Masters Running

Tooseday, 10.4.16 (Read 32 times)

Beautiful day here for a run. Unfortuantly I am sitting here with ice on my foot instead. I dropped a heavy table on the top of my foot at work today and by time I got home it was swollen and a pretty black and blue. Just mildly sore so hopefully no fractures or Nothing stupid like that. I was going to run anyway but decided to err on the side of caution. I should be able to tell by tomorrow if I actually screwed something up or its just a bruise.

im getting excited about all the meet ups this week also. Its on my list of things to do next year I've known some of you for years but never met most of you in person. Hopefully I can make it to one in the coming year.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - I only cut my hair a couple of times each year, and this time the stylist said the ends were rather battered, and it would be healthier to trim a little extra.  However, since my hair is curly, it shortens up quite a bit as it dries and curls, so while it looked okay wet, it is shorter than I like dry. S'ok, will grow back.

Halllar - ouch!

I downloaded the Uber app today, so Mike and I can Uber together from the airport at Portland.  Something new and exciting!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Head Procrastinator

Holly, I know how much hair you have. You must have lost at least a good pound cutting off 4" Smile

hmmmm.........low HR training. Gotta check that out.  But I am already so slow.....

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
        Mariposai

Holly, I know how much hair you have. You must have lost at least a good pound cutting off 4" Smile

hmmmm.........low HR training. Gotta check that out.  But I am already so slow.....

You are so funny and we have missed your sense of humor here.

I know. I need to loose about 3 pounds before Portland, since I don't have a long hair...I guess I will have to carry my fat with me for 26.2 miles. I am fine with that. I am just happy to be celebrating a decade of running marathons.

Of slow running. I am finding out that since I got the Boston BQ out of my way, I really don't need to beat my body up for speed. I guess I need another motivator.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

since my hair is curly, it shortens up quite a bit as it dries and curls, so while it looked okay wet, it is shorter than I like dry. 

Unfortunately, even though it is in the rainy PNW, contrary to the Seattle Marathon,

the Portland Marathon is famed for the good weather. . . .  . but we can always hope.

ps - if nancy has any fat, then I have hair.

pps – I just thought hally was doing her orienteering/geo-caching

on the trails or something.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Hi Hally!!!!

hally - intimidating is when your running isn’t really like running anymore
              but you still post on a running forum and go to running meet-ups as if you’re still running.

SteveP