Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP W/E JAN 18 (Read 365 times)

nowor

I'm willing to be a poor sub for Gordon while he takes a well deserved break. Among other things I'm not the runner he or most of you are but I can pretty much cut and paste your summaries. In a month or so I'll pass the baton on to another volunteer. (Of course you may drive me crazy sooner. Gordon has lots of endurance) So post your plans for the week endingin Jan 18. (Posting plans ahead is a first for me. I never want to be disappointed.) M- 6 mi T-strength training, core and ball classes W-6 mi Th-core/ball class AM, yoga PM F- 4 mi Su-yoga + shoveling Note: No snow shoveling is planned! Summary: 16 mi + strength and core/ball classes + yoga + snow muscles
      Hey Nowor - We're all willing to lend a helping hand. Thanks. Mon --------------- 3 miles w/strength/core -------------------------------- 3 miles-Done Tues -------------- 5 miles w/hill repeats ---------------------------------- 5.25 miles: 6 steep hill repeats, 10:27 av pace Wed --------------- 30+ min bike w/strength/core ----------------------- Overslept Undecided Thurs ------------- 5 miles w/5 x 3 min fartleks -------------------------- Done Fri - ---------------- 3 miles w/strength/core ------------------------------ No - too sick Sat - --------------- 13 mile trail run ----------------------------------------- Nope Sun ---------------- Rest ------------------------------------------------------- 5 sunny miles Yep - I'm all for doing a monthly rotation, or whatever works best for the masses. MTA - I can't remember everything on my schedule for this week, but I've included what I do remember. MTA - Am going to the ER this afternoon to try and get this whole intestinal issue resolved once and for all. Am just waiting for my doc to get out of surgery. A measly 13.25 miles this week. Terrible, absolutely terrible. Dead

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks Gordon for the work you've done on this thread. It does help me stay motivated. Thanks also to you nowor for filling in. Mon....3miles.........no run Tues...rest..............rest Wed...9miles.........nope Thurs..rest.............rest Frid....6miles.........nada Sat....rest................rest Sun...15miles........nothing Total....0
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Thanks again Gordon. Be well and hurry back. Smile Norwor - thanks for jumping in to keep us going. I was thinking that a monthly rotation might work, too, if Gordon is away that long. Starting my 16-week training plan for Broad Street 10M in May. Figures, it's going to be the coldest week of the winter so far. But then again, it IS January. Running goal - 16 miles. Monday - mostly rest with some light (very) stretching Tuesday - ran 4.6 and walked 1.0 plus some (rather significant) stretching in order to avoid the misery I felt Sunday when I fell asleep on the sofa after I ran Shocked Wednesday - rest Thursday - ran 3.0 and walked 1.0 plus stretching; coldest run for me ever at 21F with wind chill of 8F Friday - "rest;" I had new windows installed today, so I "rested" by teaching all day and cleaning my whole house this evening Saturday - more straightening up and lots of napping-as-resting on this cold, gloomy day Sunday - walked 1.0, ran 7.0 on the cold, windy boardwalk Weekly totals: 14.6 running; 3.0 walking Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

continuing thanks to Gordon... see the long term benefits of your work! thanks nowor. I'm the same way with scheduling. I'll wait to do it until i'm past this latest owie phase... it's hard enough to stop when i should as it is. Mon;. 1/2 hr. of verstegen's prehab. (done) Tues.: 4.54 miles easy, 10 min. pace. 2 sets on the weight machines.(lower body). back lifts, ab stuff. (done) Wed: 1/2 hr. Injured Runner dvd. Thurs: 4.79 miles 9:50 pace. 35 min. strength training, 2 sets lower body weight machines, stab. ball side planks & russian twists. brrrrr alert here but I'm not as tough as George. Fri: 3.22 miles 9:47 pace (recovery), 25 min. elliptical, 25 min. ub weight machines & stab. ball reverse crunches (2 sets ) coldcoldcoldcold. George & Erika would probably have run outside. Roll eyes -29 w/windchill. Sat: a few new core/pt type exercises. seemed effective.. no idea of the time involved. cleaned the basement. Sun: ran inside again, just not up to fighting the amount of snow we have. 6.67 miles, 9.55 pace. 30 minutes on the recumbent bike, 40 min. weight machines & stab. ball exercises. My hamstrings & piriformis are stil really bothering me.. I'm hoping I'm doing the right amount to keep me sane & still heal. totals, 19.2 miles running, 31.5 miles biking,25 min. ellipticalling, 2 hr. 50 min. strength training. {{{ Leslie }}}.... I'm a little behind on the daily. what happened at the ER???
              Mon: Easy 5.8 Tues: morning: weights and 1/2 mile recovery run; 5.24 mile tempo at lunch Wed: 8.2 moderate pace - 12 degress but did a nice 8:51 pace Thurs: 4 easy - legs felt a little achy so pulled back from plan of 6 Fri: Weights, 4 mile recovery jog on the treadmill Sat: 14 - Yay! Sun: rest or 3-4 mile recovery jog Total: ~40

