Masters Running

Fridaily, 5.11.18 (Read 36 times)

Steve - don’t give a second thought about people thinking you’re a trouble-maker. Just wait until you get into this part of your life and you really don’t care what anyone else thinks.       

Yeah, that! ^

I'm back! Did you miss me? 

1.85 miles ez and gimpy

First day running after infuriating, not just angering, my achilles in that 3k last Friday (Oregon Twilight). I've been limping all week, but better each day. In the recent past, I've found that I get gooder faster when I run a little instead of sit and wait. Today was no exception, I started out running with a limp but after 1k I felt ok, and afterwards I was walking with zero pain. My short route was to go check on the goslings to see how much bigger they've gotten.

I'm happy to hear about the spousal progress being shared! That's really great!

KSA, you mean I can go to the doctor and get fixed to not be such a tight-ass?  Hope the vay-cay helps, too!

Jay, those temps must be pretty balmy for you!

Dave59; I've always wanted a tablet with a laptop processor so it could work just as fast. I think the little chromebooks and others are the only in-between.

Tammy; I waved when I drove by Grants Pass, did you see me?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Hey Surly--I suffered from Achilles tendonitis for years.  I was seeing a physical therapist for awhile and he tried all kinds of things that never worked.  He, finally, suggested that I try prolotherapy.  It hurt like crazy to have it done, but it did the trick.  Just a thought.

I went 10 miles tonight.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Glad you are getting better, Surly!   Yes, doctors can fix tight asses!  

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, long couple of days but am back in NC.  How long still to be determined.  Looks like I'll have at least a foot in both units which is awkward since you can only command one unit at a time.  Anyway, was in Marietta, GA this morning (drove there after work on Thursday) to do a visit to the 22nd Air Force A4 staff.  I was a traditional reservist at that base for 3 years (2002-2005) and had forgotten how hilly it is.  They added a couple of running trails so at least I was able to spend less time on the road (still no shoulders on the roads there).  Got in 5 miles.  Did my staff visit/familiarization then drove back to NC.  They gave me a lot of info on my soon-to-be new unit.  Gonna be tough.

Starr/Fatozzig--prayers continuing!  Great start though.

Have a great night everyone!

Hey Surly--I suffered from Achilles tendonitis for years.  I was seeing a physical therapist for awhile and he tried all kinds of things that never worked.  He, finally, suggested that I try prolotherapy.  It hurt like crazy to have it done, but it did the trick.  Just a thought.

I checked with UCLA medical center about the tenex fast surgery, and it would only be around $5k. I don't have public servant level health insurance, so I'd have to pay the whole thing on my own. I'll check and see if they do it in Malaysia yet, it would probably be $750-1500.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

SteveP

RunnerKSA - enjoy the time in the tropics.

C-R - You as well.

Surly Bill - Good luck.

SteveP