Masters Running

Sat. Aug 16 DAILY runs, etc. (Read 340 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

SteveP--so sad to hear about Ace. I can't remember if he was a rescue dog, but he sure had a good life with you for a short while. It's not always easy to do the right thing, but you were a responsible owner and saved a lot of pain and suffering in the future. Hope you'll be able to get another--they sure feel like an important part of life. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nice 5K race Bill...and very good paces....y da man....old man, lol I manage a collision center, and I can tell you $21.00 for a repair is un heard of...but I have to admit takin it easy on many many people...just don't tell my boss. 15 mile "wave run" for me this fine morning. 2:12 - 8:48 average pace. 3 miles at MP - Plan 8:00 pace 7:58 7:56 7:48 2 miles at 1/2 MP - Plan 7:30 pace 7:35 7:28 7:22 Good workout and done with a slight hangover from a Friday night having fun with some Triathlete buds of mine. Hope the best for Holly tomorrow!!! I am jealous of Ribs also...getting to meet the special and talented woman Karin! You ever go off course a few miles to your favorite porta potty, and find it gone...that's a pain in the??? lol Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

It looks like you all are doing great things with your running. Kudos to Dave for his 4:56 mile. This morning: 100 situps, 2 miles on the elliptical. This afternoon: 5 miles on the treadmill at 9:00 mile pace. I hope it's OK to drop in, after being away for a while. I've been busy with other things: you know how it is. I couldn't run for a while anyway. I have been a broken-down Horse since running my first marathon last year. For the last two months, I have maintained a 15 mpw average, mostly at 9:00 mile pace, and that seems to be working for me. Mariposai, it would be nice to sit and drink mate with you. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Renee the dog

SteveP --- SOOOOO sorry to read of your loss. Cry Sarge -- What can I say? I understand where you're at... More Cry Today was tough seeing my Dad. Two days ago - he was still sitting up and eating a little -- today, almost gone. Sad. Such a contrast seeing his best buddy of the same age, who's become serious about fitness, standing beside my Dad's broken down body. Some people see forums like these as frivolous. I think anything that keeps us all motivated to stay fit is a worthwhile thing. Esp. after my day today. Hope everyone has a great night and good running tomorrow. Now, back to this marathon thing on NBC. Wink P.S. You guys think you were surprised by the $21 bill for the car -- you should have heard the mother of the girl who hit my car when I called her and delivered the news this morning. It was nice to make her day. And her week. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'll only say it once, but you're still way ahead of me oh dark one . . . but don't stay away from here anymore; I'll catch you sometime again. mari - pm me aamos - the out-and-backs of our first SM were great but it's was summertime Seafair Pink Door festivities that's worth comin' back for. Let's get divechieve and do it again! <>www.seattleRnR.com)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

It looks like you all are doing great things with your running. Kudos to Dave for his 4:56 mile. This morning: 100 situps, 2 miles on the elliptical. This afternoon: 5 miles on the treadmill at 9:00 mile pace. I hope it's OK to drop in, after being away for a while. I've been busy with other things: you know how it is. I couldn't run for a while anyway. I have been a broken-down Horse since running my first marathon last year. For the last two months, I have maintained a 15 mpw average, mostly at 9:00 mile pace, and that seems to be working for me. Mariposai, it would be nice to sit and drink mate with you. Dark Horse
              Wow!!!!!!!!!! I almost had a heart attach when I saw Dark Horse's posting. Where is the dancing banana when we need one???????? I am so happy to see you back here mi amigo. You WERE missed and no butterfly hugs for you for not dropping a line to us saying that you will be gone for a while. Glad you are back dough. Just last night I saw this picture in my computer and I was thinking of you.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I've been busy all day and didn't get around to posting. Wasn't going to bother, as it's getting late, but then... Whoa - It's Dark Horse. After all this time.. We drove right by your little town in New England two weeks ago, and said - what's with Dark Horse? Maybe we should just drop in... Anyway - welcome back, DH. Please don't leave us again like that. 6.07 miles for me this morning at 10:04 pace. Trying to decide whether to go for 20 tomorrow. I did 19 just 8 days ago, so normally I wouldn't try another long, long run the following weekend, but I'm feeling pretty good. So we'll see. I got together with a friend of mine this morning who quit smoking a few months ago after landing in the hospital with pneumonia. She was doing really well, then got a virulent staph infection somehow, and was critically ill in June. On a ventilator for a couple weeks, etc. Anyway, she's doing better now and has started a walking program. I am so proud of her, and will try to walk with her as often as possible. She says she wants to start running, so I gave her some training plans to first just walk for four weeks, and then move onto the walk-jog program. One more thing. So sorry, SteveP.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Mariposai

Mariposai, I love adore pesto! I want to be your neighbor/running partner! Big grin
                  I would love to have you as running partners as well. That would be soooo much fun. Hey, we have a lot of orchard lands that is being sold for housing right now... Cry Wanna buy some land in my hood? Tongue

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Great! Dark Horse is back...He'll straighten things out. Yes ETA...Thanks

SteveP

dg.

hey popped in to say whooo hoooo for the marathon results... & Tim's back. Hi Tim!! It's great to have you here. How is your knee?

King of PhotoShop

You can't keep a good man down. Welcome back DH. Spareribs
                        evanflein

Oh. My. God.... It's the Equine Noir come to pay us a visit. Welcome back, DH... please stick around awhile. You wouldn't believe how we tried to call you out with all sorts of off-color comments and stories there for awhile. Was so hoping you'd crash one of our parties at Boston... Good to hear you're ok, I was worried there at times. [Warning... RR in the daily... this is the race report...] I entered a 10k race at the last minute today... Had it marked on my calendar since early spring but sort of forgot about it. Decided last night to run it if it wasn't pouring rain and I felt ok. After a rest day, my foot felt pretty good today, and it wasn't raining! It was chilly though so wore my long-sleeved Seattle top and capris. Big mistake... by the time the race started it was about 62, and the sun was shining bright. This silly race is sponsored by our locally owned bagel and bread shop, and the first half is almost all up a very steep hill. Then we turn and go down a trail next to the road, and then back down around dirt roads till the last mile back on the main road. I didn't want to "race" this run because I have a 20 miler tomorrow, but I did want to see how I'd do up the hill. Well, not so good. Had to take a disappointing number of walk breaks. At the top I took off my shirt and tied it around my waist (ha, sorry SR... had to do it!). It slipped down around my hips and I spent the next half mile pulling it up and retying it till it was set. The trip down was on trails bordering on technical difficulty... mud, roots, rocks, loose gravel, ruts, oy. I loved it. Really picked up time on the way down, but it was odd... this was a small race, and I spent most of it all by myself. Couldn't see anyone front or back. More than a couple times I questioned if I was on the right route, then saw the white chalk arrows on the ground. Had enough for a nice sprint the last half mile and finished in 50:56... wanted about 50, but with the walking I did on the uphill, that's ok. Finished 3rd woman and got a $25 gift certificate for LuLu's Bread and Bagels! Free bagels and coffee at the finish, so that's not all bad for a $15 entry fee. Ran another 4.1 miles after to get my 10 for the day. Just gotta finish by saying SteveP, my heart goes out to you. You gave Ace a very good home for awhile, and so many people just would've put him down fast to get it over with. You gave him a wonderful weekend with all the treats, fun and attention a dog could want. He went happy. But I agree... sometimes there's nothing that you can do to "socialize" a dog, and you can't have a biter. I hope you find another canine companion, there are so many nice dogs at shelters waiting for homes (I say as I look at my poor old arthritic Cheyenne, whom I've loved for over 11 years....).