Masters Running

Sunday May 3---racing, running, and giving thanks (Read 501 times)

Econo gotta be careful what you say about the editor! Nasty dude I tell you! BTW I hope things cleared up in time for the race. When I left at the ever popular hour of 5am it was raining pretty hard. I could easily tell as the cab's window wipers were busted! Roll eyes

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Econo! You may think that's a "meh" HM but I sure don't. It's good that you think that is "meh" because that tells me you are ready to pour it on in your next race. You did good and you are ready! Tammy!!! Great job. That's not slow. That's a fine run and you planned it well and executed it. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Beginner all over again

Wow, lots of folks busy on the Weekend Smile Good job, everyone!. Nice reports to read! I entered my First 5K this weekend with a group of friends. Was going to just walk it, as I am still More Walk Than Jog So I got up early, went to Walk, Walk/Jog, Whatever... my first 5K, but after the first mile decided to give it a go, see what it was all about Wink So I did my first 5K with increasing effort and negative splitting every half-mile. I had the Garmin set to half-mile as one-lap I thought I was increasing the pace for the 1.5 mile, but evidently *wink it only Felt that way . Surprised The goal was to finish, to walk it, so I'm happy with my time and my experience Thank goodness there was no 4th mile, it would have ruined my negative splitting. Big grin Time was 39:45 Half-Mile splits were 0.5 Mi 7:31 1.0 Mi 6:36 1.5 Mi 6:39 2.0 Mi 6:20 2.5 Mi 5:51 3.0 Mi 5:37