Masters Running

for Steve's dad (Read 263 times)

dg.

Steve, I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I thought some of us might want to post some thoughts for you to share with your dad.  I do know that people often understand what's being said to them long after they're unable to communicate to others.   And if he is still wanting to go into the kitchen, it sounds like he definitely is still aware....        thoughts, hugs, prayers, for you and to all of your family.  thank you for sharing this with us.  

so....

Dear Steve's dad....  I don't know you, but know Steve through his running website.    We have gotten to know a bit about your family, first through getting to know Steve, and then from his describing some of the events of the past couple of years.     You must have done a wonderful job, your family is special....obviously very loving, has lots of fun together, has a wonderful sense of humor & great imagination!   

I'm so sorry to hear  what you are going through.   From what Steve says you've met the challenge with courage, determination, and dignity.     In this, like everything else, you've given your family a wonderful gift.

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with all of you right now.  

King of PhotoShop

That was kind of you dg.

Steve, I hope all goes well for you, your family and of course your dad.  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

I have been so impressed with how wonderfully close-knit Steve's family is.  This can only come from a wonderful upbringing, from very special parents.  I know this is a tough time for Steve's dad and for the whole family, but I have no doubt they will pull together and lean on each other and come through this even closer than before.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Dear Steve's Dad,

Thanks for being such a good father and raising such a fine son. You will be missed, but you will live on in your children, and their children. A strong family does not happen by accident, and good character is forever. Your love for your family gives them strength. Peace be with you.