Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 7.26.17 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Tuesday's workouts:

RunerKSA (6.1 cooler [63°] PA miles)

RCG (3.01 early morning miles at Skipwith with Carol, Jane, and Ralph in 77°Wink

Henrun (6 cool mizzle morning miles)

Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles + 16 afternoon bike miles in the heat)

BTY (1.5 clunky, rain-droppy miles)

Pfriese (88.5 tailwind Kansas bike miles)

Twocat (5X1000m intervals with good pacing)

Holly (6.1 miles, including 6X400m intervals w/ 200m recoveries)

Mariposai (9 miles in great weather, with great company)

Spacityrunner (2.2 hot lunchtime miles 'round the workplace)

Evanflein (5.2 sort'a easy miles on tired legs)

Have a great visit with Rockenmomof5, RunnerKSA.

Sorry about the loss of your friend, Joe, RCG.

Welcome back, Tammy. Sounds like a good trip but, yeah, there's no place like home - especially if DH is cooking.

Congrats on the long run, Henrun!

I hope things go well/get better at your chiro appointment, BTY. And, as Evanflein said, some runs are like that...

Amazing distance on your ride yesterday, Pfriese!

You sure have interesting things with which to fill your day, Twocat.

Long days, Holly, but it should pay off nicely with the extra time off on Friday.

Agreed, Mariposai: long meetings can be quite taxing.

Good daily double, Cat.

That's an amazing rainless streak, Tet.

Good run to work out the sore legs, Evanflein?

My 7PM meeting last night ran 3 hours - long but mostly productive. It was well past my bedtime by the time I got home and to bed, and I decided that 5.5 hours of sleep wouldn't quite do it, so I slept in a bit this morning. Tomorrow's another day.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.Rockenmomof5 and RunnerKSA   Here's a picture for those of you who remember her well.  She is struggling with at least 2 rare diseases and tires easily, but she was having a good day yesterday.  (She's on the left).

2.5 miles this morning.  Tired from traveling.  1.6 on the treadmill and the TV was on the fritz. Project for my husband.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - 3 hour meeting at 7pm - yikes!

KSA - TWO rare diseases - how awful!

5 miles for me this morning followed by about 15 minutes of weights.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Since only a few people are posting, I'll add my $.02  a little over 3 miles in IRC, followed by some biking to a friend's house.  does evening dancing at the harbor make it a triathlon?

happy trails! marj

Pam used to run ultras. She was a machine!   It's so sad and very frustrating in terms of the medical care and lack of good treatment and knowledge.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

KSA - So sorry to hear about Rockin.

Marj - Yes!

I've put myself back on the Injured Reserve list until at least Monday. Bertha the Bursa has loudly announced she doesn't particularly like any exercise that involves running up or power walking up a hill.  I did some core/ST this morning, but she's so PO'd, she's even refusing to have fun with lunges.  Such a party pooper!  I have a few names in mind for Bertha . . . . 

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

BTY

Thank you for the well wishes concerning my chiropractic visit this morning and the clunky run yesterday.  Everything went according to script - he adjusted me, and I ran better.

1/2 mile warm up walk in 7:00, a little light stretching, and then 4 miles with a nice progression (allowing for the change in wind direction at the turnaround Smile ) in 35:25; then a 7:30 1/2 mile cool down walk.   Splits were 9:00 / 8:50 / 8:52 / 8:43.  The path along the Hudson River is pretty darn flat as running routes go in Upstate NY.   This was my first chance to run anything like a progression run lately since a) I'm pretty out of condition as far as running goes and b) it's been too hot for an out of condition guy with a history of irregular heartbeat to be pushing the end of a running workout.  It was a beautiful sunny 75 degrees with low humidity and I felt good - though I'm still feeling a lot of tightness in my hips and lower back, even after the adjustment.  Fortunately I stayed a little longer after being treated this morning, and the Chiropractor gave me a sheet filled with stretches that I can incorporate into my stretching routine at the gym.

So I'm feeling pretty optimistic about being able to continue to run for a long time, as long as I'm strict with myself about following the stretching routine and not overtraining (like I usually do.....).   It was eye opening to look at my running log today and see that I've only run 150 miles so far this year - I used to run 150 miles per month when participating in the 40 over 40 page here.  And I know that many of you are still putting up impressive mileage totals after dealing with chronic issues that you've managed to put mostly in your rear view mirrors.

My wife's 10-yr-old grand nephew is visiting us this week and I think tonight is a good night for a fire in the back yard after dinner at the diner.  His one-week visit might turn into a more permanent thing as his Dad deals with some things that have been building up.  It would be tough for the little guy to start school here 150 miles from his home but it might be the best thing for him and his Dad until Dad gets his life back together.

Good running all.

catwhoorg

Labrat

8 and change after work on my hill route,

Triple digit heat index and hills.

Welcome to Atlanta

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

BTY--it's very cool that your grand nephew has that option.  Very nice of you.  I hope everything works out for his dad.

Nice picture RunnerKSA.  Very sorry to hear about Pam.

I did my first tempo run for this training cycle, today, after work.  It wasn't great but it was okay.  I know that I worked too hard, and that is exactly how I ended up injured the last time, so I am going to back off and just accept the fact that I have to run a little bit slower.  I'd rather run slow than not at all.  So--6 miles of tempo sandwiched between a 1.5 warm up and a 1.5 cool down for a total of 9 miles.

Okay--it's past my bedtime--gotta go.  See ya!

spacityrunner

Headed to the greenway for a speedy lunchtime run.  Sadly those high feels like temps kept my last mile slow so it wasn't so speedy after all.  3 miles, 36 min.  Not to bad for this old gal.  Now I am eating ice cream.  I love ice cream!

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

2.2 miles for me. followed by ice cream for dinner also. Because Liz says it's good and I want to be like Liz. 

Tammy

spacityrunner

2.2 miles for me. followed by ice cream for dinner also. Because Liz says it's good and I want to be like Liz. 

Trails Rock!