Masters Running

Saturday, December 22 Masters run and chat (Read 664 times)

That's kind of you to offer! How do I look at your log? I'm new at this and can't figure it out. Smile
    Well now I'm confused. I made it viewable to this "group," so why isn't there a link? Can someone smarter than I am advise? I can make it public, but I thought the other option should work. Jem
      Oops, never mind. Look to the left, and click on "reports." You'll find a list of users who have made their logs viewable.
        Hey folks. Good to see some familiar faces. Got the 21 miles taken care of but wasn't easy. Popcorn at a movie last night (Walk Hard. Oh man. Saying it was funny doesn't suffice) wasn't exactly good carbo loading and I was hurting by mile 14. Cold, very wet and windy. Whatever I lost in water weight internally I gained in my sopping clothing. At least I saw a few other crazies out there like me doing long runs. By Mile 18 I found a second wind and picked up the pace to finish just as a calf cramp kicked in big time. Enke -you crack me up! I certainly do get into my music, but have never tried a groupie visualization during a run.
          Was supposed to do 5 miles of speedwork today. Well, I, uh did manage to run a half mile more than I had glasses of wine at the party last night, 3.5 miles to be exact. I'm soooooo tired. But equally glad to be off from school for the week. I'll easily make up missing this week's goal of 13 miles by 1.2 mile next week - may do a (relatively) quick 2 miles tomorrow morning before the rain starts. Signed up for the 1,000 mile club, but I think achieving it next year might be quite a stretch for me. I'm zeroing in on 450 miles for 2007, so 1,000 in 2008 would be a big increase. If I can be consistent and run without injury, it'll be a good goal, though. And the pace bunny will definitely motivate me! Off to REI after church tomorrow morning to pick up a new running shirt and hat that I bought myself for Christmas - that'll motivate me through my first-ever 7-miler on Monday. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Congratulations to Ilene on the 2nd in AG in your recent race. That was a great idea to share the Christmas tree.
            Ilene, Yes, congratulations. Smile If I ever visit your house, I am going to steal some of your AG awards so I can have some. This racing thing hasn't worked out too well for me, so maybe petty larceny is the answer. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
              Wow, Soundie, 21 miles. Nice run. Dark Horse
              wildchild

Carolyn

I'm joining the 1000 mile club for 2008 - thanks for the link! I think I like this site. Cool I'll have about 960 miles for 2007. I had 140 to go at the end of November, and that was more than I wanted to bite off for a month, as my highest mileage month to date is only 108 miles. I do have 6 months over 100 miles for the year, though, (counting this month) so 1000 for next year is certainly do-able. It was in the single digits here today, with howling wind and drifting snow, so I wimped out and went to the rec center indoor track. Can't stand the dreadmill, but the indoor track is OK. Ran 5 miles in about 51 minutes, followed by weights.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

If I ever visit your house, I am going to steal some of your AG awards so I can have some. This racing thing hasn't worked out too well for me, so maybe petty larceny is the answer.
                  Note to PDR: Dark Horse isn't allowed in our house any more.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Enk – 12 miles on the TM – you are TOUGH, woman! Ilene – congrats on the AG win, and how very kind of you to give your prize away. {{{PDR}}} – you are working too hard lately, my fren… Teresadfp – I say go for it! And speed is not the point, just getting out and doing it makes you a winner. PRED - I really like my Headgator: http://www.maxit-inc.com/products/headgator.html Versatile, and I can fit my pony tail through it. Soundrunner – congrats on toughing out your 21-miler!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

A busy day today. Up at 4:30 AM to go to breakfast with some former co-workers, so I missed my morning run. I went out this afternoon and ran a quick 5.5 miles. At the 3.5 mile mark I crossed the 1000 mile threshold for the year and had planned on doing a celebratory leap and cheer, but I was enjoying the run so much that I didn't even think about the milestone until I was almost home! I will probably slow down for a couple of weeks and give this old body some rest Undecided
                        At the 3.5 mile mark I crossed the 1000 mile threshold for the year
                        Oldguy, Congratulations! I've never done that. Maybe next year? Dark Horse
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Holly - Thanks for the encouragement! I need to keep repeating that to myself. Jemmama, thanks for telling me how to look at the logs. Your 5k PR is faster than mine, so you're doing great. But speed doesn't matter, anyway!! Geez, I've got the running bug so badly that now I want to run tomorrow, even though I've run two days in a row and I know I shouldn't. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with walking my collie. Sigh! Teresa

King of PhotoShop

Soundrunner! You so rock! Spareribs
                            TammyinGP

Awesome run in some undesireable weather conditions, Soundie! and congrats to those that reached the 1000 club this year! That is a great accomplishment! My goal this year was 800 (up from about 360 last year Roll eyes I'll probably end up in the upper 800's by the time the month is up. Next year I'll hit 1000 though. had a good workout today. I headed to the gym because I'm not as tough as Soundie in this weather, and it was probably better down here in So. Oregon than it was up there. I did a 3 mile hill workout on the TM wtih inclines ranging from 4-6%, then I tried out the rowing machine, having never done that before. I only did that for 12 min, then headed to the elliptical and did a higher intensity workout on that for 15 min, then headed back to the TM for another 3 mile run. have a good weekend all!

Tammy

aw thanks. No kudos deserved. I was whining in my head the entire time. Tam, keep up the rowing and I want to see you and Sous arm wrestle at the next meet up. Eugene? Hey, anyone, what does the emoticon second to the end mean? Dejection? (I like it) And the 8-ball?