Masters Running

Thursday April 16 Runs and Ouches (Read 477 times)

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Fairly quiet here today...normally there'd be 4 pages by now...must be a lot of traveling going on. I had a relaxing evening three mile run near a nice waterfall. Normally I wouldn't stop, but what the heck I'm tapering :-P
    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
    also on Twitter

Marathon Maniac #3309

Twocat, I laugh at myself...feel free to join in. Carolyn, Jody said no...whats new with me...sigh legs hurts...pain meds making me sick beddie bye Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

pain meds making me sick
        Well, you can always send any unused portions my way. Wink Re Jody - I'm thinkin' you can do better than someone who won't run because it might mess up her face. Talk about high maintenance. Roll eyes And remember - beauty is only skin deep.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Late post here. Most are probably off into their slumber. I won't be too far behind even though it's only 8:40 here. My afternoon run in the sun today kicked my butt . but it's a good kind of exhaustion. Ran 14 miles, then walked 2.5 miles and that helped alot. Legs are feeling okay so far. I ended a bit slower than I would have liked, but I was pretty beat by that time. for the data lovers: 9.19 9.47 9.30 9.54 9.58 9.51 10.0 10.26 9.59 9.53 10.02 10.41 10.27 11.23 (yikes! but I had to walk. I was beat) so in total 14 miles in 2:21:18. I am good with that.

Tammy

Mariposai

Look at you sistah tammy...look at how strong you are running...way to go girlfriend!! Francesca, you are doing amazingly well yourself also...cant' wait to taste your homemade pasta...Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Nice 14 Tammy! No worries on the time and Maraposai is right-----you are running strong. Speaking of running strong......rest those wings today and just soar tomorrow during your marathon ! Get into your marathon pace bubble and just stay there, get in a groove, relax----shoulders down---breathing easily-----and float. I ran first thing and drove up to UNH---gorgeous day. I come back and see that Tim is hurt. See, when we say be careful, it's not about the running, it's about everything else! Good grief----while I didn't almost do what evryday said he did (almost)---it was close. I am so sorry and hope the aggressive treatment does the trick.