Masters Running

Sat Sep 19 Runs and Workouts (Read 383 times)

King of PhotoShop

That nuisance Tet and all his old woman worrying!  Okay, just kidding Tet, and great pics on your earlier post. But what do you think of our heroine now?  Nice work Ek!!

Gordon, good to hear from you and having a training partner.

I think dg, that Twocat who has argued with me over fueling issues in the past, is right with the slow steady consumption.   I liked CNY's approach, which is similar to the way Aamos does it.  Bring your own handheld for a couple of miles, then toss it and go with the aid stations.  There are some good arguments for this which have been discussed here before.

Speaking of hot female runners from Central NY, how about 6:55 pace for her?  Wow!  Nice running Karin.

Good work and prep Holly. A few details wouldn't hurt!

Nono, good luck in Philly.

Jlynne, nice PR and never sell yourself short.  All PR times are marvelous.  I mostly say this because I had one today, a post-surgery PR though.

They had 178 runners in the 5K I ran this morning.  Last week I did a fiveK in the rain on a flat course. I thought it would be a flat course today, but it turned out to be surprisingly hilly and a bit warm and humid.

Still in all, I felt pretty good during it, much better than last week. I ran 24:12, (7:48's) 15 seconds faster than last week and on a harder course so I was pretty happy. 20th OA and 1st AG. When they called my name to come up as the winner the race announcer said, "You won't believe this guy is racing just one year after open heart surgery," and there was a lot of applause which really moved me, so I imagine the picture they took of me looks like I just bit into a lemon. So little by little I am making progress. Spareribs

dg.

Erika,    yay!!   (that's not quite enough but i'm half asleep.....)  

Hi Ribs, good to see you.   thanks for the input... I'll look for those discussions, but think i'll give that approach a try tomorrow.    Congratulations.   Wow!   And, as you are not one to draw attention to it, I'm glad others there were able to appreciate, at least a little, just what you have accomplished. 

Karin, again you are amazing!

good luck Sunday racers!

mta... thanks for all the advice today, as well as yesterday re the race vs. the 20 miler.   I'm going to print todays thread so I can have the suggestions handy.   they're serving gatorade endurance at the marathon, & have cliff stations.  i might call or email to find out exactly what they're serving there.   I also wonder how many ounces are in a typical aid station water cup.  

'nite.

WTG Erika and Karin. Great job today! And Ribs - what could we say about someone running 7:48's a year after having open heart surgery. You are an amazing person. I hope you'll share some of the pictures they took today, even if you were eating a lemon!

Eliz - best of luck tomorrow. You've had a lot going on in your life lately. This race will be a great stress reliever. Just go for it!

I hope we get some race reports tomorrow. Congratulations to all of you.

P.S. The steak and spinach salad were marvelous.

Maniac 505

Ribs and Erica

Greta job Guys!!!!

Mariposai

Erika what a great race you had today. I hope you are having a well deserved post-race party.

Never ran a step today...ohh well...there is tomorrow.

Holly, terrific job on your HM. I can't wait to read the report.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

suber-uber-ulta-erika,

your 50K time's well ahead of more than half the nearly 500 solo marathoners and even ahead of you sometimes. 

there's not many marathon courses that are designed to be as hard as possible and even fewer ultras.

What a wonderful day for the boomer gals. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Erika - Holy cow!!  Way to go!!!!  I can't wait to read your race report.

There was some incredible running from lots of peeps today.  Congratulations to you all.  And yes, Woods Lady, you are officially a runner.   And hey - could you please send some of that rain down our way?  We despartely need it.  BTW - Just where abouts in OR are you?  I'm in Eureka, CA.

We did a very casual 10 trail miles this morning.  Except for the fact that it was very humid and warm, it was a really pleasant run.  We stopped toward the end so Charlie Dog could swim.  We kept throwing the stick back in the water, and when he'd come out, we'd stand right next to him so he'd shake the water off him and all over us. Felt really good!   Between that and the berry picking the last mile - well, let's say our average pace took a nose dive.  Aaah, too bad.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Erika rocks!!!

Good to read ya Gordon

SteveP