Masters Running

Thurs May 22 Daily (Read 477 times)

seemomgo

Another crazy Colorado day - tornadoes moving in from lots of directions and wild weather patterns - needless to say, no run for me this afternoon! My plan was to run at the baseball field where SeeBoyGo is practicing, but I value my life too much - it's crazy out there!! They have even moved the kids indoors! Busy day with middle school continuation - where SeeBoyGo gave the commencement speech. SeeGirlGo opted to stay in her classroom rather than watch her brother as she had "PIG OUT DAY" - I have never seen so much junk food in my life!!! The kids had more fun eating all that this afternoon and then getting to go home with full bellies and hyped up behavior! Gotta love those kids!!!! FALL 09 MARATHON:::::::Big grin Denver is sort of in the MIDDLE!!!! October time frame. It's a good challenge with the altitude and the course in nice. Just sayin......
    wildchild

Carolyn

Quick post to say hi, I've missed checking in with you guys for a few days. Had a great job interview today, with a small environmental consulting firm near Seemomgo in Englewood. It's a long drive from home (70 minutes) but they said I could work from home part of the time. The weather was crazy today - I was hoping to fit in a run when I got home from the interview, but it was hailing. I'm cooking now for a potluck at school tonight. But I did fit in 5.5 miles yesterday, 2 with the dogs then 3.5 more on my own. I NEED to get out for a long-ish run tomorrow to make up for missing today. I'll have to catch up with the dailies later, after the potluck.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I had hoped to get some work done tonight but that is now shot. Turns out a folder on a server that is supposed to contain some data I need is actually empty. Just great! Roll eyes So instead I figured I would post here! Much better. Cool I have a glass of wine, "So You Think You Can Dance" is on in an hour, and I am now pretty happy! Roy C nice 11 miler. 7am is early!? Wow you should have to live on my schedule for a week! Teresadfp actually it is really, really spooky. Smile predawnrunner adding the two runs together gets you a very well done 17 miler. perchcreek nice speedwork. I am soooo jealous! hopeful4ever why is burying the tennis ball bad? Tallrunner in case my plane flight tomorrow stops me from posting, good luck on your marathon. It sounds like you will do phenomenally well. nonoruns good to hear your mom is getting better. Here is hoping she continues to recover. Also, I would not feel to bad about missing a 5K. The one nice thing about them is that you can probably run another in a couple of weeks if you really want to. I realize that seems like little solace at the moment, but in six months you will not be be so bummed out about it. dg. Ugh TM run! SueT48 I always like getting in tempo runs. Nice 5 miler. But on a TM?! Another ugh! Holly S.getting used to that hill outside your house yet? Evil grin Jlynne I remember senior drop day. We called it something else though. Just part of high school! I actually think the administration should scold the kids but ultimately do nothing. You need to let kids just have fun thinking they got away with something sometimes. Teresadfp food fight + damage is different in my view. They should get in trouble for that. Good for the administration. BCMorant good job with the speedwork. evanflein lost your Garmin! I am really sorry to hear that. I would be crushed and have to get a new one via next day mail. I hope it turns up. seemomgo same thing here, odd weather. Well absent the tornadoes. Hope they stayed well clear of your house. wildchild so good to hear of your job interview! Good luck with landing a new, and I hope better, job! My last two days have been pretty amazing. I am not sure where to start. Oh yes, this is a running forum! Maybe I should start with running? Ok, 6 miles with a group of friends this morning. I gave some thought to doing another 4 tonight but rain and hail in CT (of all places!) pretty much convinced me that was a bad idea. Plus I have a really long run scheduled for tomorrow with my TP. 22 miles altogether if all goes well. In nonrunning news some work of mine won a very prestigious prize. I have been floating on Cloud 9 the last two days. Alas, other than my wife I cannot tell anybody I know that would understand. Fortunately, I CAN tell her so last night we broke out one of those "special" bottles of wine you keep saving for a special occasion that somehow never seems to come. I figured it was now or never. Alas, my wife is the only person I can really tell until the official announcement. So, I fear you all reading this are stuck with my attempt to unleash some of my exuberance. Sorry. The prize comes with a monetary award, but for various reasons I feel uncomfortable keeping it. Sigh. Well on the bright side I plan to donate to a charity that I gave to last year. The group is called Bottomline and they help low income students get through college. Good runs to everybody tonight and tomorrow.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

