Masters Running

Friday December 4 Runs and Other Misbehavior (Read 398 times)

Good afternoon all and the sun will be over the yard arm soon!

Ran 3.5 miles at 6 am this morning and hopped in the car for a work day with a nearby client. Love that!

Rochrunner---Hilary Price (Rhymes with Orange cartoonist) does indeed run. She lived on the West Coast for a bit after college and then set up shop back in MA (her home state)and her cartoon strip has taken off. She had a studio here in Northampton for awhile too.

She designs the mug they give to all the runners in the race I'll run tomorrow in fact!

http://www.hotchocolaterun.com/

Her art work is right there on the race website. 

Hi Teresa! I've missed your posts and hope your running gets back on line. I thought of you last weekend since the Nedeau brothers ran the same 6 mile race I ran last Saturday. Erik was 5th or something and was putting down 4:45 miles too.

Lots of great activities rolling out for the weekend here. 

We have hockey, hockey, hockey and more hockey and some holiday errands and such on tap as well.

Off to get to the first of two of the kiddo's games tonight

Good luck to all the racers this weekend including the F-M girls cross country team going for their 4th national title at the Nike Cross Nationals (from my hometown Central NY) and my friend Claire (from your area Sue) who's gunning for a sub 3:00 at CIM

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Karin - I knew the Amherst coach ran, but I didn't know his brother did!  He e-mailed DS and said that it was brutal because it was so windy.  I like him a lot - I hope the school can give us some aid.  DS has to take the SAT II exams in math and biology tomorow - such fun!  He had a very disappointing Foot Locker race - did the first mile in 5:00 and then died at the end of the second mile.  Barely finished!  Another learning experience.

wildchild

Carolyn

Teresa, nice non-stop 5 miler. Glad you found can keep running if you slow down. I hope your speed returns someday, though!   And good luck to your DS with those SAT subject tests. DD took hers last spring so now she's just waiting not-so-patiently to hear if she gets into Stanford - they will email a decision on Dec.15th.

Sue, why doesn't taking Jesse out for a run count as  exercise?  Seeing White Christmas on Broadway sounds like fun.

Karin, good luck at the Hot Chocolate run tomorrow - sounds nice!

I finally got out for a RAL - first one since Monday because I've been a weather wimp.  Today it was finally above freezing (33°) and I ran 6.6 snowy trail miles in yaktrax, avg pace 10:45.   Sooo nice to get out again!  It's supposed to be in the 30's again tomorrow but then back in the deep freeze for another week.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

hey folks -- lots going on -- somehow holly's easy days and bill's weekends plans make me feel like a wimp!!  lol

yesterday was a bizarre weather day -- needed to get a run in early so went to the gym at 7am driving thru torrential downpour, high winds, weather advisory -- did 5 miles on the treadmill, stretched  and by the time i was leaving the rain had slowed, but the winds were still high -- half hour later sun was shining bright - go figure!!  i was still glad i stuck with my plan and ran early tho -- need to make some changes with my workouts and this was part of the plan!

today - outside easy 4.3 miles at  4:30ish -- gives me new respect for all of you who run early in the dark - it's creepy -- guess i need to get some light on me - my  bright neon yellow Boston volunteer jacket must not have reflective strips on it like i thought as one car nearly ran me into the bushes!!  

now off to a CHOCOLATE party.......then to another friends for a little get together

sat - school craft fair in the morning, church craft fair in the afternoon

sunday -- mill city invitational relay race -- weather looks stormy again -  grrrrr 

have a wonderful weekend friends!!

denise

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Carolyn, good luck to your daughter!!!  It sure seems as if she should get in.  She'll be lucky to know so soon.  We have a long wait ahead of us.  DS hasn't studied as much as he should have for these tests, so I'm kind of nervous about them.  Oh, well, he'll get in somewhere!

dg, thanks for thinking of me!  Your message to me really did help.  I though of you at about mile 4.6 today, and kept going!

SteveP

It sure would be nice to take a field trip and listen to Bill's chior.

Good to see you Teresa

After work and a few errands, I cleared off the drive way.WHile taking my boots off, the dog went over to a chair and brought back his leash. So he took me for a walk. Maybe a mile, it was dark and scarey.

SteveP

SteveP

dg, thanks for thinking of me!  Your message to me really did help.  I though of you at about mile 4.6 today, and kept going!

If anyone has the chance to meet DG face 2 face.....Do it....

SteveP