy,  What do you do for desert?

Enke:  nice remark but I bet you would have left them in the dust.

Hi everyone!!  Lots of great runs and stuff around here!!

OM nice job sticking to the plan - you are going to rock your marathon in 2 weeks!

ERIKA - I am so sorry I missed your birthday - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Mo boy - WELCOME - hope you grow to love this "un-friendly, un-welcoming, narcissistic bunch" as much as I do!!Wink

Leslie - nice job not scaring the skunk!!

((DG))

Karin - you are an inspiration as always!!

Posai - I really hope this furlough ends soon!!

so many more comments - so little moments to stay awake .....love you all - you inspire me daily!!

I ran just under 6 miles Saturday, then dh and I escaped for much needed, fun night away with friends after visiting Justin Saturday -we had 2 of our other sons visiting with him Sat. night and my sister visiting him Sunday afternoon, then we made it back for the Sunday night visit -- I have a hard time thinking of him being there during visiting hours if noone visits him Sad   Yesterday put in another 7 miles then saw Gravity with DH (fair) and back to visit Justin .....I think he's going to be d/c'd tomorrow and hopefully this time will stay stable for longer!!

denise

Mariposai

Denise, I am so glad to see that you and your DH had a chance to get away for a few days. Wishing Justin good luck!

Enkephalin, what a nice compliment!

Sarge, enjoy your tapering time. Which marathon are you running?

Moboy, yes! The gorgeous Mrs Twocat is quiet a gal. I love that girl.

Well, my decision to wait until the afternoon to run paid off. My DH drove me up the mountain so I can enjoy the autumn colors as I ran back home. I had no plan or goal for this run. All knew was that I wanted to be on my feet for about 3 hours. When I started running I was surprised that my butterfly wings just wanted to flap faster, so running faster I did.

My view at one point.

18 miles in 2:49 (where is the dancing banana?). This was the fastest 18 miler I have done in my life during a training run and I was not even working hard. The best part of the run was the last 8 miles as I enjoyed the view of the valley bursting in vibrant fall colors and the sweet sound of crickets kept me company.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

OrangeMat

MM #6177

OM nice job sticking to the plan - you are going to rock your marathon in 2 weeks!

Assuming it isn't canceled.... Final decision will be made Saturday, last I heard...

will run for popsicles

divechief: Dessert is Chaco Taco. I am a strict advocate of the Paleo diet, except I have substituted ice cream for meat, on the assumption that cavemen would have eaten a lot of ice cream back in those days if they had a Wendy's Drive-Thru for medium chocolate frosties. and if they had cars. And spoons. and I don't think the frosty actually contains any ice cream. Oh, well. This plan is still a work in progress.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Super marathon OM with a big seven minute negative split, especially in the last 10K.

I bet you felt very powerful, probably passing hundreds, if not thousands of other runners with your negative split, especially in the last 10K. What a fun experience.  I’m sure you were a big inspirationi to your friend too to finish that way.  You sure are to us.   You’re ready to PR for sure at the MCM, . . . if men in uniforms aren’t too distracting (and they don’t close them down too).

Thanks for update on Barefoot Eddie, aka Bandito,.

He’s been churing out weekly marathons for the last year-and-a-half, if not more.

Chicago was already no. 96 and he’s over in Africa for the Haile Gebreselassie Marathon this weekend,  MCM’ll be no. 98 with no. 100 two weeks after that in Athens.  I’m looking forward to some barefoot hijinks together at the Tokyo Marathon in February if it works out.

Having just watched enke leave me in the dust in our recent 5K, I can verify that girls’ comment is more than true, and would have been ever truer if’d been a bunch of boys.

However, has twocat’s DW, or anyone’s DW/DH, ever got them a surprise marathon entry like posie’s did for her MM qualification?  Nice 18-miler for you today. However, I think you have to come to Seattle for a two-day wedding or something in three weeks. <<<(Carkeek 12-hour / In Unity We Run NYC Memory Marathon)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Nice marathon OM!!

Mo boy - watch what you say about us on a public forum. we have an unsavory reputation to uphold Evil

Nice compliment Enke - I'm sure those kids were just calling it like they see it Wink

3 sproinky miles for me this evening. enjoying every shorts and short sleeve run I can get in. there won't be many of them left. the next 3-4 days will be very busy taking care of MIL's apt/belongings/furniture, etc., plus David's XC meet on Thursday, so I doubt I'll get in any running for a few days.

Tammy

SteveP

Love Annabelle anecdotes.

Yay for Holly's speedster DD

Dog Doo as a performance enhancer? hhhmmmm

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Long time family friend and MLB umpire Wally Bell passed last night Cry

Sarge - I'm sorry to hear that...

Enke - sweet!

Mariposai - well done!  And beautiful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Yeah, Sarge...very sorry to hear about your friend...that name sure sounds familiar.