Wildchild, I hope it works out for you. Twocat, several things. "Turns out a folder on a server that is supposed to contain some data I need is actually empty." On a clear disk, you can seek forever... track, not treadmill. still avoiding my neighborhood hills most days. You might still think ugh but it's a nice track & i'm so happy to be running I don't care. beside, you're probably so happy by now that anything sounds good. Thanks for sharing your exuberance! Congratulations!! When you can tell us about it, even if we don't understand a word. Hope you continue floating through your 22 miler. Smile Erika, did you hear back about your Garmin? [{{{ Tall! }}}} fingers crossed.
            Wel...I am truly sick I have stomach pain, aches all over and a hurting head..all I can do is hope it passes and I do not get too weak before the marathon. Same thing as L unfortunately 3 days before the marathon... Cross your fingers for me Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

munchkn883

I just had a great 5 miles walk with the reporter who did my NYC trip clip. Seems we're starting to walk at least once a week. The weather was perfect!
                Awww Tall, got my fingers crossed for you. The timing is not good but maybe it could have been worse. Erika, I think I'd cry if I'd lost my Garmin. Twocat, you are on cloud 9! I wish you could tell us more. Sometimes there just aren't enough credits, awards, accolades to go around to everyone that deserves them, so it is nice to be recognized for your hard work. I'm going to hit the TM tonight, then driving up to Vancouver tomorrow morning to visit with my big sis for the weekend. I hope to run around Stanely park at least once this weekend. Smile We adopted a 4 yr old cat yesterday from the Humane Society. My daughter had her heart set on a cat named Lucy (there were 4 of them on their web site named Lucy, what is the deal with that??). But the Lucy she wanted was gone. So she then picked out a cat that has a few health issues, great! But I think we will manage. The cat is otherwise very spunky and affectionate. My earliest memory is of my older brothers teaching me how to climb out of my crib. So I remember doing that after waking up from a nap and crawling down the hallway to find my Mom. I am sure I was old enough to walk, but I used to like to crawl instead. Maybe I am making this all up in my head. See you in a few days...have a great weekend everyone!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Tall, My best wishes for you to recover quickly and with little residual weakness from it. Good luck on your race. My coach used to always tell us that women the week before a big meet will take away your legs. I always thought he meant from something else. Now I find out its from just catching their cold. Wink Wildchild, Congrats on a good interview Smile My bags are packed and I am ready to go after work tomorrow. I am excited yet nervous, confident yet unsure. Its kinda like Christmas when you where a kid. The build up is bigger than the event. Thanks for everyone's help and encouragement through the long winter of training. Without you guys it would have been a lot harder. Good luck to all the other racers this weekend and fast and safe runs to everyone. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

