Masters Running

Another 10K...Another Disappointment (Read 267 times)

umm ya!! what they all said!! seriously DickyG!! you ran an awesome race - don't worry BE HAPPY!! Big grin

denise

huskydon

Sorry you didn't beat your rival, but I agree with the others and think you did very well. You hung with him the whole race and improved your time from last year. Next year should be the charm, right? huskydon
        Great PR and AG win...that's the way you have to look at it...WELL DONE!!!
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        SteveP

Dicky, a rival pushes us to improve. That being said. Kick his @$$ in the parking lot before the race. Black eye

SteveP

You have to write a short story , oops, let's remember who I'm talking to here, a screenplay, yeah, that's it, about the rivalry and the race. The scene with Harry is perfect counterpoint to the bitter build-up and gnashing of teeth denouement. One question: who plays you, who play badguy? Harry plays himself and wins award at Emmys/Oscars for breakthough performance, opening new career for himself. grins, A
            Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #957

Awww, Dicky....you want I should come and whup him for you?....
              It's a tradition here that after the rest of us old timers finish, we all walk down the course a little and when Harry enters the final 1/4 mile or so, all of us run it with him. I'm hoping he can run for 75 more years.
              That is so kewl! Dicky – you didn’t beat your rival, but you ran a super-fast race and won 1st AG – pretty fancy footwork, I’d say – great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Yeah, Dicky, you really let us down. I know, I know - a 30-sec improvement and an AG win would be fantastic for most people, but it just isn't good enough for you if you can't manage to beat that SOB youngster out there... What, are you nuts??? You ran a GREAT race! It's terrific to have motivation to keep you going, and to keep pushing you to greater achievements, and it's nice to know that your arch rival/motivation is still there, although probably not for much longer, the way you're going. Congratulations on a great job!! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

maybe you need to compare age-graded times--bet you beat HWSNBN like a rented mule. Big grin BTW I still haven't hit your pace for a 5K and I'm in that youngster AG. Great race and hope you've got 27 (at least) more to go. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Yeah, I was confoozed too when I read this because by all appearances - taking time off of last years time, 1st AG - it sure sounded like a good race to me. And 48 min? man, I'd love a 10K time like that. BUT, I know what you mean about wanting to beat arch rivals. I have one of those too at most of my local races. Sometimes I beat her, sometimes I don't. love your age group - 65 to death. You One Funny Man DickyG!

Tammy

#artbydmcbride

The important stat here is that you are getting faster and arch-rival is running a little slower! You have him in your sights! Can you find out where he is racing next? I think you can take him soon!

Runners run