Masters Running

Goodbye April, 4.30.18 (Read 47 times)

Jay; out in the full moon. Given your before dawn proclivities, I suspected you are a vampire, but out on a full moon, now I'm thinking werewolf?

Hello Masters! I want to congratulate the racers yesterday, and add me to the list who want to see MikeE’s trophy.

2 1/2 miles walking in summerlike weather after work today. It was difficult to walk a straight line with winds at 31 mph/gusts 41. We have gone from a blizzard just over two weeks ago to 81° today.  I even saw mosquitoes, yes mosquitoes, last night.  I forget which day was spring but this definitely feels like summer.  It is nice to have the windows open and hear the birds singing.  MrStarr has been getting up early, like 5AM, to listen to the birds and watch the wood ducks choosing a nest, the purple martins choosing a house and the coots just being stupid.  Oh, I have to tell you guys that today is day 17 for him, not that I’m counting or anything.  I am so grateful that this issue is being resolved. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. One day at a time.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

bioguy

Hi all

Took a nice walk with my wife today. I’ll be off running for a week or so. Maybe I can get caught up on housework and school.

Anyone read a book called Running Rewired?

Tailwinds!

spacityrunner

4.5 evening miles on Hot Springs Mountain.  Hot and slow but what a great gang of trail folk I run with.

Trails Rock!

Hi Masters - no run today, but walked the 1.1 mile from the garage to the hospital this morning. Raining on the way home so we took the shuttle most of the way. Also dealing with a slight bout of vertigo again along with that nagging hip/inner groin pain that makes me think the labral tear is there again. Not happy!!

denise

dg.

hi! 

quickie post.   hoping to catch up tomorrow...

just had to say, Mike!   you durn near broke my jaw this time.   sheeesh!    like Kevin said... it's a good thing you were feeling carpy! 

: O   : )       congratulations!!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, Wow!  Great racing this weekend!  And Mike, I'd like to see the trophy also.....but since I still haven't successfully loaded a picture myself yet I understand that my vote is ... diminished!

<play first few chords of Sweet Home Alabama>  Sunday I drove back to Montgomery.  Much easier trip to make on a Sunday.  Walked some after I arrived.  So the soon-to-be new job.....    Not sure what to make of this unit.  It's like one of those creepy movies where the town seems idyllic then you find out they're all pod people or something.  I've been doing this a long time and have never experienced anything like this.  It's only been 3 days which is almost completely unfair but still....  This weekend I should see my functional boss (she wanted me to come here) and I'll let her know she was right (well duh, as a rule they don't just hand out stars...) and that it may be worse than she thought,  I hope I'm very wrong about that.  Anyway, rant over.  OTOH, DW is driving down tomorrow so at least I'll be able to see her.

Oh, it's a running forum!  Sorry.  Today I walked after work (mostly).  I walked for 2 minutes, ran very easy for 1 minute until a friend (and former commander of this unit) called, then I just walked.  Total was 5.2 miles (mostly walked).  Minimal knee pain for the runs.

Need to do some planning for when (which also has to be determined) I take the flag as the commander so apologies for the short post.

Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

hi! 

quickie post.   hoping to catch up tomorrow...

just had to say, Mike!   you durn near broke my jaw this time.   sheeesh!    like Kevin said... it's a good thing you were feeling carpy! 

: O   : )       congratulations!!

Exactly what I was thinking.

Today "Knee" and I went out for a 6 miler. The weather was lovely. The snow peak mountains were very showy and "Knee" was happy the whole way.

Blessings to all,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...wishing falconfixer good luck with the PodPeople.....

or

they could be robots......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....