Masters Running

Weighing the Issues - To Fruitcake or Not to Fruit Cake? (Read 264 times)

Here we are again, and a mere week before Christmas.  How're the holiday treats treating you all?

Since my scale weighs by the tenths (is that what you'd call it?), I"m taking advantage of it and saying I weighed in at less than 143 this a.m. - 142.9.  That's called taking advantage of the system!

I was doing good with the whole treats thing, until a client at one of my jobs brought in this HUGE box of chocolates from the local family-owned chocolate store, Patricks Candies.  Mmmm - chocolate, carmel, and marshmallow.  MMMMM!  And then a lady who works with The Hub sent him home with homemade almond brittle. MMMMMMMMM!!  Me loves almond brittle!  Thank goodness I have a large amount of miles schedule for this weekend.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

SO far our office has been pretty tame with the goodies!!

Thanks goodieness

204 lbs

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Too much cookie-baking (and eating) for me this week - up 2 lbs!  Time to reign it in......

except I promised DH I would make English toffee this weekend....that stuff is so good it needs a 12-step program.....

better up the miles.......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

171.5 - Down a half.  You're damn right I'll take it.

Not at it at all. 

evanflein

I was down from December 1, not a whole lot but like the tater man said, I'll take it.

Then this morning I'm up 2 lb. I don't get it... I've been abstaining from almost all the treats, and there really haven't been that many, I've been working out every day (ok, maybe not as long as I should be) and still I feel bloated and stuffed in my pants. Bleh.

TammyinGP

I still haven't stepped on a scale since the beginning of November.

I feel like I've maybe put on a couple pounds through my midsection, but then I bought a new pair of pants the other day and the 6's fit me just fine, so maybe I'm okay?

I haven't really had holiday treats and baking stuff. surprisingly, no one at work has been bringing stuff in and we are doing a Christmas brunch this year, so I'm not even having to bake goodies like I normally would.

Tammy

Fruitcake and chocolate cookies in copious quantities- weight now 158lbs instaed of 156lbs, oh well.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I realize I shouldn't get a say in this, since I'm not a regular commenter, but I vote that

we put this thread on hiatus until after the 25th!

oink oink

Helen

lol Helen - i kind of agree but hoping this helps me maintain!!  think im up 1lb from comfort foods but didnt get on the scale today since i worked last night - we'll see --- glad i feel better and plan to run tomorrow!!

denise

evanflein

Yeah, I think the focus for the next few weeks is to maintain. So far, not having a whole lot of luck with this.