Masters Running

Dg's First Marathon -wish her luck and give advise (Read 446 times)

Rindaroo

Aw come on Debbie, be proud of yourself & the time.  You've come along ways baby! I'm proud of you!!!! Big grin

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

oh, poor debbie.  I'm sorry I missed the details but it doesn't matter.  Nothing can make up not having a good time the first time at least getting to be elated knowing that you've just run, run-walked, crawled or whatever for 26.2 miles all on your own.  It's a huge accomplishment no matter what the clock or your brain say.   You don't know it now but listen to mariposai on this one as the first time may not be a good time but that doesn't make it a bad time either.. (ask tammy, she'll tell you what it means). Smile

Most nonrunners have no conception of marathon times so maybe at least try to pretend you're happy about ssomething so any running seeds your nonrunners might have will not get prematurely dried up and never be sown.

whether it was a good time or not in your perspective.  I was over joyed that you were able to break the five hour barrier that's been eluding me for nearly two years and, as I'll probably never find it again, I guess I wanted you to be overjoyed too.. Wasn't there anything fun about it at all that you can share with us? don't let a bad time ruin a good time.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg.

I feel stupid bumping my own thread again.    but had to say thanks Tammy, that was really kind of you...   thanks Linda, & thanks Tet!        I'm so sorry if I was discouraging.  

And thanks again to everyone else.