Masters Running

July Masters Miles (Read 48 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

"In the first half of the race, don't be an idiot. In the second half, don't be a wimp!"  ~Scott Douglas

Time to post your July mileage total, and any PRs or AG placements, along with anything else you'd like to share about how your month went!   Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and prime numbers.  Remember, if you want a prime number award, don't show tenths of miles!  (Primes are whole numbers only!)

Coyote Trail, Golden Gate Canyon State Park:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hi wild,

I'll get us started.

102 miles for July

721 miles year to date

Thanks,

TomS

TammyinGP

just totaled up my July miles.

I ran a marathon! 26.2 miles Wink

Tammy

Thanks wildchild! Great photo too.

280 July running miles on the nose

Feeling fine!

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

73 miles for July.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

141 miles, about half as many as CNYrunner.  This often happens with me in months with marathons--too many taper and reverse-taper days.

I did get 1 AG in a 5K on the Fourth of July.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Beautiful photo! 215.9 miles for me in July. Paced a friend in a 5k on the 4th, raced a 5k myself on the 20th. Neither of us PR'd but we did have fun!

wildchild

Carolyn

I ran 6.9 miles today to end the month at 179 miles, so I can give myself a prime number award...  how lame is that?  Joking

July was memorable for running the Light at the End of the Tunnel marathon on my 56th birthday, and celebrating Mariposai's 50th birthday too!  And for meeting a bunch more virtual running friends in real life.  Thanks to all of you who were there for making it so fun and memorable!  Special thanks to Enke for inviting us to stay at her house and drive us around for three days!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

54.7 miles for the month.  Mostly due to heat and lack of ambition.  Hope that's over for a while.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM #7877

228 miles for July. Most since July 2008.

Philippians 4:13.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I ran a marathon! 26.2 miles WinkJuly 2013

tammy - welcome to the nontrainers running club for events only

However, I think you and I are the only members.

tetsujin - 64.5 miles
                        YTD - 321.2 miles

thanks wildchild

so sorry I missed you at the LATEOTT Marathon

thanks for indulging me to use the monthly as my running log.

four of 'em this month.

===================

*7/10 - 13.1 miles (Konan Weekly Marathon #128* - Hiratsuka, Japan  / Tengu geta)  - 3:28:52
                        7/13 - 26.2 miles (Takebashi Imperial Palace Marathon #210 / Tokyo / Tengu geta) - 9:32:42
                        *7/20 - 20.2 miles (Takebashi Imperial Palace Marathon #211* / Tokyo / straw waraji) -  7:14:00
                        7/27 - 5 miles (Michelob ULTRA Torchlight Parade 8K) - 57:15 (barefoot)

*DNF’s in the U.S. but everyone’s a winner over there with credit for whatever they can do for the humid and hot (90-deg+) day  in the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club’s  regularly-scheduled marathons,, even those who are reduced to walking practice, in my case, for  a finally-successful ascent of Mt. Fuji after two fizzles in 2011 and 2012 in the one-pronged wooden geta sandals developed by Tengu priests in ancient times for the 45-degree slopes.
                        1.    Yoshino Takahiro - full - 3:44:17

17   Ikeda Seitaro - full -  6:10:00
                        18   Kaneko - full -  6:12:18
                        19   Yamaguchi Megumi -  30.7k -  3:54:56
                        20   Tanaka Mariko -  30.7k -  4:25:10
                        21   Shokuda Hideo - half -  2:10:06
                        22   barefoot jon - half - 4:28:52
                        23. Takeda Kyoko -  20.5k    3:15:00 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

No prime for me in July

185.5 for July

1215.9 ytd

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

53.3 for July.

Lingering illness and then a vacation led to another low month.  I took my running gear on the trip but there never was a good time to get in a run.

coastwalker

Hi Wildchild,

Thanks again for keeping this going month after month, and for another gorgeous photo!

131.3 primeless racewalking miles in July

• 2nd place racewalker (4-miler)

• 1st place racewalker (5K)

• highest monthly total in 2+ years.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Thanks again, Carolyn.  Another beautiful picture this month.

Be safe. Be kind.