Masters Running

Ever used an on line coach? (Read 42 times)

EDarcyRuns

Ever used an on line coach? I'm wondering if I could improve with some help.

Marathon Maniac #957

I have not used a coach before, but others here may have.  Can you tell us a little about your running, and what you have tried so far?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

EDarcyRuns

I'm a 55 female who's been running regularly 11 years. Three marathons (best 5:02), 35 halfs (best 2:13), and shorter races. Not a coaches' dream come true, but I'm willing to work hard. Want to see what I can do. Any ideas welcome.

King of PhotoShop

Greg McMillan would work well for you.  TinMan might be a fit if you are super-competitive.  Spareribs

EDarcyRuns

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into these.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I use an online coach, though I know her in person. I'm in NJ and she's in CO and we manage just fine. This is her website: The Long Run Coaching. She's a Lydiard-based coach, USATF level 1 & 2 certified, going for level 3 next month. She has athletes of all abilities and experience levels, so you'd fit in fine (if that's a concern of yours, which it shouldn't be). PM me if you want more details.

EDarcyRuns

I signed up for the McMillan 16 week half marathon training with the Pro option. I'm excited to give this a try. Thanks, spareribs.

EDarcyRuns

Hi, Orangemat,

I want to look into the coach you have used. too. I plan to run more races this year, so I'll give this a try also. Thanks. I might email you.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I used an on-line coach in training for my first ultra this year. Besides emails and an on-line training schedule which he updated frequently based on what I reported about my workouts, we also had biweekly phone calls. I was pleased with the way the coaching went and ecstatic about my final race results. I believe he also coaches marathoners and below. His website. I don't know how his rates compare to others, but I thought it was worth every penny.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.