Masters Running

Looking forward to a nice long run tomorrow (Read 129 times)

bap

Emulating similar experiments in Paris, London, and Bogotá, Colombia, New York City will close off to traffic a 6.9-mile route from the Brooklyn Bridge to East 72nd Street on three consecutive Saturdays, giving New Yorkers to a chance to explore and enjoy “car-free recreation corridors” — well, for six hours a stretch, at least. In making the announcement, the mayor summoned some star power: the cyclist and seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong and the musician David Byrne of the Talking Heads, who said he commutes by bicycle daily to his work in SoHo from his home in Midtown. The route will run from Lower Manhattan to East 72nd Street via Centre Street, Lafayette Street, Fourth Avenue and Park Avenue. Major crosstown routes — including Chambers, Canal, East Houston, 14th, 23rd and 59th Streets — will remain open to traffic. Buses that ride along the 6.9-mile route will be rerouted during the street closings — which have been scheduled for Aug. 9, 16, and 23, from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m.

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

King of PhotoShop

What a great idea. Hope you enjoy this. Please post tomorrow on how it went. We don't hear from you enough anymore. Spareribs

#artbydmcbride

Wow, that should be spectacular, it almost makes me wish I lived in New York!

Runners run

evanflein

That sounds so cool. Nice to run with not only the lack of traffic, but the lack of vehicle exhaust! Enjoy, and be sure to tell us how it goes. (I think this is a great idea that all large cities should do!)
            Very Cool! Tell us how it goes and what a wonderful idea. CNYrunner

Marathon Maniac #3309

Very very cool... Yeah, what happened to you posting here Bap's ??? Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!