Masters Running

40s On the Run - Beginning of a New Day, New Week, New Month (Wk ending 09/06/08) (Read 392 times)

Sounds like a great run for ya Leslie, way to go! Happy Belated B-Day as well Arla.......yep, you've rounded the bend! I'll be 48 in a couple of weeks, yikes...gettin' close to 50! Jim, glad you're taking it a bit easy and glad it is feeling a bit better. Certainly sounds like the rock climbing was the culprit! Hope your 7 miler goes well tomorrow Carol....your 10K is right around the corner. Awwww.....you were conceived in the heavens! Joe, congrats on the marathon sign-up. That's half the battle right there. For me anyway......just look at my signature....... It'll take awhile to get back into the swing of things Cindy but dang you're already getting back at it. Doug has become quite the runner! Kudos to him. Re: The school thing......taking 3 classes.....Astronomy, Speech and Legal Terminology! What a handful! Wasn't raining when I got home from work so got in a quickie 3 before I called it quits. It was overcast and breezy but still pretty darn hot. I can't run in the heat like I used to. I get a mean headache if I push it too much. 3's better than none! Have a super weekend........Jewels
    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
      Hey, thanks for sending me some cooler weather! 'Twas only 69 when I made the turn back to home this morning around 7:45. Felt awesome! 7 miles at 11:15 pace, including traffic lights and drink stops + 1 mile walk. Best part is I don't feel wasted. Ha, Joe, I don't really have anything to taper FROM. If I did, I'm afraid that couch might catch me Shocked. The Tour des Fleurs 10K will just be a "get out and experience a race and smell the roses" kind of thing for me this year. Literally on the smelling roses...it ends at the Dallas Arboretum. Hey Jewels -- way to get miles in where you can! Off to mow.
      Progress Trumps Pefection

flatland mountaineer

Back on the road, got a rain last nite so 3.1 on a soft slightly muddy gravel road. At halfway I found a roadsign post to lean up against to stretch the ol achilles. I feel pretty good right now. Neighbor stopped me on the run home and asked if I wanted to harvest his corn, yes Smile. Helps make combine payments! Lynda recruited one of our fall harvest truck drivers back last nite at the high school football game. Lynda went to town to run on the pavement then is going to stop by the health club and try a yoga class they are having. She was intrigued by comments about yoga in our group here so she is gonna see what its all about and support the gal that owns the gym below. http://imagetotalfitness.synthasite.com/index.php

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Top 'O the World!

Greeetiings! Hope Ya'll R havin' a right fine Saturday! Smile I'm more on track now than I was earlier..... Oh lordy! I did NOT wanna get outta bed this am! foggy & cool this morning...perfect burrowing deeper into the quilts & sleepin' in weather!! but alas, I'd had the "talk" w/myself yesterday about getting my lazy butt back on the wagon..6 wks to go! Shocked....missed my 18 last Saturday, so I told myself that I'd need to ramp myself up & get r done!....still! I hit the snooze once...then glared at it "balefully" for a full minute before dragging my butt to the vicinity of the coffee pot..took my coffee cup w/me to meet up w/the TNT group for the normal Sat long run....so, thinking about my 11 yesterday, my 5K (party) tonight and the 18 I'm gonna try for tomorrow....I opted for a "recovery/slow" type slog...did 6 slowish miles ...1st mile in a light jacket...46* & fog lifting..since I was going for shorter, I also opted to test drive my new Salomon trail shoes that I got from TRR..I've worn them, but not run in them...I also put the orthotics in...all real happy till mile 5ish..then I noticed a bit of a blister happening at the top end of the orthotic on my left foot (problem child) just into the arch behind the big toe & stopped & took them out...no real harm done....I do kinda get a kick outta some of the TNT coaches - who are accustomed to C25K'ers primarily - when I said I was going light because I'm on deck for 18 tomorrow...I got a ridiculous "Oh my gosh!~ Why!?" Big grin course I'm doin' all of this reeeeal slow! Wink....and so, now some of the guys are pushing a bit more mileage - btwn what the TNT schedule says & what I'm doing...half dozen of em did 16 today! Wink then I caught em at the end & showed em some new stretches &/or modifications to some they know & chatted about creek sitting (or ice bath)..... I wanna take atronomy! I'm thinking I should switch out boot camp for yoga classes for this last 6 wks...at least one of those two classes...boot camp just two days before a longer than 10 run just isn't working all that well...
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            Happy Saturday, folks. 2.5 hours in the Arcata Forest this a.m. all by myself. Karen's outta town. It was kind of nice being by myself. I was able to do things at my own pace, and practice my 20/2 without feeling like I was keeping anyone back. Also did 25 min of steady states hill climbing after the first hour, and although I felt like I wasn't doing very well, I ended up going further in the steady states than I had before. I actually had to finish out part way up Trail 12, and I usually end my last 2 min walk at the beginning of 12. Yes, indeedy, I was very happy with myself. Yes Hoping to talk to a guy next week at a local sports store who can give me a line on more trails around here. He does mountain biking. One trail is about 14 miles long, and it would be perfect for our last or second to last long trail run before Bizz Johnson. Well, I gotta get some transcription done, then housework calls. Undecided Later!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance