Masters Running

Wed Sep 30 Runs and Workouts (Read 516 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Doug, I totally agree with Twocat that raising kids and dogs are NOT similar!  Dogs primarily aim to please their owners.

Twocat, if Nono condensed two marathons into one long one, she still couldn't complete the 50 states any quicker.  

Andrew/blazincajun - welcome!  Post often.  Cool that your daughter likes to run with you.

<whine>I had a carpy run at lunch. I'm getting a cold, and my ears didn't pop this morning when I drove down in altitude to get to work, so everything sounds muffled and my head feels pressurized.  I managed 3.6 miles, just enough to make 140 for the month, through sheer stubbornness.  Oh, and the wind is gusting to 40 mph so I walked up the hills when I had a headwind.  Glad that's over. </whine>

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

4 easy recovery run

I sorely miss SRLopez's posting here. I miss his sense of humor and great actitude towards running.

enkie, most of my easy runs are done at that pace...still today!Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

3 little miles this morning in coolish temps.

Right now, weather is looking close to perfect for Sunday in Corning, NY.  45 at start, 58 at end. Partly cloudy, light winds at our back. Holding my breath that the forecast doesn't change...

Carolyn - I think it's OK if you whine a bit.  Hope you're feeling better.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Beautiful sunshine here, just had to take advantage of the day, 10 slow miles in the morning.

No worries, we'll get the rain back tomorrow..

Francesca

Holding my breath with you PDR!

Just back from a run and it must have been the run with dg  earlier today (crack me up) and lunch with lamerunner in Manchester (live and in person) that inspired some mojo. 8.6 miles with 2 @7:00 pace---overall was about 8:06 pace. Happy to be home after three travel days, but delighted that I got to meet lamerunner. She is awesome.

Hey there enke!

Hang in there wildchild.

evanflein

Loved Deb's description of running with Karin! How funny. And Karin, how cool that you got to meet Lamerunner! I always thought that an interesting username...especially if your're hurt! (it's Janet, right?)

I had a really nice trail run today! Last time I ran this trail was oh, let's see... a week and a half ago as the extension for the Equinox Ultra! I tell ya, it sure felt easier today, even with more leaves over the roots and snow on the trail! Beautiful trail though, just enough roots and things to make you pay attention but not too challenging. Ran the 5.5 miles (started at my office bldg) in 47 minutes. 37°F, cloudy so no direct sun, some ice, quite a bit of snow. Wore my capris, long sleeved tech shirt, lightweight fleece gloves and was more or less comfortable the whole way. Any colder (or breezier) than this and I'm going to need something on my ears...

A long day is almost over.  Thank gawd!  These past 3 weeks have reminded me, yet again, why I don't ever, ever, EVER want to be a litigation legal secretary.  Double 

Cajun - I don't know if this is your first time 'round here, but if it is welcome.  If it isn't, welcome back!

3 miles this a.m. sans Garmin (a collective gasp is heard from the gallery).  I couldn't find it, not that I looked real hard.  But I figure it took me a little less than 30 min.  Legs felt surprisingly good, although I can feel my hips are tightening up a bit.

It was quite crisp this a.m.  Had to wear my thin tights for the first time in months, and it was still chilly.  Boo hoo!  Soon I know I'll be wearing my winter tights and it'll be rainy and cold.  {sigh}

Have a great Wednesday.  We're on the downhill slide to the weekend.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

fatozzig --  the words "No Garmin?!" are heard -- then a crashing noise -- Twocat faints dead away.

BTW my SIL's dog Baxter will be on the TV show Mercy.  Stay tuned!  They are shooting his first episode next week!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

spacityrunner

End of September 4 miles to and from my plant watering gig...it was cool out and felt good.  I have some cranky parts, but nothing too bad.  i was looking at my Sept. total...I did 90 miles this month...more than I have done in quite some time.  I am glad to be standing, no less still running.

PDR, I do hope the weather is great this weekend for you guys....

Twocat:  great performance by your SIL and the dogs...hope the dog gig is on a show I watch..I can tell my firends i know a person who knows that dog

Enjoy the gift

Good runs and good night everyone

Trails Rock!

BlazinCajun

Cajun - I don't know if this is your first time 'round here, but if it is welcome.  If it isn't, welcome back!

I was active around here in 2005-2006 when the Boomers and Beyond was with Cool Running (andrewwj) until an injury. Bothered me too much to post when I couldn't run - started running again in February with 1.5 milers 2-3 times a week. Been running with my 11 YO daughter at her pace and rate of improvement. In other words, sloooowly. All the races that I've run have been with her as her water mule and has been a blast. Lately, I've been sneaking in some extra runs. Built a figure eight 200m track in my backyard which really helps both of us. I guess the only person no longer posting here is Fred Ury and he is on Active.com. Thanks for the welcome back.

Andrew a.k.a., blazincajun

Andrew
                      ------------------
                      God, my Lord, is my strength;
                      he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                      and enables me to go upon the heights.
                      Hb 3:19

lamerunner

Greetings. Had a great lunch with Karin/CNY in our Queen CIty of Manchester.  It was great to meet her, wonderful lady and fast!

1 hour spin class at the end of the day, probably back in  the pool tomorrow.

Erika, I am Jennifer.  My handle comes mostly a more chronic condition, but I seem to keep getting injured so I guess it fits.

Happy running!  

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

readin' through all the posting really makes me feel like a runner too, . . .

as I hope to be this Sunday in Portland.

With so much running today even though 8 boomers are in weekend marathons, three halfs, 12K , 10K (2), 5K (2), doesn't anyone else taper anymore?

Eriqa - it better be okay to wear a shirt from race you did the year before as I wore the golden birch-leafed yellow Equinox long-sleeve from last year with stylish black mesh side panels all day long on this year's Saturday even though it been 15 years since I was there for real.  Tammy too you know.

In fact, I love the Equinox so much too it was the attire of choice in February when I ran 5 K around the Imperial Palace and 5K around Green Lake from 9:00am - 9:30am on the same day, to say nothing of wearing a friend's NYC Marathon that I'd love to do even though I'll never do it on my own.  I also wear event shirts in their events as much as possible so the event photos will feature that year's event shirt. 

I do have some scruples though as I'd eschew Boston apparel or Badwater, or Western States or something I know I'll never do.  Just don't let me think I can someday though. Smile.

just 5 or so miles onthe bike path in my bright red Bellingham Bay Marathon shirt that Tet gave me. Normally I won't wear a race shirt if I didn't run the race, but hey, I did it the year before and I traded him an Equinox shirt for it.

Happy AL to chosho-san.

Gold LeafOrange LeafBrown Leaf

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Twocat - Didn't realize I would need to perform CPR by posting the truth.  I'll be sure to more carefully watch my words next time. (I actually reached to turn it off at the end of the 3 miles. )

Andrew - I think it's great that you run with your daughter.  What a wonderful way to spend time together.  Welcome back.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance