Masters Running

GPS/TEchnology User Group (Read 206 times)

A Man On The Run!

I was wondering of there is a User Group about GPS or Technology? (Still learning my way around here) I found one about GPS Running but no activity since 2011.

I am trying to get recommendations on GPS watches.  Looking at the Garmin Forerunner 10 but there are soooo many choices it gets confusing.

Thanks in advance.

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Albert Einstein

Tramps

Check out the "Gears and Wears" forum for all things gear-related, including watches.

Be safe. Be kind.

King of PhotoShop

Can't believe I saw this post this morning.  My wife needs a new Garmin, but doesn't care for the heart rate monitor.  If anyone has a suggestion I would be grateful.  Spareribs

A Man On The Run!

Check out the "Gears and Wears" forum for all things gear-related, including watches.

Thank you Tramps, that was just what I needed.

Being new to RA, sometimes I feel like the new kid in a big school wandering the halls  trying to find my classes!

Zeke

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Albert Einstein

#artbydmcbride

Can't believe I saw this post this morning.  My wife needs a new Garmin, but doesn't care for the heart rate monitor.  If anyone has a suggestion I would be grateful.  Spareribs

I got the Garmin 305.  You can buy it without the heart rate monitor (cheaper then!)  I like it because it keeps a charge for over 20 hours of use, and the numbers are really big and easy to see while running.  Blush

It is the triathlete one, so it is water proof,  but I haven't forgotten to take it off before getting in the shower yet, but when I do....I'm ready!  Big grin

Also it uses buttons to navigate, not that pesky touchscreen that hates sweaty fingahs!

Runners run

bhearn

I got the Garmin 305.  You can buy it without the heart rate monitor (cheaper then!)  I like it because it keeps a charge for over 20 hours of use, 

Wait, is that what you meant to say? 305 is rated for 10 hours (I tended to get ~ 11); 310 is rated for 20 (I tend to get ~19).

#artbydmcbride

Huh, I got a refurbished one, I could have sworn the papers said 20 hours....I better recheck.  Smile

Runners run

A Man On The Run!

Its amazing the choices out there!  As a new runner it can be intimidating and finding current reviews can be tough.  It appears Garmin is the leader with Polar and Timex behind.

I have to figure out what I am looking for the watch to do now and into the future.

I like what I am seeing in the FR 10 BUT as the saying goes "You don't know what you don't know!" so I have to keeresearching.

Thanks again!

Zeke

dg.

Hi Zeke!     Welcome to RA, even though I don't qualify to say that as I haven't been around much anymore......

But it's a good place.   The inmates are running the asylum.  

I like my 305 .... the heart rate monitor doesn't bother me because I leave it home.  ; ).    I do plan to start using it again soon..    Ribs what specifically does the Saint not like about it?    I do think the Polar version is a little more comfortable, but I don't like using either one.  

I like the Garmin data output, I like the polar's footpod/stride sensor which gives stride length & cadence... when it works.   Mine doesn't.