Masters Running

Tues May 6 Daily Runs (Read 444 times)

btb1490

Good Tuesday evening all! Ribs- very cool about Mr. Yasso. Famous people are just people too, like you and I, only they are famous... dromedary- Hi!!! I hope the swamp is a good swamp at least, and free of skunks. Glad to hear you are still at it! Smile Bruce- That really wasn't much of a fade, although it is best to be able to hold pace for the entire workout. Maybe that first interval was a bit ambitious? Try letting the first one be your slowest next time. Mariposai- sounds like you need a good foot rub! If you're gonna do more of these trail races, maybe some trail shoes are in order, to protect the soles of your feet? SueT- wow, yoga outside! That must've been like those yoga shows you see on TV! Interesting comments from your sports doc about running the track. Tammy- lammy goes everywhere! Smile SOunds like you could use a lammy too. Sad breger- welcome back to reality! Get going on that report please. Rochrunner- was ice cream involved with the pie? I agree with your quoting fine. evanflein- Amy gets me through a lot of things too. Thanks for thinking of her. I know what you mean about the birds in the morning. I guess that's why they're called early birds? Which is what it sounds like you will be this week! Aamos- loved Little Shop of Horrors! Say AHHH! Say AHHHHHHHH! SAY AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Now SPIT! Ack, too bad about your change of Missoula plans. Sad Liz- I am always so excited to see you posting! Smile THanks for sharing ALL the great news you have! Fingers crossed that thing continue in the right direction! anachrotech- Thanks for the well wishes! Smile Don't think of running as a punishment. I'll bet there was a lot of good stuff going on when you ran. I'm not much of an evening runner either, but if it comes down to running in the evening or not running at all, running always wins. charleygross- sounds like VCM is the place to be! You lucky dog! JJJ- Pretty brisk walk there my friend! halllar- You'd better taper! I know it's not easy not getting the running fix you've been used to, but store up all that excess energy and put it to use on race day! wildchild- Finally, some pictures! Smile What an experience that must've been! Happy bittersweet last day of work tomorrow, I hope things work out with the health insurance stuff. nono- Renee is getting greedy! Hope you had a good run! vista- Thank you for the well wishes! biketm- there you are. BONK. Feel better! BONK again. Took another mile walk with Jake tonight along the beach. Tonights sunset brought to you by BTB... Nite all...
      Amazing workout tonight. Fairly effortless. They were not Yasso's but 5k warm up the 5X1K with 1 one minute rest and in between 5x400 meters. then 5X the big hill with 3k cool down. K's were done in 3:35's and 400's in the 1:15 range. I was surprised with how good I felt even after Sunday's 38.25K run. Need to stay healthy... Coach was a little concerned with my run on Sunday saying he hoped I did not leave my marathon run on the training course. It felt so effortless I don't think so but I worry. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

This is way late for me to post an early morning run, but it's been a busy day at work. 8 miles at 9:56 pace at dawn. Good to get back to some distance. Still struggling a bit with scratchy throat and cough - mostly just annoying at night when I really ought to be sleeping. I'm glad btb is on the mend, and I love that Amy's mom is running. It's a great stress reducer - and she sure needs it. Liz - congratulations on finishing your MSW! And your foot feels better too! It's a good week in DC.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Vista, it may or may not be worth it, but over on Kick, John took most of the pics and as he responded to everyone's race reports, he replied with the photos that he took of that person - some from the dinner, some from along the course. There are some great pics, so if you are inclined, please pop over there and scroll through all our race reports for pictures. And in my RR over there, I even found video footage of me and Souci that I posted a link to.
          Ahhhh.....ok.....well then I am toast. I can't get onto Kick as they messed up my computer somehow. I will imagine what the pictures are like. I am sure they would have been good. Thanks.
          Vista

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Vista - it's even worse to not be there when you've been there but Brother John took pity on our pain and helped make all our Eugene dreams come true. Thank you john! and thanks to all. (ps - don't tell him we miss him but maybe these'll get a rise out of Dark Horse too) "see,-I'm-not-bonking-at-all" econo goddess @ mile 24 my hayward field goddess rindaroo at mile 3 in her 5K Boston Q Sal and Faerie Souci at mile 25 looking like mile 5 super PR soundalina and paceful soucalina savoring Goddess Tammy and 5K queens Hally and Rindi opie celebrating his PR with the bonkette queens, Boston Sal and Rindi. ========================================================= - your friend, , ; ps - there's a spot in the hot tub waiting for you any time you can get out here too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tet..........ahhhhh......thank you. These are wonderful. I greatly appreciate the work of posting these great pictures for us. Hopefully more of the East Coast gang can get out there to enjoy the great experience of running with all of you. Thanks again. Joey
              Vista
              evanflein

Hmmm, Tet... Bonkette Queens... I don't know if I'd have gone that far... Roll eyes

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Huh, did my suddenly-somehow-got-old-without-me-knowing-it brain say that when my heart's still swooning over the bodacious beaudette duo (maybe even trio). ps - don't tell franci (but tell your DH for sure) that I have the perfect coasters for the upcoming 12 hour Redmond Watershed Endurance Challenge on 5/17. Smile
                  I was trying to figure out what to ask Rod to bring for a toast at our 7pm finish, maybe some Italian Prosecco..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Thanks for posting those Tet. sorry Vista - I didn't realize you couldn't get into Kick, or I would have posted them for you to see.

Tammy