Masters Running

40's+/50's+ On The Run - Celebrating our Nation's Independance(we 7/4) (Read 559 times)

flatland mountaineer

Grant Ne Firecracker 1m, 5k, 10k small race but set a new participant record.

Dad did the 1m and got a box of chocolates for being the oldest man @ 89. We had him set up to walk with the gal that cleans his house and it worked out well. They went to have pancakes and eggs after the race to benefit the school foundation. I think we got him up too early as he was just a bit testy by the time we got him home

Lynda was about 7 seconds faster than last yr at this race.

for me AG 50-59 first 24:12 garmin

was on pace for a pr thru mile 2 then turned into the wind for the final 1.1 and couldn't hold it.

Supposed to be hardware but never saw it.

Jonathan won 40-49 in 18 and change and 4th overall. He volunteer coaches x-country for a local hs and beat all his young charges!

WTG Ev!!

Arla have fun with the fam! Running in that kind of heat is tough.

Jewels cool you made your own race.

Woods Lady hope you had a great day for your race. Fun day in the community here, big celebration. I'll have to tell my dad that 90 is the new 70. He had a checkup and the dr asked him how old he was, dad said 89, he said how old? dad said 89, the doc looked at us to see if we would contradict him, I just nodded, yup he is.

To the rest of the gang have a super 4th of July!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Happy 4th of July 

Grant Ne Firecracker 1m, 5k, 10k small race but set a new participant record.

Dad did the 1m and got a box of chocolates for being the oldest man @ 89.

I'll have to tell my dad that 90 is the new 70. He had a checkup and the dr asked him how old he was, dad said 89, he said how old? dad said 89, the doc looked at us to see if we would contradict him, I just nodded, yup he is.

Jim - Your dad sounds fantastic.  Congrats to him on the chocolate (veeeery nice award!), and congrats to you on your first place!

Ev - Ah - panicakes.  Mmmmmmm.  Great after race food.

Had my best 10-mile trail run today, finishing in 2:09.  It was a solo run, so it gave me some time to think about my run next Saturday and ruminate on m strategy.  Now I'm relaxing until I head down town in a couple of hours to hang out until time for the fogworks (aka fireworks).  It's cold, overcast, and windy here, so I'd rather just stay curled up on the couch with a good book; however, The Hub is down there right now smoking some tri tips, and a think two or three other families are suppose to be showing up. {sigh} Maybe I could come down with a sudden 6-hour flu or something . . . . doubtful.

Later!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Woohoo!!! Nice racing for Ev, Jim & Linda.  AG awards all around Smile Smile.  Hmmmm.....24:08 and 24:12...sounds like the two of you could run pretty well together, that or the real race would be ON!!  Congrats and sounds like a great time. 

Hope everyone enjoys the 4th festivities!

Progress Trumps Pefection

flatland mountaineer

some pics

the undertaker and the doc, adding some local color, doc was one of the fastest milers in the state in '67

My dad coming in with his trekking poles,

my friend BK in blue and I after

more pics in this gallery

http://picasaweb.google.com/kevinpoppe13/FirecrackerRun2009?feat=email#5354683986821549138

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

the undertaker and the doc, adding some local color, 

Too funny!! 

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks evryone.

Here's a pic of some running buddies taken just before the race.

L-R    Doug, Kenny, Gary, me (ev)

Doug is a long time friend and runner....we ran track in HS.

Kenny is a coworker of mine.

Gary is my son's girlfriends father.  Notice the horns...

I tried to post a video clip but no worky.....I'll continue to try.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

dbl posting today...

Nice work Jim....yep we had nearly to same time.  Tell Lynda, "Good job!"  And your Dad....fantastic!

Leslie, continuing some really good runs.  WTG

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Easy 6 this morning. I told Lynda I was going for anywhere from 3-6 but if anything felt "tweaky" I would immediately quit. Fortunately the further I went the better I felt. The PF in my right foot always seems to flare at races but wore that Starssburg sock thingy to sleep in and that always helps.

Leslie you gotta feel good about your training with run like that. Sure helps the confidence factor!!

Ev I love looking at race pics, would love to see the vid if u can get it to work.

laters

r2farm, neat small town local race pictures.  I looked at all of them.   All American stuff for the 4th.  Great that your Dad was involved.