Masters Running

The dreaded Friday The 13th! (Read 34 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

tet asked me: "

Though you have a long way to go, don'tcha just love being old and not having to worry what other people think? 

only I don't think I waited to get old........

Thanks for the kind words, Starr.

But, I came here to say the GB bib numbers are out.  Looks as if the Packet pickup is less than 5 miles from the airport, so I think I'll just stroll on down once my plane gets in after 3 and get mine and Kevin's,  the fellow I'm giving an assist to in that area.   (Since I'm doing the 5K, I have to get mine Friday).   I could pick up anyone else's --the RD told Kevin I just need to know bib numbers.

Then it's less than a mile to the house.  (Excellent placement, Holly!)

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

FDA news was neither good nor bad but interesting.  We are still in the product development stage - a few years away from market approval but within reach.  How's that for vague?  We'll still do shots/beer/wine at 4pm.  

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

and what does that have to do with running ????

I love this...especially coming from Marj.

I feel bad that I just skimmed over Jlynne's post, yesterday, without saying anything.  Everything is okay, right?

I woke up with another dang headache.  Once I get one of these things, it takes 3 days to get rid of it...luckily, my 1st marathon is 3 days away.

I went 6 tonight.

Okay--I'd better get going--I still have to pack.  See ya!

SteveP

Coast walker, sometimes making things up as you go is a good time.

Stumpy, I'm missing the honey do list. I'll be over it by Tuesday afternoon.

Proud parents rock.

Leslie is right. You're a rebel Amy.

Stoopid big words.

Thank you Starr. I love posting here when I'm not groggy.

Maybe I should get a name plate for my office. And a slide. Dave, I hope Cindy doesn't have to get a lawyer.

Sad to be missing Green Bay. I don't regret the choice. Except for family crisis DuJour. To get a breather from drama and clean air from a smoker's house, I went to Key Vista. It's close enough to Dad's and the trail goes along one river. Along the gulf. Then back up another river.

The last two times I've been there, pods of dolphins had been feeding and manatees go up the rivers.

I'm on the phone while by the river. Something very huge came out of the water and took a breath of air. Then went back under.

I'm fumbling around with the phone before the silly thing got away.

It was a dude snorkeling.

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

And Wild - Take care of that leg.  Did the doc tell you you could start running again???

I love Marj's response!  Well, the doc didn't say I COULDN'T start running, so it's all good.  I haven't actually been back to see him - he told me to come back if it wasn't better in 6 weeks.  It's been 7 weeks now since I got the MRI results showing the stress fracture, and those heal up on their own, given time.  So I feel okay about running again now.

Today I went out for my favorite 7.2 mile loop in Golden Gate Canyon State Park, preceeded by a 1.3 mile warmup run at home with Ladybug.  It's perfect running weather here, 50s and sunny, and I'm soooo happy to be running again!   I guess I'm now officially  back on the couch to 50k training program! 

Mike,  I hope you havefun at the meetup tomorrow, and good luck at your 3 marathons!!!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I ran the Central Park perimeter route this morning. The weather was fine. Cloudy and about 60 at the start. Good thing I got that run in because it rained all afternoon. My next run may be in Toronto. I have another conference to attend. But this one is my baby! I founded it six years ago and I am really happy to see it has become one of my profession's "major" conferences.

About those AP exams, when I was in high school, how much good they did you tended to depend quite a bit on what college you went to. Many might let you out of an introductory course, but otherwise there was no credit. Others, like where I went, gave you actual units if you did well enough. I wonder if things have changed? Do most colleges now give credit? If you are wondering why I am asking, given I work at a university, it is because things like undergraduate credits are way outside of where I operate.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Okay, Caroline.  Just making sure you're doin' what you're supposed to.  We're countin' on you at the relay!!  

Holly - Oooo!  I haven't heard about that park.  I'll have to ask Karen if she's run there.  And sorry, but I had to snicker when I saw the stairs going up the house.  We may have to throw together some kind of pulley system to get you marathoners up those stairs after the race.   And somebody's gonna have to show me how to use their fancy phone so I can take video!! 

I'm trying to drum up interest in a nighttime trail run at a local state park . . . which is famous around here for a daytime mountain lion attack of a couple who were hiking the main trail a few years ago.  So far I think there's 4 of us interested.  Now I just have to get The Hub to go along with this idea . . . . . .

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Now I just have to get The Hub to go along with this idea . . . . . .

zigalina - good luck not

Do you have full moon or something?

I hope you'll have to report back to him that none of your RA friends

thought it was a very good idea, . . . well, except wildchild, of course.

twocat - if I lived in NYC, I'd probably become a daily runner just as an excuse

to pretend like it's not all concrete and pavement, even in the rain.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Not in the rain! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/