Masters Running

December 2017 Master's Miles and 2017 Year-End Summary (Read 41 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So is this the end of your first year?  Whatever it is, Thanks for a great job.

So, for the less great job on my part, 39.2 miles for the month and 607 for the year. (.1 round up) So prime, but well out of sight of the pace bunny.  Hoping for a better year.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

171.3 for December, wrapping up 2,160.1 for the year. Considering I figure I lost about 250 miles in Feb/March dealing with PF, I think I could've made my original goal of 2,400 if that hadn't happened. Lowered the goal to 2,000 and that apparently was conservative. On to 2018!

Misplaced runner...

Cut way back on racing, and mainly enjoyed doing fun runs with friends.  Two memorable ones were running the Four Pass Loop near Aspen (29 miles) and pacing a friend the last 30 miles of a 100 mile race in September!

Some of my favorite runs in Washington were unsupported trail runs with friends up in the Cascades.  Many 30 mile or so outings and one 45 mile outing in a day, just on our own.  Great stuff!

Current focus: Texas Med Run 10k (2/3/18) and Bayou City Classic 10k (3/17/18).

There is a chile drop here at midnight but we didn't go this year.  We went to bed about 11:30 and got up early for a group hike yesterday that was great!

I finished off the year happy to avoid injury the whole year.  That might be a first or at least very rare.  For December I ran 151.8 miles for a annual total of 1626 which is about where I wanted to be!  Had a lot of fun and some great races, both individually and on 2 long-distance relay teams in Oregon and Colorado.  I swam the most ever by far with 10 miles for the year.  Like a lot of us, that would be my weakness if I ever wanted to do a tri.  Cycling was virtually non-existent so I hope to change that this year.  As usual, my cycling only seems to increase when I'm injured.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

1466, but probably an additional 40-50 of undocumented miles because I forgot my watch (so they don't count).

I think 2000 for 2018 is a conservative goal.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Tramps

Nice running, people!

(Hemosaboy--that's an awesome year.)

December: 61.6

2017: 1215 (including run/walk and some hiking miles)

Decent start, crashing finish.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

December:  103 miles (best month of the year)

2017:  771 (thinking about a goal of 1000 next year)

rmcj001

Thanks Milktruck! Happy New Year to everyone!

112.8 (113) miles for December, 2027.3 for 2017. Took a tumble in final race of year, a trail half, but still got 2nd AG and a week off to recover from the fall. Highlights for year, completing Boston to Big Sur challenge and 2 new half marathon PRs (fastest and slowest )

Ray

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks milktruck!

I had a pretty good year.  I ran two marathons...which were the only two races I did all year.  I ran the first one injured, had a terrible time, but managed 3rd in my age group.  The second one I was able to stay healthy and took 1st in my age group.  Of course, my favorite part of that race was getting to spend time with Tramps and Tribee...they really rolled out the red carpet for me.

Dec: 203 miles

2017: 2123 miles

C-R

Danke Milktruck.

188.7 for Dec

and

1769.5 for 2017

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

30 for December.  2017 was one of my worst Years with a lot of injuries.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

an amazing likeness

The bottom photo looks like it is from the Millinocket Half - yes?

Yes, indeed. On the Golden Road, I believe.

To all who haven't yet entered, let's have your entry -- if your annual miles is both a prime & you hit the median, you'll feel like this!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tetsujin
                            December 2017 - 26.2 miles
                            YTD - 65.5 miles

No running at all this year as stomach issues got worked out but I’ll count walking the one half marathon and two mary’s I did, anyway, as I did all three without stopping so that should count for something.  

Either way, it’s more miles than many years back in the skiing days in the seventies and eighties when the only running I did all year was an annual marathon for the sole purpose of seeing is winter skiing was good enough to run 26.2 miles without stopping.  Hard to believe it not only was but all were around four hours too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

an amazing likeness

We've already finished a month in 2018, so time to close the entries from December 2017...

+ analogkid nails the Magnificent Median at 150 miles

+ 7  Monthly Prime runners (high water mark in 2017)

+ tetsugin209 reports in for 2nd month in a row

+ monthly average faded to 122 from 135 in November due to injuries throughout the field

Runner Dec dist Prime! Notable Notes
                              Alexander R 309 . Over 3K yearly miles
                              SubDood 242 . Out ran the 2K pace bunny
                              Mike E 203 . "Had a pretty good year", yep
                              HermosaBoy 195 . Annual miles PR, PR marathon, PR mile, 2AG USATFMN Runner of the Year
                              C-R 189 . Bitte
                              Holly S. 187 . Out ran the 2K pace bunny
                              wildchild 187 . 1579mi for the annual prime
                              evanflein 171 . Out ran the 2K pace bunny
                              RunnerKSA 167 ! Out ran the 2K pace bunny
                              pfriese 156 . BQ @ OKC Memorial, lots of bike miles
                              Jlynne 153 . .
                              Opie 152 . Injury free year
                              Quickadder 151 ! HM PR
                              analogkid 150 . .
                              coastwalker 131 ! Closes out the year with major annual miles PR
                              milktruck 124 . Following Dr orders to cut miles by 1/2 or more
                              rmcj001 113 ! 2AG HM w/fall + Boston-BigSur + 2 HM PR
                              Dave59 103 ! Monthly PR for 2017
                              deez4boyz 71 !  
                              Tramps 62 . 1215 annual from decent start, then train wreck
                              stumpy77 39 . 607 for the annual prime
                              Mariposai 33 . Repatriated marathon prize money from Ireland
                              tom1961 30 . Tough year…
                              tetsujin209 26 . Another year of 0 miles running, but covering a lot of territory
                              spacityrunner 13 ! Out ran annual goal
                              Surly Bill 1 . (no dec miles reported) Looking forward to 2K in 2018
                              average 122 . .
                              median 150 . .

Looking back at 2017, the monthly average follows the seasons, but June was oddly low:

As folks close in on their annual miles goal, there's a growing comfort with letting the month end on prime...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.