Masters Running

40's + On the Run w/e 7/11 (Read 425 times)

Top 'O the World!

{{{{  psssst! helloooo? anybody in here?  }}}} 

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

I'm here .  2 hrs behind the mower following my race. Many cold ones in store for tonight...

Third annual running of the Belmar 5 miler today. A little warmer at 78* but can't complain about the heat. A little rushed this morning on the way and should have done a longer warmup. Was shooting for under 40 mins and if I had been more aggressive my first mile, I would have got it. I'm just sooo used to taking it easy on first miles.Still a PR by 1.5 mins from last year. Clock time was 40:50, unofficial chip time says 40:23. Bright side is even though I felt like dying,puking,stopping, slowing down towards the end, still managed to get negative splits:

8:28 ,8:05 ,8:02, 7:51 .7:35.

These short races take some getting used to and have a different way to suffer than the marathons.I think that it takes a while during a marathon before you know you're hurting, these shorter races, you tend to find out right away !

Enjoy the w/e folks.

Top 'O the World!

Aaahhh, Very nice Joe!~  Congrats!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group