Masters Running

3.17.13 Sunday daily (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

Gosh Mike only 1st OA - next time couldn't you just try a little harder? Shocked Congrats on a greta race!

Very nice progression, Opie. That's the way we like to see times going.

Wow - Robin and Marj out together on the BM course - how cool is that!

Congrats, Deeze, and welcome baby Maria! I'm very glad that everyone is doing fine.

So nice to have you back posting, Jlynne! Happy birthday to DH and GS Ben!

I hope you get back to just pavement soon, Evenflein. Until then, be careful.

I had a deep-tissue massage on Friday, and was feeling it (not in the best way) yesterday, as expected. We also drove down to Long Island, NY yesterday to visit a good friend. After snow flurries last night, this morning was clear and windy. I went a little over 8 miles, and felt pretty good except for some hamstring and IT aches. I hope they are just remnants of Friday's massage - time will tell.

Have a greta St. Pat's Day!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Happy St. Patty's day to you all!

We started off the day with a splash of Tullamore Dew in the coffee and Dropkick Murphy's on the sound system.

Mornin' Jay!

That looks like a fantastic half, Enke!  I'd be there in a heartbeat if I lived in your neck of the woods.

Hi Erika!  We've gained a few folks back at KR.  And yes, you've been missed (along with plenty of others!)  The big news these days is that Lab's back posting.

Rest day for me....will see if I can get DH out for a good walk this afternoon.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

A quick hello from Dublin.  Tsk, tsk coastwalker not mentioning Saint Patrick's Day in the daily title!  As penance you should have to color you avatar green for the day!  Joking

I have been pretty busy out here shepherding students to meetings with various companies.  Yesterday was tourist touring day and today is parade and off to our next city day.  As always, it is cool, cloudy and raining here in Dublin.  The only real question each morning is what kind of rain the day will bring:  intermittent,  light or heavy.  For my 22 mile run this morning I got to start off with intermittent.  Then light and steady.  Then of all things SNOW!  Shocked  Snow in Dublin?  Who ever heard of such a thing?  Then it warmed up a bit and it was back to rain.  All I can say is if on Boston marathon day the weather is really miserable I am all set for a BWPR!  (Bad Weather PR).

I also have to confess something.  It turns out there was a Saint Patrick's Day race here in Dublin.  Yesterday they held a 5K.  No matter I could not have done it anyway with the trip that was scheduled and also since my long run was today.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everybody!  Eat or drink something green.  For the record, lettuce apples  and other naturally green items do not count! Wink

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Almost embarrassed to post this, but .75 on the treadmill this morning. Hey - it's a start. Followed with 4 miles on the bike and 3 miles on the eliptical and 30 minutes of weights and core. My back hurts like h$%# right now but it sure felt good to run a little.

I work for a catholic high school here in town and the girl's basketball team won the state tournament yesterday. Even better, the games were held in Green Bay so I got to watch them play!  Then DH and I went to an Irish pub and had a couple of green beers to celebrate. Hope we get a day off tomorrow Big grin

How cool that Twocat is actually celebrating in Dublin. Happy St. Paddy's day everyone.

Quick fly by for now ... 20 miles done in 3:19:01 - lots of hills!!  Have to get ready for a 1:30 birthday party and 5:00 mass -- will try to download pics from my IPhone to photobucket tonight so I can post some here!!  I LOVE my new baby!!Smile

Happy St Patrick's Day my friends!!

denise

Rondog65

Happy St. Paddy’s Day to all,

I did my long run yesterday so I am not sure if I will take a short leisurely run today or just enjoy a rest day.  Took my DW out to our favorite breakfast place this morning, ah the simple things in life.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Henrun

Happy St. Paddy's day to all. I was decked out in green as I ran 5 along the Charles. I'm keeping my runs to no more than 4-6 while I build up a base again. Feels good and no pain.

Wathing the Bruins on tv while Marj is at the local puppet theater with her DD and grandkids.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Erin go braghe (or something like that, I think?)  I at least wore my nice green Connects, although not intentionally.  Joining Henry in watching the Bruins (although in different locations).  Glad your comeback is going well, Henry.

10 miles this morning that felt a little tough.  Since there aren't any hills on my normal lake route, I ran 3.5 to the park I normally drive to for 3 miles of hills and then 3.5 back.  I know it's good for me, but my legs are suffering a little at the moment.  Ended up with  somewhere over 10 min pace, which included a couple of walks up the steeper ones.  (No cracks from Carolyn, please)

Great news that you're back running again, Jlynne.  small steps after being off for quite a while.  You'll do great!!

Mike--if you want to run faster, let someone pass you.  Then run like hell to catch them.  It's your own fault for being in front.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

That looks like a fantastic half, Enke!  I'd be there in a heartbeat if I lived in your neck of the woods.

+1

Deez - nice 20!

Twocat in Dublin for St. Patty's day!  Do they serve green beer there?

I set out to do a wave run today, but only got in 3 speedy miles (miles 3, 5, and 7 were 8:24, 8:28, 8:36) before I gave up on it.  The 15-25mph winds just did me in, and my hands were frozen by 8 miles.  I headed home and arrived there at 11 miles, did a sluggish 4 more on the TM, and finished with 15 miles.  Disappointing run, no energy, too many walk breaks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Could only muster 9 miles this morning...but it felt good to get out there...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

sucker for bubbles

We're all Irish today, right?

Portland  Shamrock run comes in 3 different races, 5k, 8k and the nastiest 15k around.   35k folks running which is awesome, except for the fact most have no idea where they need to be as far as corrals.   I got stuck behind the 10 min pace folks.  Lots of maneuvering and no one to race with.  Watch said 1:06 something (7:02 pace) which I'm sure won't be anywhere close to placing    Total for the day, 18 miles.  Time to go smoke my corned beef

Maniac 505

Ran St Patrick's day dash with Enke, Tet, and 17,000 of my closest friends.   This is always a hard one to work through the crowds but we had a partly sunny 45° day for the festivities.

Divechief, Tet and Enke

Great running all, even those who were disappointed.  I know the feeling.  I'm not sore enough today!

Great Seattle pic and there are some true rock stars.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Dave59

Opie - congratulations on your race.  It's ok if you aren't too sore today.  It just means you recover fast.

Nice Seattle picture.  It's nice to see more of Enke than a bloody knee.

After a leisurely  breakfast this morning I made a decision to go xc-skiing.  It was the best conditions I've ever had.  A few inches of new snow were freshly groomed.  It was 20° and sunny.  I stayed out on the trails for about an hour and a half.  They had a biathlon going when I got there.  They used paint ball guns for the target shooting.  Looked like a lot of fun.  (Adults were finishing as I arrived so I didn't participate.)

Hard to believe I was dying of heat stroke in an 8k on this same weekend last year.  But this is March after all.

Jlynne, sorry to hear you are in so much pain.  That just stinks.

It was great to be out in the partial sun today, with Dive and Tet.  Even wIth not much sleep and a hangover (almost cancelled), I managed an ok run.  Flushed the toxins out.  That cell phone takes a nice clear picture...

I owe Ribs a dollar for taking my jacket off and tying it around the waist.  Or is it a dollar per mile?

Thanks the special gift Tetsujin!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."