Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 2 (Read 357 times)

I know my the hub likes the way I look, and he's proud of my accomplishments, but so many times he thinks I don't eat enough, and I'm like, look - If I'm hungry, I eat. I like to eat! But I don't stuff myself anymore (thank you Weight Watchers!) and I watch my portions. I'd rather forgo that second helping of "whatever" and have a treat later. I am by no means skin and bones at 5'8", 140 lbs.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

no change from last week. 154ish
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Prince of Fatness

December 5 - 173 lbs. December 12 - 171.5 lbs. December 19 - 172.5 lbs. Up a pound. Damn. Maybe it's that tour of the microbrewery I went to last Saturday. Tongue

Not at it at all. 

Same for me again. I feel pretty good about that. Also, with the frigid temps and taking almost a week off now from running, not to mention bad eating habits, I'll take it. Good job to all of you meeting your goals! Janet
            i'm up 1lb from last week Sleepy not surprising tho -- just haven't been as disciplined as i need to be BUT i am really going to need you guys next year -- jan 16 i am having "female" surgery and will not be able to run for 6 weeks!!! eeeeks -- don't know how i'm going to do that but i will totally need to watch what goes in my mouth for sure during that time!! great job to all who have lost and/or maintained!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Denise, I had a minor "female surgery" two years ago, and was off running for 6 weeks, too. Surprisingly, I didn't gain any weight. I think as long as you make an adjustment to reducing your calories a little bit, you will find that you are not as hungry when you don't run, so it is easier than you might think. Plus, I did some walking, which helps.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BUT i am really going to need you guys next year -- jan 16 i am having "female" surgery and will not be able to run for 6 weeks!!! eeeeks -- don't know how i'm going to do that but i will totally need to watch what goes in my mouth for sure during that time!!
                Would it help if you tapered down your exercise/eating prior to the surgery so that it's not an all of a sudden, "Crap! No exercising, no eating. Who's idea was this anyway!!" Wink

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Afraid to get on the scale as my pants are getting tighter, Angry I can still get into my 31's but my fat pants are more comfortable. Tis the season for gifts of tins of chocolate, carmel popcorn, even some pies from Perkins from our ag suppliers and some of the hunters we let on our land. Must practice that regifting thing Big grin. I won't step on the scales until Jan 1 or so. Kind of battling achilles tendonitis so can't do the mileage that makes the pounds fall off for now and farming this time of year is being more of a desk jockey than a field hand so no help there. Maybe some crosstraining is in order??....Or mebbe cutting back on the wine.....how bout that crosstraining Wink

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Teresadfp

One day at a time

r2, good luck with the at. I battled with that for several months. It actually helped when we went on our trip in November and I ran only two times in two weeks. Really helped me heal 100% so I don't think about my ankle anymore. Cross training sounds better than cutting back on wine!
                      i'm with ya on that one!! thanks for the suggestions for me when i have to cut back on the workouts -- i'm hoping the mindless picking with the holiday foods gone will help too!!

denise

Ultrachick

I know my the hub likes the way I look, and he's proud of my accomplishments, but so many times he thinks I don't eat enough, and I'm like, look - If I'm hungry, I eat. I like to eat! But I don't stuff myself anymore (thank you Weight Watchers!) and I watch my portions. I'd rather forgo that second helping of "whatever" and have a treat later. I am by no means skin and bones at 5'8", 140 lbs.
                        Lucky! You got 2 inches on me! I came in yesterday at 141 and I'm 5'6". So I guess a couple pounds back up but today was 140 and change-go figure. Yes, I'm hopeless-I weigh in everyday. However, Jack says I eat too much (my significant other) and another friend who is a coach telling me I don't eat enough. I've cut back on the bread carbs and eating more fruits and veggies. The battle goes on....
                        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Marathon Maniac #957

My DH never comments on my eating. Since he's actually 130 lbs heavier than I am, I suppose he figures he's got no knowledge whatsoever about what I should be eating..... Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Kelly, my DH has said when I'm in peak training mode I can out-eat him any day! I try to always balance the intake with the activity, but running just really fires up my appetite! I've been naughty the last couple of days though... pizza, popcorn, wine... oh boy. It sure was fun though.