Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 06/06 (Read 586 times)

Point to Ponder: I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman where the self-help section was and she said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

Have a good one -

Better late than never . . .

Erika - 27.9 miles run (couldn't I have done .1 more??), 4 miles elliptical, 1.7 miles walked (well, more than that but that's all I measured), plus many hours in the garden

Eliz - 100+ min of walking, lots of stretching and enjoying life

FrancesRe -

Shadowrunner - 19.1 miles, 450 push-ups, 1.25 hrs core excercises, 1:10 free weights.

jdmom3 - 26 miles

jtv -

Stumpy - 4.4 miles running, 3 miles ellipticalling, 40 min x-t

Dutchie - 50 min kickboxing, 13 km biking, 3 km running, 90 min lower body, 60 min upper body, 10 min core, 30 min Aeroboxing, yoga.  Dutchie wins the award for most diversified training for the week.

pfriese - 48.5 running miles.

fatozzig - 24.05 running miles, 30 min stationary biking, 2.35 hrs core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest -------------------------------------------------- 5 miles

Tues - 3 OR 30; core/strength ------------------------ 30 min; 1 hr core/upper body strength training

Wed - 10 miles w/strides ------------------------------ 8.25 miles w/strides

Thurs - 3 OR 30; core/strength ----------------------- 4.20 miles; 30+ min core/upper body strength training

Sat - 18 trail miles --------------------------------------- 17.50 trail miles

Sun - 10 miles -------------------------------------------- 9.50 road miles

Totals: 44.4 miles running, 30 min stationary biking, 1.30 hrs core/strength

Dutchie - 3 miles running or 30 min stationary biking

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie, for starting us up again What does that mean 3 OR 30? Love your "point to ponder". Made me laugh.

Mon: 3K + UB + Abs

Went out with both dogs for an easy 3 kilometer run. NICE! No walkbreaks, other than for take off/put on leash, a car and feeding a tidbit for good behaviour (I have to bend down to give it to Spike)  Feeling really good. I'll start increasing my distance as of tomorrow.

Added on 30 min of UB endurance + abs (muscle endurance, Cathe F.). Darn I'd forgotten how tough this one is. I couldn't complete quite a few of the exercises.

Tue: 5K + 30 min of boxing

Very nice 5.5K easy run this morning with the dogs. Spike was on his best behaviour. For a dachshund The run went very well. Probably because I had 4xbreaks for doggie business, 2xbreaks for taking the dogs off/put them on leash, 2xbreaks for cars passing and 2xbreaks waiting for Spike to catch up 

Added on a 30min boxing w/o plus abs. 

Wed: LB+UB muscle endurance

I survived my last day with my old boss (Mon) and the first day with my new boss (Tue). Gosh, it was so hectic. I felt so exhausted last night. Slept in this morning. Had no run planned, just strength training. Can do that after work... yeah right

Bike commute to work: 13K.

Thu: 5.5K easy + 30 min of boxing

This morning was a nice 8.8K loop with Spooky. I was a bit slower than usual, but given I'm coming of a lay off, I think I did pretty well. I had two walk breaks to let my HR go down. Gorgeous morning! Not sure how long my long run should be this Sunday. Would 13K be doable? I think I should pick a route that'll give me the opportunity to lengthen or shorten my run. 

Fri: cardio Hiit w/o + plyometrics/LB

Slept in..... again 

Sat: 5.5K easy + muscle endurance LB+UB

This morning was a very nice 7K doggie run. Not as easy running as my other runs this week though. Gorgeous morning. It's gonna be a warm day. Glad I got my run in before the temp goes up.

Spike was in sniff/digg/chase mode instead of running. Had to go collect him a few times. Spooky was rolling in the wet grass every couple hundred meters. 

Instead of a strength training w/o, I got to go shopping with my youngest son (nearly 18 yo) for 3 hours!!! I hate shopping! I had no idea he would take me from shop to shop to shop.... for 3 hours !!! At least it was an endurance event. And we biked into town: that's 10K total, plus a lot of walking.

Sun: 7K "long" run + 50min of MMA cardio

I had a bad bad bad bad BAD long run today. It was horrible. My breathing was so bad. It felt like I couldn't get enough air in. I had to walk a lot just to get my HR down. I wasn't running too fast. It wasn't like I was gasping for air. It just felt like there wasn't enough oxygen.
        Anyways, I struggled through the full 12.88 kilometers. It was more like a run/walk but I finished it. My legs were fine and I don't feel tired. Bit sleepy, but I felt like that since I woke up. I may take a nap after lunch. 

Running mileage: 37.2 kilometers (23.12 miles). Not bad for a come back

Biking mileage:36 kilomters

UB:1x

LB: 0x

Abs: 2x

Other cardio:1 (boxing)

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

As usual, thanks Leslie.

M - 19.14 mile bike ride.  15 min core excercises, 130 push-ups 2 sets of abds.

