Masters Running

Month-ending Tuesday, 1.31.17 (Read 39 times)

So...if another idiot wanted to find some of those socks...what is the name of the sock that idiot would be looking for?

No one ever said runners have a lot of common sense! They're called the FS6 compression foot sleeve, two in a package (in case you have plantar fasciitis in BOTH feet) for $39.95.

flats

turtle runner eximious

10k tonight for me.

As for my monthly total, my pace bunny reports "You are 59.1 mi behind the pace bunny:

Hate that rabbit.

Michael

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

for a friend of your's, right Mike?

See?  I'm not even smart enough to blame it on a "friend".  Thanks Jeanne--20 bucks a foot...hmm...

No run for me today.  Tuesday's are my day off.  I had a chiropractor appointment after work.  I really like this guy but, tonight, I was in a hurry because I had to get home so Debbie could get to a meeting.  Of course, this would be the day the patient in front of me was late and everybody took more time then expected.  I was lying there on my stomach getting more tense by the minute.  By the time he came to adjust me, I was so tense that nothing was popping.  It was not a fun drive home.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Only got a scan of the daily but 3 games is interesting. Is that similar to other actions on other school players? Curious. Our place is pretty strict and they usually have 1 game unless its really a bad action.

Well, since DD seems to be the only player on the team getting into trouble, I don't really have anything to compare it to....

Jlynne and Mike - a friend of mine really struggled with PF, and began wearing Vibrum 5Fs, not to run but in everyday walking-around-wear.  He swears by them as strengthening the feet, without the pain of going bare, and attributes his healing to this.

Catwhoorg - I would LOVE some +20 raise in temps.  Send it my way....

Lots of changes in the VA benefits on par for this year, which is much of what I do.  I asked my boss if I could attend a 2-day conference in May in Florida that looked very informative. He responded that we were both going. ..... not exactly what I had in mind...but oh well.  It should still be a good conference.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

My wonderful DS is 20 years old today!  Here's a fun shot from year's past...

Image may contain: 1 person

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

12.3 on the bike after work.

40.6 bike miles in Jan. 46 and change behind my pace bunny for that activity

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

evanflein

Happy birthday to your DS, Holly. That looks like quite awhile ago!

5.3 miles this afternoon in about 12° that felt pretty good. Struggled a bit in the first couple of miles dealing with an uneven plowing job, made a little more challenging by horse hoof prints! Glad it was light out, that could be an ankle turner situation in the dark. Gets me to 214.7 miles for the month, the first 200+ mile month since last June!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

with a return to rain predicted for the weekend,

even though still 43o, too sunny and nice

to miss the five mile return back.

total for the day: 10 miles for the first time

since one time in November.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Coastwalker, you're simply a top notch person.

Dave, the gentleman's running streak predates my first cape as well....I think.

Leslie, that's a interesting bit of excitement.

Flats, our dog will distract that rabbit for you....Happily.

Holly, I love the picture.

I got a call from Dad. He's going in Wednesday for an exam. If his colon can be reattached, it may happen early Thursday. There's a pretty good chance a trip to FL. is in the near future as well.

SteveP