Masters Running

Sunday Feb 4.2017 (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Surly Bill - you have a shower in your van?

Am I the only person DVRing the SB just to watch the commercials and the half-time show, while I will fast-forward through that football part?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

spacityrunner

Tet:  as a former adjudications officer for INS I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this.

Sitting PR (6-hours) - was having such a good time that six hours passed from 9:30am - 3:30 pm before I thought it might be time for a lunch break at the city's annual Citizenship Fair joining up at the Seattle Center with other immigration volunteers to help immigrants fill out the intimidating 20-page naturalization application and not get scared away like one guy had been for 45 years because of an encounter with the police in 1980 that has to be included even though no charges were ever filed.  After a sandwich, went back for another three hours total even longer than marathons take nowadays.

Trails Rock!

coastwalker

Hi all,

Happy belated (?) birthday, Surly Bill!

The Mid-Winter 10-mile Classic was this morning in Cape Elizabeth, ME (not Cape Ann). I had the pleasure of watching Milktruck blow past me in mile 1 and chatting with him briefly after I finished. I wasn't really race-ready for this distance, and it was a bit of a mental/physical struggle, but I finished. Report elsewhere.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

evanflein

I've seen some of those portable shower things, some use solar to heat the water. Maybe that's what SB has?

Love the work Tet does, and that's just a part of it.

Holly, I've got DS and DIL up here watching the game, sort of. We're talking and visiting and watching DH make snacks. I do know Philadelphia just scored a touchdown so there is that. I was going to do laundry, too.... BTW, DH wanted to watch the game, and DIL is into football too. DS and me? Not so much.

1 hour 5 minutes of pool running (20+ laps) and a couple of laps swimming/kick boarding across the pool. I really need to practice my swimming, especially if this goes on much longer.

Surly Bill I had the same question as Holly S. shower + van = 

Holly S. see what you get for breaking rules. RunnerKSA realizes that Rule #1 is to prevent things like get soaked and cold and miserable and . . oh I just cannot go on with the list . . . 

coastwalker glad to hear you got your race in and a chance to talk to Milktruck.

Got my 22 mile run in today. It was supposed to include 7 at MP but I did not have it in me. I got to mile 2 and gave up. Hitting the wrong button on my Garmin did not help with my enthusiasm. I hit the suspend timing button rather than the lap button when I was switching to the MP section. It took me nearly a half mile to realize what happened. During the whole adventure I took some pictures and they are in the relive video. Two of the pictures are of the bridges I cross which I think make for some interesting views. Maybe not as interesting as wildchild's but you take what you can get.

https://www.relive.cc/view/g17614361588

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

25 min walk this afternoon after working on taxes.  Now watching the SB with the The Hub.

Surly - We need a pic of the van, sir.

Nice race, Jay.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

6 mile treadmill run this evening & a 10 mile run yesterday.

Paul

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  Got in 9 today--in the rain.  Wasn't a cold rain....but wasn't warm either.  Decent enough run.

Mass began at the scheduled kickoff.  It's already a small Mass and as you can imagine tonight it was even smaller.

Have a great night everyone!

8.2 beautiful, warm, humid miles in shorts!!! Oh that makes me so happy!! Felt tougher than it should have, but I figure I am feeling the effects of my blood donation this week and flying yesterday.

Well. Super Bowl results are not what I would have liked, but it was a good game and I am happy for the Philly fans!! I remember how good it felt when we finally started winning afte so many years of nothing.

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet:  as a former adjudications officer for INS I can't tell you how much I appreciate you doing this.

Thanks, but one day's no problem compared

to every day, day-after-day for you.

Super Thanks!.

ps - I don't think INS vs CIS is on the test

but some of the new attorneys

might not even know.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Surly Bill I had the same question as Holly S. shower + van = 

A Roadshower tank mounted vertically inside the back door. Pressurizes with a bike pump, and if it's in the sun heats up pretty quick. It's come in handy for much more than showers. I don't have a shower stall in the van, I just open the rear doors and stand there for whatever needs washing. For actual showers, a shower curtain on a pole between the two open rear doors works.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

SteveP

6.2 miles on the trails this morning.  Cool and foggy.  It was fun!

This sounds perfect.

Tet, you're a gem of a person.

Surly Bill, I like the shower thingy.

Got a couple in on the snowshoes with our GS, Noah. He just turned 10. Cripes

There was a very distinct bird call. Noah could not hear it because he he's yet to figure out that, in order to listen, you have to quit talking.

Sure enough, a Bald Eagle flew away. We posed for a group selfie and the thing flew right over head. I couldn't get the phone turned around quickly enough.

SteveP