Dutchie42

Thanks Nowor. Monthly rotation works for me too. Ohhh, posting plans ahead always turned into failure for me. I'll give it a shot again though. Gordon, take your time and come back well rested. Mon..... Rest day................................................-> didn't get up till 6h55 AM. Felt really nice. Tue...... 7K TM run.............................................-> UB endurance first, incl. abs, then 7.75K on the TM. Tough run at first, but it got better and I managed to run more than planned. Wed..... UB endurance+self defense class -> LB endurance w/o. Jeez, my butt hurts now. Plus a self defense class. First one in like 5 months I think. Forgot my stamina for running doesn't transfer to self defense. But it felt great to be back on the mat. Bruised both my feet kicking. Iced when I got home. I wonder what my run tomorrow will be like. Thu......10K negative split................................-> after taking the car to the shop for its annual check I ran back. My butt and legs were killing me from yesterday's LB w/o and self defense class. I ran slower than a sedated snail, but did manage 9.5K. Fri.........LB endurance......................................-> Gosh, my LB needed a rest day! And my shoulders are sore from all that high blocking I did Wed. Sat.......UB endurance + 7K easy...................->6.5K doggie fun run with Spikey&Spooky. Ofcourse Spike just had to run through the only muddy bit we passed. He was totally mud covered up to his belly, sigh. Sun......15K long run.........................................->16K long run on the TM. I run it only 5 min. slower than my PR. Which means I ran my long run too fast and too hard. Bad training strategy, not good. But the run itself though was great! Total mileage: 39.8K

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

Thanks nowor for taking over and many thanks to Gordon for hosting the thread for us in 2008.
                  DayMilesComment
                  Monday15.3 miles running - done9:50/mile avg pace
                  Tuesday7.5 miles running - done9:29/mile avg pace
                  Wednesdayrest day - done
                  Thursdayrest day - done
                  Friday7.8 miles running - done9:29/mile avg pace
                  Saturday15.0 miles running - done10:01/mile avg pace
                  Sundayrest day - done
                  Total45.6 miles running - Done
                  Paul
                  evanflein

Thanks Nowor! And many thanks to Gordon for carrying this for so long. Hope all is well with you, friend. This week is a "re-entry" and recovery week. Legs feel very good after the marathon, and since I really pulled the stoopid ace out of the hat (read my RR for details), I sure wish I could find another marathon in 3 weeks to get a better time. But financially that's out of the question for now... So................ Monday: Travel day (not much rest involved since spent most of it and Mon. night on planes/in airports) Tuesday: 4.53 miles EZ on the treadmill; .5 mile walk for w/u and c/d Wednesday: 8 sproinky miles outside in +30F temps, 8:19 avg pace Thursday: 4 easy miles at lunchtime, almost 40F!! Friday: Rest day. After doing some errands after work on glare ice, and barely getting up the driveway to home, my nerves were shot and I was worn out. Self-medicated with a nice glass of wine. Smile Saturday: 8.1 miles on icy bikepaths. Wore my Spikies for traction, 8:34 avg pace. Sunday: 11.74 Miles running, .66 mile walk w/u and c/d Totals: 36.37 miles running and a little over 1.1 miles walking that I measured...
                      Thanks, lyndenrunner and nowor. Smile Monday: --- Tuesday: --- Wednesday: Thursday: --- Friday: 3 miles on the treadmill Saturday: 3 miles on the treadmill Sunday: 3 miles on the treadmill Totals: 9 miles Dark Horse
                      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.