Masters Running

Tall's Ottawa Marathon Report - A Great Race! - A few Pictures added... (Read 566 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Great race Tall!!! Congratulations on the 2:52.. that's awesome! Is L buying dinner? Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

The Jogger

Tall, you are one storm trooper. Just think how you were talking a couple of days ago with tummy trouble and then you go out and do this, on front of the family. Excellent Roy
        Great read. Very well done! As to why you are now ahead of L. I have a theory. I could never beat my TP (also a women) until we started training together. We both got faster, I just more so. I think there are two parts. One is that you train "better" with a regular partner. Two is that women are waaaaay better pacers than guys. So if you run with them early on in a race you actually end up doing better than you ever thought possible overall. That has been true for me in several of the races we have started off together. Anyway, again a great read about a great race. Also, congratulations to Liz on her first place AG finish.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I was tense the whole time reading that report!! Well done. You really know how to push through the pain and I find that very inspiring. I am glad the race went so well and it seems you have found the perfect training partner! Must be neat to be so far up the pack to see the Kenyan women! Now....time to relax??

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Very impressive result!! I can't even imagine running that fast for a mile ...now a marathon..!! Congratulations!! Francesca
              Great race, Tall You are Canada's answer to Craig Mottram! You tower over those other marathoners the way he does while running with the African's on the track. Congratulations
              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                Fantastic job, Tall. Both you and L deserve a big congratulations. It's an extra bonus that your parents and daughters were there to see you. TomS
                SteveP

Tall, great RR!!!! Decent weather, fellowship, family and "L". Not to mention a kick @$$ time!Sweet! If I were run a marathon in heaven, it would be the race you had. . . . . . Except maybe everone was nekkid.

SteveP

Great run, tall one. - I was waiting for this report, but have been offline for a while. Sounds like you finished strong despite stomach problems - its great to see your training come together. Great pics - you look strong and relaxed.... I expect the sub 2:50 will come for you - its hard to say how low you can go given your determination and durability. Ray

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Great job Tall! You are amazing and obviously in peak condition to run so well right after a sickness. Love the photo's - Liz is a beauty. Congratulations!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Manchild

Tall, I feel like I know, virtually anyway, a running celebrity. 2:52!!!! You're incredible!!! Congratulations!!! Chris

Marathon Maniac #957

Wait a minute - you told your girls to look for you at 2:52:30 and then you came in right at 2:52:30? Wow! Talk about reaching your goal SPOT ON! Amazing race, Tall, but then, you are such an amazing runner. I was worried that your last-minute virus was going to ruin your race, but you sailed right over that obstacle with flying colors. Excellent race and report!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."