T- 15 min core excercises: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups.  4.69 mile  easy run @ 8 min pace. 45 min free weights in afternoon.

W- 15 min core excercises: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and 2 sets of  pull-ups. 4.69 mile fartlek run, basically same route as yesterday.

R- 15 min core excercises: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and 2 sets of  pull-ups 5.26 miles easy run @ 8 min mile pace.  1.25 hours free weights work-out this afternoon at fitness center.

F- 10.6 mile bike ride this morning. 

SA-  15 min core excercises: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and 3 sets of  pull-ups, 10 miles this morning in hot and humid temps. Easy pace of ~ 8.5 min miles.

SU - 19.14 mile bike ride.

totals for week:  run 24.7, bike 48.9, 1.25 hrs core excercises: 730 push-ups; 2 hours free weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Love the quote!! 

I'll post a plan latr.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Thanks Leslie!  Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day.

Monday - off

Tuesday - ellitptical/weights (done)

Wednesday - 5 miles (done - HOT!)

Thursday - elliptical/weights

Friday - 6 miles

Saturday - 5 miles

Sunday - 11 miles

Meg

Once a runner . . .

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A hearty "Snork" for Leslie this morning,

Mon:  X-T.  Did 7.1 miles round about the camp.  Now I need to figure out the rest of the week

Tue:  rest day.  done    

Wed:  5 miles.  3.4 done

Thu:  x-t.  put in the AC and mowed the lawn.

Fri:  5 miles.  4 done.  this is acting like a cut back week.  Not sure that's a good thing.

Sat:  x-t.  Stood around at our company yard sale for 6 hours.  Does that count?

Sun:  8+ miles.  9.05 (roughly) in 1:35.  allbut about 2/3 of the last mile running.  In the rain.

with the holiday schedule, I managed to ahve 2 long runs in the week for 23.5 miles , but not much else.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie, great quote. And Woohoo! Dutchie is running again! 

Hoping for more miles and less smoke this week. So far, still smoky out there.

Stumpy, we're surrounded by fires, some not far away at all. And the acreage we've got burning is just amazing. Last year over 6 million acres burned. Good thing we're a big state...

Monday: Many hours of garden work to finish it up.

Tuesday: 6 miles run, rolling hills, 8:12 avg pace; .3 mile walk c/d

Wednesday: 4.35 miles before the rain and hail had me grabbing a ride home from a kind passerby

Thursday: 9.1 mile tempo run, 7:55 avg pace, .6 mile walk and then an almost 6 hour drive to Anchorage

Friday: 4 miles easy, but with too many hills for recovery; .3 mile walk c/d

Saturday: 21.1 miles, 8:09 avg pace, more miles than I was planning on but got stranded out there! .15 mile walk

Sunday: 7.5 miles of hills, .3 mile walk

Totals: 52.2 miles run, 1.8 miles walked, lots of driving and soccer watching!

26-week marathon training plan begins

Monday - 2 blissful hours on the bay in my kayak

Tuesday - 40 minute walk; still super hot and sticky even after 8 p.m., but felt good to get out there

Wednesday - ran 2.2 miles - 1st official run of marathon training - whoo hoo  

Thursday - stretching/rest

Friday - schlepping the second-to-last load of boxes from mom's house to mine; 30 minute walk; the humidity - oy!

Saturday - more box schlepping; drive to NJ; way tired, so mostly napped and acted slug-like the rest of the day

Sunday - 4-mile run; too windy to kayak, so I sat on the dock and pretended for 20 minutes  Smile

Short on planned walks/runs by 15 minutes, but started the week wonderfully with 2 hours of paddling.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Erika--we (the entire NE area, actually) had forest fire smoke from big fires in Quebec (350 miles away).  Even had the "sensitive people" warning Sunday and Monday.  Guess I'm not--no problems over 7 miles.  But you sure could smell it!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

Day Plan Actual Comment
                        Monday rest day rest day
                        Tuesday 8 miles 8 miles am run
                        Wednesday 8 miles 8 miles am run
                        Thursday 8 miles 8 miles am run
                        Friday 8 miles 8 miles am run
                        Saturday 5 miles 0 miles too much yard work
                        Sunday 15 miles 16.2 miles hot & humid
                        Total ~50 miles 48.2 miles

Paul

A Saucy Wench

<------*shyly peeks head into the room, looks around, and says..I HAVE 11 more days until I am allowed in here!  Do I need a fake ID?  *

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ennay - anybody with an avatar as cool as yours is definitely allowed in early.  Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Ennay: why wait 11 days? Sneak in right now. Noone will notice if you do it quietly

Dutchie
                              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Ennay - 11 days?  Let me think . . . . hmmmm. . . . get in here, girl!  The more the merrier.

Where're you at in Oregon?  I'm on the coast in NorCal, about 1.5 hrs south of the CA/OR state line.

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance