Masters Running

Tuesday, July 13 Master Run and just getting moving ..... (Read 588 times)

lamerunner

So Erika, if a stiff wind clears out the smoke, can you see Russia??? ( sorry, could not resist)  Those Kittens are adorable.  How about Mortimer, or Matilda. ? 

{{DG}}  So sorry for your loss. Drive safely and remember the good times with her.

I added a 1500 yard swim to my day at lunch time.

Great run CNY. You do so well with the early morning speed!

Marathon Maniac #957

Feeling a little hot today?

Missing this?

Or this?

Not me........

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

I don't miss that either, but I'd rather do without this:

That's last year's fire. This year's is not quite as big, and over to the right of this picture.

But I'm in no hurry to get back to this...

Or this...

Marathon Maniac #957

No doubt - those frozen lashes and scary vision problems you get when you are out there too long in that extreme cold - scary stuff!

I'm finally finished editing photos that have been gathering on my computer since last August........time to upload for prints....(whew!)......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

((dg))  i cant see the picture but am keeping you all in my prayers!

cny - nice job raising that money.......you are truly an inspiration!

mary - love the kittens - they both have the "M" so were definitely meant for you to take them home!!

erika and holly -- those pictures are a great reminder of why i love this heat and humidity!!

had to combine my run with washing comforters at the laundromat so put them in the washer - ran over to the gym just a parking lot away and did 3.1 miles with 5 x .25 mile intervals at 8:30 pace.......then ran back over to throw the comforters in the dryers for a bit and ran an easy 1.5 miles outside in the lovely soupy weather!!   Smile

now at work - 2 nights in a row - then friday we bring our camper up to Old Orchard Beach - cant wait!!

denise

evanflein

6.1 easy pace/effort miles tonight. Smoke cleared a bit and temps in the low 60's. Worked at keeping the pace easy, or at least the effort and it seemed to pay off. I was able to run up the hill to home without fading or stopping, pace was around 9 m/m for those two hardest miles. 8:42 overall average pace.

Hey Folks - Haven't been around for a few days, so I guess lots to catch up on.  Lots of kitty talk!!

Mary - They're too stickin' cute!  Definitely get them a scratching post.  It'll go a long way toward saving your furniture.  [Up on Soap Box] Don't ever get your cats declawed.  It's basically considered an amputation and I don't think I would ever go to a vet that condoned it. [Off Soap Box]  Squirt bottles are really good training tools.  And like Erika said, if they're indoor/outdoor, you're going to have to be very careful about the "wild" ones you have.  Re the raccoons - I would stop leaving food in the garage.  Feed the cats during certain periods and they will eventually learn that if they want to eat, they better get their butts in there.  You'll constantly have raccoon problems if you keep food available.

Okay - I'm done lecturing.

TomS - I won't say have fun with the colonoscopy, but may you end up being clean as a whistle.  Hope the blood work turns out in your favor, as well.

Did someone say a guy was doing dishes and feeding cats??  Holy crap!  I'm feeling faint . . . .

{{{DG!}}}  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  May your aunt find strength in the love that surrounds her.

Holly - Sounds like, with the exception of Evil Jackie - you're feeling healthy again.

I ran SOB this past weekend.  Wasn't real happy with my performance, but got it done nonetheless.  It was hot, we had to tramp through quite a bit of snow, and I ended up with some altitude sickness.  Came in 40 min slower than last year, but according to Coach most folks were about 20 min slower this year, so I feel somewhat better.  He reminded me that he had cut back on my mileage because he wanted me to have some real recovery from AR50, and that I had said, "If I finish, I finish.  If I don't, I don't."  Well, once you're out there, easier said than done.

One more run in September, then I think he's putting the brakes on me for about 3-4 months so I can concentrate on hill climbing and nutrition.  Although I know it's for the best, t's going to be hard staying motivated with no events looming in the near future.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

How to keep cats from scratching furniture. I vote for "Captain M" and "The Terror"..Cute kitten names.

(((((DG's Family)))))

Good luck TomS.  Good deal on going to the DR...We want you healthy and happy and here for a long time.....Even though you've never once mentioned wearing tights and a cape....No one's perfect.

I've yet to hear about Alaska fires Erika..How often do they happen???

Berry's are just coming into season. DW and I have been putting in 1.5 miles then picking on the way back...That darn dog...He's been running ahead, then eating ripe berry's off the bush....Then peeing on the bushes with out fruit.

Monday, Noah was over while I had the day off. His Great Grandmother was over..She tried talking with him. After a bit, he said, "I'm watching Batman" He makes a Grampy proud.

SteveP

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Berry's are just coming into season. DW and I have been putting in 1.5 miles then picking on the way back...That darn dog...He's been running ahead, then eating ripe berry's off the bush....Then peeing on the bushes with out fruit.

Sniffing Butts, Tag