Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 04/24 (Read 664 times)

Top 'O the World!

So, I thought I would wait for the rain to abate a bit before venturiing ou....looking at the radar, I don't see that happening anytime soon! & then I see Jim's post abt running in the rain and think to myself, "wth! Its only a little water! You've run in 7* & steady snow! What? Are you turning into a wimp or what!? And besides, this is Raid's favorite weather!!" So, 39* & steady rain/snow mix for 2.5 miles...some steady, some rompy, some in ankle deep runnng water...does this qualify as "creek running?". Big grin & btw Leslie, tis typical CO Springtime weather it tis! Wink
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      Cindy - How's 'Read's leg?  You wrote that she may need an MRI?  I take it things aren't improving as they should.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

That's right Cindy, rain is a piece of cake.

Speaking of rain, it's looks like the weather for Ev's race is darn near perfect. Go gettem' Ev !!

The old saying in OK is "if you don't like the weather, stick around awhile and it'll change."  That really is true here in OK.  The wind is absolutely huge today on the plains.  But Gary England (Oklahoma's favorite meteorologist)says it will lay down for the race on Sunday.  Joe....you're right, the weather will be perfect come 6:30 a.m. Sunday morning.  And to borrow a phrase from you.....I pity the fool that gets in my way!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Queen of 3rd Place

Go Ev!!!!!

Ex runner

Hey Arla - I wanted to add that my running buddy, Karen, loves her Inov-8s.  I don't care for them, but I think it's sort of a minimal shoe, at least compared to my Mizunos.

Go, Ev, Go!  Go, Ev, Go!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ev, have a great time and a great race! Good Luck and may the wind be kind.......

Cindy, my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.....it's never easy.

Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Thanks for all the well wishes.

See you all on the othr side!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

I've tried to pull up Ev's race results from the race site, but am having no luck at all.   If anyone else can figure it out, his statistics are: Bill Kropf, Bib #976.

8.75 leisurely miles through the Arcata Forest all by my little ole lonesome self this a.m.  Funny, Wilson (my 4-legged hairy alarm) starts bugging me at 5:30 to get up.  I'm thinking, little bugger is losing his touch!  He's late.  We get up, The Hub gets in the shower, I'm out checking the weather for the weekend . . . and notice the time per the Weather Channel.  I look up at the clock on the wall and over at the clock on the microwave.  . . . . . It's 6:15 a.m., not 7:15.  Wilson was right on time.  I screwed up the clock when I was setting the alarm last night.

Our mower is on the fritz, so no mowing this weekend.  Our yard is starting to look like a poor white trash yard.  The cats are actually get lost in the tall grass in the backyard.  There's pygmies running around hucking spears at them.  We need our  mower back . . . really bad.

Well, I'll check back in here to see if anyone has found Ev's results, or if he's checked in.  Off to do transcription before we go some friends' house and roll spring and egg rolls tonight.

Later ~

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

Cat's for alarms? Pygmies? Oh my.

Ev runs tomorrow Leslie. Starts early, 6:30am CT. Try here in the am.

Three runs today. First Buddy and I headed up to the trails, but he let me know within a mile or so that he was hot. Hmm, no swimming on that route. So back to the car over to the reservoir. Nice 6er with 8 swims for him. Later headed out solo for 8. I'm scrambling to keep a 15 month streak of 200mpm or better. Stupid log numbers.

mata- Ev posted a link on page one of this thread to track him.

flatland mountaineer

short 4 in moderate rain and cold windy conditions. 2.5" of rain and our equipment is ready to rumble so headed to the mtns to play in the 1-2 feet of new snow for Sunday.

laters

jc

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III