Masters Running

Thursday 12/6/18 (Read 38 times)

Stickin' to the PLAN

Thursday: recovery

4 @ reco pace

Our cold snap is over, it was high 60's and calm this afternoon. No more of that frigid low to mid 50's!

Henrun, twocat et al; get well soon.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Henrun - any sadness about not being able to do dishes????  

marj - excellent but "no-guilt-no-shame"

is why we get married in the first place.

Besides, we still take out the garbage. Smile

I wore screw shoes but didn't really  need them, as it was mostly bare dirt,

nice but bare dirt deserves bare feet, . . .

unless it's full of all the nasty, sharp, mechanically-crushed

rock bits that're now being used all around the PNW

for trail so-called "improvements" (instead of just stabilizing

the trail to prevent erosion with cribs, rocks on the downsides, etc. ),

6.6 RW miles this morning in 27° temps.

me too exactly the same on the other side of the country

but regular walking for only five miles and temp was 28°.

ps steve - I took MapMyWalk off auto-pause but it seems to have rubbed against my pocket or something and I only got 3.1 miles instead of the 5.06 produced by MapMyRide on Tuesday over the same route. I'll try a protective, waterproof pocket case for tomorrow before checking around for one of the strap-on armband ones or clip-on-to-fanny pack belt ones I’ve seen in the past but didn’t think I had any need for.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Joe618

Morning mass and prayer group then went to get my new car!!  Bought a 2018 Rav4 - color is black currant and is quite sharp looking!!

Apparently Santa thinks I've been a very good girl this year!! 

Great morning, great car, Denise!!   We've owned a RAV4 for about six years now and it just goes and goes and goes.   Hoping to make it last 10 years and it's sure on track.   Enjoy it!!

Karen, you watched Vandy win big yesterday...my DW (the biggest college basketball fan around) and I are watching our Boilermakers play Maryland right now.   Just showed a commercial for The Worlds Greatest Dog Hair Brush (or something like that) proudly sold at TSC.   Made me think of you.   Wonder if they are on a shelf near the donuts???

Survived our European Audit today.   Large, collective sigh of relief.   Heard all the way to Munich.

So, so much to read here, can't comment on it all.   Enjoy the daily reads from all of you.

Ran 5.1 miles in a gnarly cold wind pre dawn...feels like a long time ago.    ITB and glutes are improving.

Rock your Fridays, folks.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Joe618

Oh yeah, almost forgot...I'm emailing our financial advisor right now about this SS loophole.  DW and I were both born in 1953...we'll see.   "Don't leave money on the table"...well said, Karen.

Thanks for the discussion on that topic.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  Did 6.1 late this afternoon.  It included a 1.5 mile section run at a 6:54 pace (and that section is a dirt road) to sorta make up for the intervals I missed yesterday.  So I'll call it a short tempo section.  Overall pace around 8:14/mile.  Was going to night ride....then better sense prevailed.  I'll test my cooler weather cycling gear in daylight first.

Deez, Enjoy the RAV4.

Have a greta night everyone!

deez4boyz hmm Santa never leaves me a car. Not that I am suspicious or anything. But...  I hope it runs great for a long time

I went to PT today and was given the green light to run intervals! Well technically intervals. You know using like the formal definition and maybe stretching it just a wee bit. All right, all right pathetic intervals!! How is that? Happy now!  Here is what she said, walk a quarter mile then do a slow jog for an eighth of a mile. Repeat three times. See INTERVALS!!  I don't get no respect around here.

So that I make tomorrow's round up, I found time to do 25 minutes on the recumbent bike

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

nice but bare dirt deserves bare feet, . . .

unless it's full of all the nasty, sharp, mechanically-crushed

rock bits that're now being used all around the PNW

for trail so-called "improvements" (instead of just stabilizing

the trail to prevent erosion with cribs, rocks on the downsides, etc. ),

Tet, this bare dirt was full of non-mechanically crushed, naturally occurring granite, interspersed with snow, at 28 degrees, so no barefoot running!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

LOL on the dog brush, Joe.   We don’t sell donuts in the store- this was a special food truck for the grand opening.  We have to have a stupid food license in some states just for the packaged candy bars and junk food we sell at the register.   I had a big issue in Florida because we are pet friendly and the inspector said that we couldn’t allow pets in the store since we had a food license.  I said, “Are you kidding me?  Because of the CANDY BARS?”

Let me know if your financial advisor tells you or your wife to go apply for that benefit.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

Scanned super quick, sorry not much for comments except so glad to see Maggie is settling in (and growing big!) with Stumpy's family and Holly is doing a pretty cool holiday evening out and the color of Deez's new car is beautiful! (saw it on FB)

Ran 5.5 today along the Hudson River, one of my favorite routes to run in Manhattan. Beastly wind on the way back though. We went to Wicked this evening! It was great. Traffic though was horrendous on the way home and it took us well over an hour to get back in our Lyft. Our driver was good and very patient but geez what a snarl everywhere!

Tomorrow we grab my friend from home who is staying about a mile away, then heading in to Newark to get our car and meet up with Hally, then heading down to Rehoboth Beach! Marathon is 7 a.m. on Saturday, uff da!