Masters Running

Daily Runs Sun Feb 10 (Read 521 times)

pfriese

wa5yom, you must be living right. I went out at 11:30 a.m. and it was 24 with about 20mph wind....I was out there for 3 1/2 hours and when I finished it was 34. I run loops and running with the wind I was starting to heat up. Then running against the wind I was needing the extra warmth. Yesterday it was near 70F, shorts and t-shirt, today was winter gear. I love this OK weather
    Well here in the middle of the state it was 40 degrees with a 15mph wind during my run. 17.35 miles at 9:50/mile pace Paul
      nice run, paul.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        fussyrunner great job! Keep up the good work.
        evanflein

Nice, fussy! Congrats on the new distance PR... Tramps, what do you use to post your graph? I've been working with MotionBased.com today, but I think I need to delete a ton of runs off my Garmin first. It just took ages this morning and got nowhere. I do find it amazing how few of these running tools work with the Mac.. I did my long run today, 17.65 miles total with the first 14.25 outside in temps around -10 or so, but OMG the wind was really strong up at the top of the hill, and down on the main road. I combined a long run effort with hill work today... Garmin says total ascent was 2243 feet, and total descent was 2613. I start at about 790 feet, and peak at 1576 4.6 miles later (the first 2.25 miles of that is virtually all steep uphill). That first 4.6 miles took me 46 minutes and really brought the total run pace average down. Then a lot of downhill, but once I was out of the woods I found the wind. Have no idea what the windchill was, but it was chilly! At mile 11.1 I turned onto the main road that would take me home, and it was a full frontal wind with blowing snow, and the passing cars made it worse. Heck with this... turned my back to the wind, called DH and asked for a pickup! I ran the other direction to the campus student rec center and he showed up just as I was very very done. Headed home, changed out of everything and into new togs to do 3.4 miles on the treadmill in 30 mins (8:49 pace). I was thinking I'd try those last miles at 8:34, but the legs said fergetit. Walked half mile to cool down, and that was a wrap.
            evanflein...WOW Shocked Now that was a challenging run. Nice job!
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

17.65 miles total with the first 14.25 outside in temps around -10 or so, but OMG the wind was really strong . . . total ascent was 2243 feet, full frontal wind with blowing snow, Headed home, changed out of everything and into new togs to do 3.4 miles on the treadmil
              dear ice goddess of the far north - that is pne of the most ridiici. . ., I mean amazing runs I've every heard of anywhere. You've got a crazy, . . I mean great DH even to let you do it. I've heard of running up there in the minuses but maybe 2-3 miles, never 14.25 miles. I've for sure never heard of doing it in the wind though. Goin' more runnin' afterwards on the TM instead of hot tub/bath either. an age-type calculator for temp/wind've had you run more miles than most of our entire years. Mariposai's plans at 93 degrees and here we are in the continuous states right in between. I can't imagine what kind of gloves/socks could protect you from those temps. I'm afraid to ask what you wear everywhere else. does the small of your back, etc. sweat/freeze up? I'm so happy DH's car wasn't still frozen up or yours in the garage (is it?). If Jack Londor was around, he'd be writing a book about you. We're luckier, - we get to read it every day. {{{{evan}}}

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Erika, you are one tough amazing runner. I'm glad you decided to call your DH. Overconfidence or persistence could end badly in those conditions. Take Monday off please. You've earned at least one day. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Wow, I was going to say I had a tough run on Sunday, but after that story.... Well done! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.