GreenMan

Get well Soon, Tall VERY SOON, jjj
                    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                      Another loooong day at school, as I was a last-minute sub chaperone for a trip at one of my two schools. And I have another trip - with my choir kids for an adjudication, tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it, but the work's done now; it's up to the kids to focus and DWWR (do what was rehearsed). And then it will be 19 days, 1 more performance, and about a zillion auditions for next year and counting. . . . . Didn't let work mania interfere with my running, though and I'm very proud of that, although I may regret it when I have to get up at 4:30 (in 7 or so hours!) Ran 3.1 with negative splits and ran almost the whole time. (Saying stuff like "negative splits" still makes me feel so runner-like!) Smile Roy & Teresa - very weird; I'm doing my first 9-miler on Sunday and, glacier-paced that I am, I think I'll aim for 2:03:11. Wink nono- glad you're back home; hope you enjoy one more day of sanity before the shoobies (or should I say WE shoobies) descend on you en masse. (My ETA in your county is around noon on Saturday - whoo hoo!!!) You may have never missed a sporting event before, but I'll bet you were never dealing with two fussy little ones and mom's rehab at the same time, either. Sorry you missed the 5K; hope you're able to do another soon. Two - congrats on your award and bravo for donating the cash. {{{{Tall}}}} Healing vibes. I'm working on my annual Memorial Day weekend sinus infection, which kinda messes up the start of summer for me, but I know that's nothing like being sick before a marathon. Hope you heal quickly. munchkn - Cool that you're keeping in touch with the reporter and that you found a new walking buddy. enke - My cat's name is Lucia (from Santa Lucia), but we call her Lucy. At 16, she's slowing down, but she's still so much fun. Hope your daughter gets as much enjoyment from your new furry addition as my Lucy has brought me. Smile Time for my nap before tomorrow's super-long day. Happy almost the 3-day weekend, and good runs, all. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Oops, forgot - earliest memory: watching dust float in a sunbeam while I was sitting in a Sunday school classroom at about age 3-1/2. Also remember being in my crib at the old shore house, but not sure if I was really young or if I slept in the crib for a long time because there weren't any other beds when the house was full on a mid-summer weekend. Smile Saw a rainbow as I was leaving school this evening - hope it's a good sign for tomorrow. Cool Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Carolyn....hope your new job prospect works out...your a strong woman!!! Tall....soooo sorry dude. Keep your chin up and hope for the best.....we ALL will. 52 miles cycling tonight with my triathlete buds....super hard ride considering I haven't rode in a couple of weeks....I have my running legs, they now have their cycling legs... But I did just fine. Have a grand night all. TGIF early and thank goodness for a long weekend!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

enke - My cat's name is Lucia (from Santa Lucia), but we call her Lucy. At 16, she's slowing down, but she's still so much fun. Hope your daughter gets as much enjoyment from your new furry addition as my Lucy has brought me. Smile Eliz
                            Whenever I think of Santa Lucia, I always remember Barney Fife singing Santa Lucia in that one episode of Andy Griffith... I couldn't find it on youtube but here is another guy singing it a little better than Barney. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpP7heFjr0g&feature=related I ran 4 good miles today. Hope to do the same in the morning.
                            LaVita
                            Mariposai

In nonrunning news some work of mine won a very prestigious prize. I have been floating on Cloud 9 the last two days.
                              You don't have to tell us much because we are your FRIENDS and friends are happy about EVERYthing good that is happening in the other person's life. CONGRATS on your prize. WE are proud of you and of course WE all Know you are THE BEST of your kind. Off to open my reserve also!!!! Here is to YOU my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Thanks everyone on the Garmin wishes... and the hotel never did return my multiple messages... But it's ok, cuz DH found it!!! Amazing... it was in the suitcase, which I checked twice! How could it be hiding in there?? And I wasn't even tired when I checked it before. Hmmmm, but glad to say it's safe and sound. Twocat, looks like you're filling in for Bob these days! How is he, anyway? And ^5 on the award! Share what you can when you can. Seemomgo and Wildchild... wow on your weather! Hope all the really hard stuff bypasses you with no damage. Smart to stay out of it, Cmom. Congrats on Seeboygo giving the commencement speech! Our middle school just has a picnic the last day of school... Tall, drink lots of water, rest up, get to bed early... Why does that happen so often?? Tammy and Enke both got really sick before Eugene... I know it's happened to others too. Seems so unfair! I'm hoping you'll be able to recover and still have a good race. I got in 6.3 (about) hilly miles tonight, in 52 minutes for an avg pace of 8:16 (about). Was using the old Garmin so all distances are from pre-measured mileage... Old Garmin said 8.42 miles... This was two laps of the 5k+ loop on our dirt roads in the subdivision. I wanted to stay off the paved bikepath. My foot was a little sore today, but felt great on my run. Now it's a little sore. So strange that if feels best when I'm running on it!