Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 9.18.13 (Read 44 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Weekend before last there were 31 scheduled ferry sailings that didn't happen due to crew shortage. 

. . .

I just finished a vacation,  I'm back to working nights, 

hmmm. 1 + 1 = 2.

Quandary:  There is a 30k race this Sunday.  I am tempted to do it since it is the distance I planned to do for my long run and would be a good indicator of where I am now for a potential November marathon.  But, there is a pretty good chance it will rain Sunday and if it does I am pretty certain to bail on the race.   (Yes, I am a wimp.  Let us just get that out of the way now.)

I didn't see an  wimp in that photo mari took so, unless you intend to prove you are a wimp by bailing on the November Marathon which, if it's anything there in NE like it is here in the PWN, the weather might not be that great in November so rejoince and hope for lousy weather this weekend so you can have an even better 30K training run in the race than you would get in nice weather.  We used to love miserable, foul-weather skiing as then we were used to it when everyone else was whining on race days.  Now let's see that picture when you're soaking wet!

ps - no problems for 37 years of marathons yet but no wonder so many of the older generation inexorably drift into trail running

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

even if Wineglass doesn't work out, you have two more opportunities the next two weeks, right?  Smile

I’ll say.   Biggies too.

I bet all of 'em work out well.
      Thanks wildchild, .. . and ilene intrepid
      09/28 wildchild - Sundance Trail Run 50k, Sundance WY
      09/29 OrangeMat - Hamilton School 5k, Glen Rock, NJ
      10/06 OrangeMat - Wineglass Marathon, Corning, NY
      10/13 OrangeMat - Bank of America Chicago Marathon, Chicago, IL
      10/27 OrangeMat - Marine Corps Marathon, Arlington, VA

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I didn't see an  wimp in that photo mari took so, unless you intend to prove you are a wimp by bailing on the November Marathon which, if it's anything there in NE like it is here in the PWN, the weather might not be that great in November so rejoince and hope for lousy weather this weekend so you can have an even better 30K training run in the race than you would get in nice weather.

You tell, him, Tet!

5 miles tonight with 2 miles at tempo pace.  Heck, my tempo pace is of y'all's regular pace, but that's okay.  Hall & Oates "Maneater" came on at the perfect time.  Almost the perfect tempo for those two miles.  (now get that earworm outta yer head.)

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

You tell, him, Tet!

Sooooo like this!!!!

Ultra princess! I really enjoyed reading that Shorty wanted you race! Just fantastic! BTW, tell him we are looking forward to enjoying his BBQs next May!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard