Masters Running

Boston in SloMo (Read 547 times)

evanflein

Steve it was so good to see you again. And to hell with those stoopid mice. Whadda they know, right? You ran a smart race and had a good time. What's wrong with that? You've got plenty of time ahead for some faster marathons and I've got no doubt you'll be back about as good as ever, or better, real soon!

Glad you made it to the finish, Steve.  We're all of us just plain lucky to be able to run, at any speed. 

Good for you!

What's on your horizon?

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
      Tramps

Steve, great to see you again.  Your upbeat attitude is infectious and, I'm sure, key to your being able to come back from injury so well.  I was so glad to see that you enjoyed Boston so much.  Nice job.

P.S. Breeger, was he the tall guy? 

P.P.S. As DW and I were arriving home, going down our driveway last night at 11 p.m., I had to say, "You know, it is kind of desolate here." 

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

I've been holding my breath on this one, and wasn't sure what to expect with the title!  I am so darn glad your bod did you right on race day!  Sounds like you managed the course and yourself beautifully! 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Nice of you not to trip Mickey and Minnie...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

Perch, I was worried about you running this marathon so early after your surgery.  I am glad that you enjoyed the slow motion of Boston and ran a great race wearing a Marathon Maniac singlet. You executed this race, just as a maniac would. Congrats.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Steve - you're a poster child for the power of positive thinking. I'm so glad that you made it to Boston,  finished comfortably, and kept that radiant smile all weekend.

Thanks for filling in for Lou as my pre-race buddy Monday morning!  It really helped me deal with nerves.

(And we Marathon Maniacs wear our limps with pride!)

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Congrats on running it without aggravating injury.  You would definitely have regretted that for a long time.

Btw, racing against minnie/mickey can be very motivating (sometimes too much).  I'm glad you didn't fall for it.

-2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                also on Twitter

Perch congrats! 

You accomplished the 3 most important things 1. you got to the starting line 2. you got to the finish line 3. you're healthy to do it all again and let me add a 4th IT WAS BOSTON!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

perch, you did great  under any circumstances, let alone coming back from knee surgery and dealing with piriformis/sciatica problems.  Congratulations

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

At 1 mile I was passed by Mickey and Minnie Mouse and (I was wearing my Maniac singlet) they pointed at me and said "look, another Limping Maniac". That was really motivating.  

Steve - It's amazing that you were able to run this at all, given your injuries and surgery.  Even in slo-mo, you're pretty darn fast compared to some of us.  And it was wonderful to see you again!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."