Masters Running

Finding old friends ... (Read 463 times)

Hey everyone, I just came across SkipAZ on facebook and he mentioned this website! I recognize several names and hopefully you remember me too from coolrunning! I used to be stationed in Germany and last ya'll heard we found out that we were expecting a baby Smile Well that baby is turning 2 next month! And now we have a new baby, baby girl born on 12 Dec!! How time flies! I'm still running and since ya'll are on this site, I'm guessing you are too Smile I look forward to catching up with old virtual running buddies and making some new virtual running buddies! I'm currently running twice a week and XTing twice a week, keeping everything nice and easy. rs (aka Amie)
    Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)

King of PhotoShop

Hello my FB friend, and welcome! Spareribs
      umwb

SmileHaving just recently found my way back myself, I would like to offer you a Giant Welcome!! Big grin Big grin
        When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !

Marathon Maniac #957

I remember you - welcome!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The Jogger

Hi Amie Remember this and congrats on babies.............. That was my only Boomer meeting but it was great....... Roy
              Hey Ribs, looking great! Is that Jim that originally invited me to coolrunning - boomers?? Hello! Hi Holly, we should meet up some time for a run, I think we may be near each other. Oh yes Roy, we remember that trip as something extra special because of the hospitality ya'll showed us! I'm actually coming to England in April for a conference. I'll be in Loughborough. rs
              Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
                It's good to hear from you, running. Congrats on the baby. Post often now that you've found us. TomS
                  Welcome back, rs!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Maniac 505

I haven't posted as much as I should here, spent most of '08 recovering from foot problems and I didn't run much. I just ran my first marathon since Dec '07, slow as molasses, but it is great to be back. and Congrats on the family, hope to see more of you here. Dave
                    Tramps

Hi, RS! Good to hear from you and glad to hear all is going well.

Be safe. Be kind.

Hi Amie! I think I just answered a friend request from you on FaceBook. Welcome back and congratulations on the two babies. Smile

Once a runner . . .

jules2

Hey Ribs, looking great! Is that Jim that originally invited me to coolrunning - boomers?? Hello! Hi Holly, we should meet up some time for a run, I think we may be near each other. Oh yes Roy, we remember that trip as something extra special because of the hospitality ya'll showed us! I'm actually coming to England in April for a conference. I'll be in Loughborough. rs
                          I live about 8 miles from Loughborough, if you want to go for a run contact me by leaving a message on the UK Runners Forum. Loughborough must have more runners than anywhere else I know because of the University

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

I definitely will Jules2!! We had so much fun meeting up with Roy last time. It's neat meeting IRL. Hopefully I'll be a little faster by the time I come but as of right now I 'm not back to my old times yet which used to be in your neighborhood. Welcome back divechief, glad to see you are back, albeit slower than you'd like. And thanks for all the congrats on the kiddos, it's amazing being a mom (or a dad) but most of you knew that already Big grin I'm hoping to keep my building phase on track and run "smart." After the first kiddo I ran for a few months but came back too fast and so deliberately took two months off of running to work strictly on my core. Of course I had a c-section last time and didn't have one this time so it's a little different, but I'm still trying to stay smart. Stay smart out there and enjoy! rs

jules2

Look at my log and find the route Charnwood Hills 2009 and find the air photo, I will take you on selected highlights of that including the park below. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradgate_Park

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Thanks for the link and the route! That's awesome. I've bookmarked it for now for the upcoming trip. Very cool.