Masters Running

Photos of Tom & Donna (Read 261 times)

TammyinGP

I'm posting these photos for Tom of he and his lovely Donna. I'll let him come along and narrate what he would like for each photo:

Tammy

TammyinGP

ok, it worked. Here's more:

Tammy

This is a great idea that you had, Tammy. Thanks. TomS
          What a handsome couple. I can't wait to hear Tom's narration of each. Thanks for doing this Tammy.
            Beautiful.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Beautiful. The smiles say it all.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TomD

The first photo is of Donna at our wedding. We were married on the Kaanapali Beach on the Island of Maui. We had a great condo we spared no experience at the time and it was 11 days of heaven for us. The second photo just after our wedding and what I think is the best photo that I have of Donna. We had such a problem with too much sunlight, that I wanted one in the shade. We both loved this tree. The third one is a little later after we were married. We wanted one together and this one turned out the best. It is inside the building that our condo was in. We loved it their. We felt like it was our home. The fourth picture is of us after the awards ceremony of the Maui Marathon. We met so many people and really had a great time there. With Donna it was unusual not to have a good time whenever I was with her. Somehow we just always had fun wherever we were at. The fifth picture is after the marathon and the two of us were enjoying our selves. It so very hot that day and I had to keep drinking and drinking afterwards. Here I was finally able to get myself together. We spend rest of that afternoon and evening with a friend of mine, Rick, and his wife. It was Rick's 50th state that day. The sixth picture was a mistake. It must of been during one of our many travels of the island. Donna took loads of pictures. The final photo is our final evening on Maui. We were at an Italian resturant. We strolled the half mile to and from the resturant. It was a beautiful evening on the way back. We took our time for neither of us wanted it to end. We just walked slowly with our arms around each other as our dream honeymoon came to an end. Our long term plan was to buy a home in Surprise, AZ, and a small home or condo on Maui. We wanted to live in Maui for a couple of months at a time about 4 months at a time in Surprise. We would sell our home in Kansas. WE were going to really enjoy life and ourselves. Now I will look at working a few more years and go back to Nebraska and live on my farm. There is an old cabin in the far back of my land, that I will stay at some and try to write that novel I always want to do. Maybe I will fall in Love again and plans will change some. Who knows. For now I have loads of great memories to my Little Angel in Heaven. We both expected a lot more than just 3 years together. It still seems so unreal. I here sounds and go to see if it might be Donna. I miss you very much Donna. TomD
                wildchild

Carolyn

Tom and Tammy, thanks for sharing those great photos. Tom, you and Donna looked so happy in all the pictures - what a terrific honeymoon!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

The pictures are great! Thanks

SteveP