Masters Running

40's + on the run wk b/w Easter Sun (Read 459 times)

Mornin'! Cindy - Congratulations on the new grandbaby! How many is that for you now? FJ - What? You haven't looked at all 400+ pics I posted? Slacker! No it's not a B&B, just somebody's house in a little alcove of a town called Tilba Tilba. It was beautiful, quaint, a really, really sweet place. No workout for me this a.m. Legs were too frigging tired yesterday, and I felt like I needed to be as fresh as possible for the next two days of trail running (14 tomorrow, 8 Sunday). Also felt like the AT needed a break to get me through, as well. Iced it really good last night and will today, along with ibu. I know it's suppose to be a no-no to take ibu before long runs, but I may do it anyway tomorrow to try and keep the inflammation at a minimum. I only have 2 more long runs before my event in May, so I can't afford to miss any of them. Have fantabulous weekend, all.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Congrats to Cindy on the new grandbabe. Leslie those pics remind me of some of houses near the coast in San Diego, the colors and architecture. I did the around the pasture 5 k yesterday afternoon. Our roads were just soup after 2 inches of rain so I took to the sandhills . Trying to figure out where to do another short run today. I think Lynda is going to town as today is her long run day.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Morning.... Jim, wow....that really was a crapola day you had. Everything seemed to have gone wrong, weather included. You always manage to get a run in though so kudos to you. Super nice pics Leslie and hope you have a great run today! Joe and Ev going through some tapering madness I'm sure. Congrats to G-ma Cindy and her new grandbaby. Hello Arla and Carol and anyone I missed! Today is the Relay For Life and my friend asked me to come walk/run. Couldn't commit as I had other things going on today but told her I would show up early and help her team set up at the local H.S. track. They were pretty much done when my daughter and I got there so my daughter asked me if I wanted to go run the old XC course that she used to run. What a blast.......A true XC course. I had to be really careful with my footing as to not aggravate my knee but got through the whole course with no problems and boy was that fun! Even though it was only 3 miles it was a nice little workout for me. Over the hills and thru the woods to Grandmothers house we go.....la, la, la. Have a super Saturday.... Jewels
        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
          Ev, you're right on the "bad hair day". But why ask why??? Jim, very cool that you and Lynda are both running. I loved reading that it was her long run day. Is she training for a race? Jewels, the XC course sounds like lots of fun! Running through the woods is good. Mtnchk, congrats on the new grandbaby!!! More fun and chaos for your life no doubt. Leslie, I'm too late, but please be careful with doing the IBU before you run. I know I'm not your mother, but please take care of our friend, Leslie. Hope you had/are having a good run. Joe, so any of that taper madness starting to set in yet, or you still doing enuf miles to keep you and/or Buddy sane? Howdy to everyone else....cruising by before I pack for tomorrow's EARLY departure. Flights to Chicago are tight, and the online employee checkin system is down for maintenance tonight/tomorrow morning, so will have to get to the airport around 5:00 am. If I'm getting up that early, I should be running a race! Owner of our little CPA firm keeps asking me to do more while I'm away, so hubby's laptop will get loaded up with work before we leave Sad No runs last coupla days and missed weight lifting class for work on Thurs, so I get an "F" in the fitness category the latter half of this week. But to everything there is a season! Happy runs, rests, and other craziness to you!
          Progress Trumps Pefection
            Ev, you're right on the "bad hair day". But why ask why???
            You're right, hair of any kind, good or bad, it's just hair.....even no hair is good! Not the most important thing in life. (not even in the top 10) You are so right about a season for everything (turn turn turn). jewels....no taper madness for me. I look forward to less miles. I'm lazy like that! Nice run for you with your daughter. About the relay for life....you gotta like that whole concept. fatozzig....good pics of really neat and colorful homes. Good luck on your 14 miler today. Nice run for you around the pasture, Jim.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Lynda wanted me to go with her to run in town and I needed to pick up some tires we had repaired. We decided to park at the retirement community along the 5 k route .Lynda took off on her LR and I took off and went about 100 yards and realized hey there is the very nice rubberized high school track and that might be fun. So I did a lap in each lane switching directions halfway with a few pickups at the end then jogged back to the pickup. I got my tires picked up, and got us some lunch just as Lynda was finishing up. The 2.5 today gave me 20.3 for the week, first 20 mile week in some time. Probably do another big week (for me) then do a cutback. Carol don't work too hard on your trip, have some fun time. Cool Jewels breaking away from the same ol routes sure is fun sometimes. I had a ball in the pasture last nite. Glad you got to get a run in with your daughter. Ev enjoy your taper.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Pasture running, XC running, new babies, EARLY (5:00 a.m. - lordy, lordy) flights. Busy beavers here. Completed my 14 miles in 3:10:03. Feel really good about that pace. My ankle held out pretty good, but now that I'm done, it's fairly achy. Will keep icing throughout the day. Carol - I didn't take any ibu . . . 'cause I forgot to {whistling aimlessly}. Treated a horse on the trail to part of one of my apple bars. He was quite pleased! Smile He and his rider are former endurance riders. But he's retired now and she's looking for another horse to the racing, so they have their weekend jaunts in the forest together. I don't know if it's 'cause my gall bladder is gone or 'cause I've been taking half a phenagren before I run, or what, but my nausea has been very, very minimal these past two weeks with the long runs, which is really nice. AND! (drum roll please . . . .) . . . . . . . not . . . . one . . . . single . . . . blister today!!! Not even a small one! Woo hoo!! {dancin' a little jig} Okay - It's off for loads of transcription. Two different cases from the PD's office. Both suck, in that the crimes are horrible. Nice way to spend the weekend. Dead Later! MTA: The Hub (who's home sick with bronchitis) just brought me a smoothy!! Aaaah, nice guy!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OK.....somebody has to post today. Jim....nice 20 week...keep 'em coming. And a nice 14 miler for you Leslie. Your DH must be a great guy, bringing you smoothies and such. A nice slooow 6 miler for me today. My brain was busy the entire time thinking about evryothrday's living arrangements for next school year. Weather forecast for next Sunday marathon race. Low of 59 (right at start time 6:30 a.m.) Very low chance of precip and fairly light winds. High expected around 70 something. I should finish between 10:30 and 11:00. I'd rather see a low of about 45F but you get what you get and like it. As I did last year, I'll make public my goals for the race. 1. No injuries 2. PR.....anything below 4:19 and I'll be happy. 3. 4:15.....very happy 4. 4:10 if all conditions are perfect....ecstatic 5. I'll take anything below 4:25 I don't list "have fun" because that is not a goal.....that's just a given....that's just how I roll. Cool
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

10 miler today, 8 miles gravel (mud from the 3 in of rain) roads and 2 in town. We had fairly strong north wind which I bucked for 5 miles and with the mud I really struggled with that portion. Once I hit the outskirts of town the jacket came off and the pace quickened considerably with firm footing and windbreaks. Met Lynda at the C-store and got some more to drink then decided to take my dad out to lunch at the cafe in town. Mileage will be hit and miss from now until we get the corn in the ground. The rain sets things up nicely even though it put us a little behind. We really don't have any goal races for sure at this point other than the locals. Ev I like the way you roll. Smile Leslie nice 14er! Hi to everyone else that stops by here.

Queen of 3rd Place

Just stopping by to say hi - getting back from a week away has made for a tough week! Can't wait to get caught up with y'all and look at Leslie's pics! Running on a cruise ship was....interesting. They had a 20 min limit on the treadmills, and running outside on the deck (1/5 mi track) brought a constant alternating 60 mph headwind/tailwind that was tough to take! Later, Arla

Ex runner