Masters Running

Monday, January 26, 2009 runs and fun (Read 585 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Arghh, Twocat, that's so frustrating! In November, British Air managed to lose my luggage going TO London, and coming back FROM London! On the way over, it took "only" a couple of hours to find, but I think that was because another couple and I wouldn't leave them alone about it. On the way back, it was more than two days, and the only reason I got it back was because SIL and I went down to Logan and bugged them after getting conflicting stories over the phone. What the heck?? At least I hadn't had to pay extra for luggage, since it was an international flight. 6 miles at the Y for me this morning - 5 on the TM and 1 on the indoor track. I kind of like that little track - it feels like I'm running fast! I passed another woman runner! Big grin My running partner's hip is doing better after a LOT of PT, so she ran several 3-minute intervals on the TM. I'm so glad she's getting back into running! Oh, it was -17 this morning at our house. What a cold winter!
      Holly - Big grin I used to run LR on Saturdays, the only reason being by Saturday I really need that time away from the little monsters youngsters. Then I noticed every plan had the LR on Sunday, so I decided to conform to the norm. 4 TM miles, one of them at 8:57 pace just for fun. It wasn't particularily easy. I've got to get my miles back up there. At least my HR was reasonable today, 135 to 140 after the warmup (and not 150!) I was greatly impressed with rbmoose (did I get that name right?) approach to training. Only one tempo mid-week and some MP miles in his long run. Always doing fast finish LR. And look how fast he is. I won't be doing intervals anymore....just tempos.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Renee the dog

Today is foam roller day and a 25-30 min yoga session. Hasn't happened yet, as the two kiddos are still asleep! They like to participate (in both -- though the really just ride the foam roller like a horse... Clowning around )

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I'm on travel today, but managed a 5 miler... my left achillies tendon is crying...I'm going to have to rest it for a day or two...maybe more...
          wildchild

Carolyn

Twocat, I agree that if you had to pay for your luggage, you should at least get a refund if they lose it! But I don't suppose the airlines see it that way. I agree that Jackson Hole is a beautiful place! Our Colorado mountains aren't half bad, either. You won't have to avert your eyes when I mention our temperature today: 9° and falling. I'm working at home today, so I waited till mid day and took Tazzie and Ladybug for 4 cold snowy miles. It's so cold the snow is crunchy! We got about 2 more inches of snow last night so it's really sparkly and pretty. Spareribs, is there a fine for carrying a wind shirt in your hand? I took it off at about 1.5 miles and left it on a tree, and on the way home I grabbed it and carried it, but didn't tie it around my waist. Does that carry a fine?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

Twocat, I agree that if you had to pay for your luggage, you should at least get a refund if they lose it! But I don't suppose the airlines see it that way. I agree that Jackson Hole is a beautiful place! Our Colorado mountains aren't half bad, either. You won't have to avert your eyes when I mention our temperature today: 9° and falling. I'm working at home today, so I waited till mid day and took Tazzie and Ladybug for 4 cold snowy miles. It's so cold the snow is crunchy! We got about 2 more inches of snow last night so it's really sparkly and pretty. Spareribs, is there a fine for carrying a wind shirt in your hand? I took it off at about 1.5 miles and left it on a tree, and on the way home I grabbed it and carried it, but didn't tie it around my waist. Does that carry a fine?
              You just barely avoided big money. Whew! Tomwhite's birthday today. Spareribs
              xor

Happy birthday//////// tomwhite!///

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A very happy ARRRRRRGH and a hearty Yo-Ho-Ho to the pirate Tom White. Hope he lurks around here from time to time. May have to hunt him on KR. ETA: wow--18 miles of serious uphill Shocked

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

biketm and EGH, I'm with Higdon. Saturday pace and Sunday long runs. So yesterday I did my long run in the garage instead of the 2 degree weather outside. No big deal I thought. After 18 miles of grinding effort I was completely wiped out. I had tried to do the last couple of miles at marathon pace but could only manage 7:30s. Well it turns out my wife had set it to and incline of 3, but because of a power outage or something it read 0. I cranked it up to 1.0 as I normally do and ran (or rather plodded). After I came home today she said "I think I know why you're so tired..." I feel silly that I didn't notice the hill I was climbing, but also happy that I'm not as out of shape as I was feeling. It is the first time it has happened, but it is funny when it does. :-P
                    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                    also on Twitter
                      Monday - 3.01 recovery miles - 26:19 - (8:45) and an hour of Yoga Happy Birthday to Tom White!

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'm on travel today, but managed a 5 miler... my left Achilles tendon is crying...I'm going to have to rest it for a day or two...maybe more...
                        Hey, speaking of AT which I sadly know soooo much about...be careful there!!! I tryed to run through mine, and it landed me with about 3 months on the DL...and still hope it is ok as I am back only running short right now. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!