Masters Running

Tuesday morning runs and such (Read 413 times)

5 miles this AM, 43:37. Still in shorts, but not for much longer....it was 27*F...much colder and the tights come out. Or on.

Some progress pics for Tramps, etal. Maple trestle base with walnut tusk tenons....a very early form of "knock-down" furniture. Sorry if the pics are huge.  Walt.

Hmmmm.....does this work?

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Second day of no running here because of too much work, relocating our business storage to a new building has been far more tiring than running a couple of marathons!!

Absolutely no pain or stiffness left over from the weekend, ready to hit the trail again tomorrow, can't wait!!

Great picture Holly, you DD looks so much like you!!

A good night to all!!

Francesca

evanflein

oh, wait, 28 degrees to Erika would be a heat wave and she'd be peeling off layers. . .

Um, well, yeah... kind of! It's been in the upper 20s today and windy... not as warm as predicted but still pretty nice! I'm thinking I might venture out into the dark for a short run tonight. But then again, I might not be able to find the headlamp and I really won't have much time so might just hop on the 'mill for half hour. But then again... I hate to waste a mild day in December!! Argh... decisions, decisions...

Walt, that picture post didn't work... would love to see it!

dg.

Bill....  "Okay, I think I've successfully confused some people".   this you don't get credit for.  I've been dazed and confused for so long.

"and made others hate me."   You're going to have to try a lot harder than that.

(Why should today be any different than any other day?)

Thanks so much for the link!   I'm excited to get started on this.  ohboy!

Walt, they could stand to be a bit bigger.  

Francesca,  I don't know how you do it!  

oh, back to Bill. (funny, Kevin..)      I don't think there is any such thing as over posting anymore.   At least, we can test the waters & see what happens. 

Haller... I've been planning on running Bayshore.   thanks for posting about it!   Even more tempting if DAAve & MS will be there.   I'm not sure whether to run the full or the half... I have a full on March 21st.   Bill.. did you get the email from them suggesting early sign up?  They expect that both races wil be full by Jan. or Feb.  

Slohand...  good luck!   thanks for sticking around.

totally off topic... everyone in the world besides me must have seen this before, but it made me laugh.  & so just in case..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UHOgkDbVqc

No picture, Walt.  And dg, the link doesn't work.

Bummer on the "no social networking" thing, SLO.  Can you claim "necessary to maintain mental stability"?

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

(Gulp)

fixed but huge. 

SteveP

Oh My Gosh, your DD is too cute Holly!!!

I have a picture with Santa taken when I was 45. Not at the mall but we had our mug shots taken together....Ah, the fun we used to have.

Thanks for the heads up on the Bayshore. DW and I were just talking about it tonight over dinner. I wonder which ribbed, black Batman tank top I should wear?

Thanks for the picture Walt. I love wood working.

Tag and I went out on the trails today. Since there was snow on the ground from last night, it was easy to determine that there weren't any small game or bow hunters out. We had a leashless run. 3.1 miles. The dog still had his orange jersey and stood out against the snow. He found something to dig up. I hollered on him. Tag charged me and head butted me in the abdomen, then bolted circles around me. I'm wondering if he's part goat or if this behavior is something to worry about.

SteveP

dg.

Walt, yep this one is big enough. but it's very cool.  nice job.   and my DH was impressed.  with your work, & with your table saw! 

Leslie, it didn't work for me either.  .   it's just the robbery scene from "take the money & run".  well, let's try the google search.  http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2003-37,GGLD:en&q=youtube+take+the+money+and+run+robbery

and just for the learning experience (I am sober.  I'm just tired. ;-) ) lets try the other link without using the link thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UHOgkDbVqc

oh well.  it won't work.  if you want to see it you'll have to do your own googling.

Slo_hand.. I agree with Leslie!

Steve... you will be there, yes?  do you think you'll run one of the races?  Will your DW be there this time?  & my little buddy?  (I think I won't holler at him)

TammyinGP

I had a great track run tonight. That's always easier to say after it's all done though.

To be honest, at Mile 3 I was really fighting to the urge to tell Laura that I just don't have it in me tonight and  wanted to bag the rest of the run (we run 7 miles on Tuesdays) . . . but I didn't want to disappoint her or have her say "oh come on Tams you can do this!". . so I just kept plugging along.

And then at about mile 5.5 she tells me "I'm glad we are almost done because at about mile 3 I totally wanted to quit" . . .

We ran our fastest 7 miles yet. probably in part due to less chatting and partly due to cold temps and wanting to just finish.

our splits were 8.55, 9.08, 9.10, 9.02, 8.47, 9.03, 8.10.  total time 1:02:20.   This run was a confidence booster for sure especially considering I did not even feel like running.

Tammy

Mariposai

did you girls talk about timbo

great work there tamster.

good luck with the move Iron women Francesca.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Yeah, Tammy and Laura, I'll bet TimBo's ears were burning, even though you claim you didn't talk much. 

Walt, nice project there!

Our weather was cold and windy like Amy's.  I was also busy today at work, and the weather didn't help - I just skipped my run, even though tomorrow is predicted to be worse (snowing).  Oh, well. Maybe I'll HTFU and go run in the snow tomorrow to make my co-workers think I'm nuts.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Well, it was very nice temperature wise when I got home, so was tempted to run outside, but the thought of digging for my headlamp and getting out all my winter stuff was just too much. I was tired, and hungry and chilled even with the mild temps. So... I put on shorts and running bratop and went downstairs. AAMix 4 helped a lot.

3.4 miles in 30 minutes, plus .8 mile walk 

Walt, nice project... big pic!

Deb, I couldn't get any of the links to work. Oh well.

Tammy, do you and Laura just run on the track? 7 miles on a track... I couldn't imagine. Hey, tell Laura I said Hi. I sure enjoyed meeting her this summer.

SteveP

Steve... you will be there, yes?  do you think you'll run one of the races?  Will your DW be there this time?  & my little buddy?  (I think I won't holler at him)

Though DW goes to most of my races, no one from RA has met here yet. How can I tell if she's real?

The half fills up crazy quick

SteveP

TammyinGP

Erika, yep, just on the track - at least on Tuesdays. When we are able to get together on the wknds for a long run, then we always choose a different route to run, but Tuesdays are track night. Primarily because we are going after work, so it's dark, and we aren't wanting to run on the 'runner unfriendly roads' we have around here when it's partially foggy, drivers are heading home from work and usually not paying much attention.

We did talk about Timbo again, of course, but not much this time. Laura asked if I heard from him lately, I said 'not since Thanksgiving time" and she said the same. . . so the conversation moved on. So, see, Timbo - - - you need to keep in better contact with us if you want us to keep talking about you on Tuesday nights.

So instead we talked a bit about Erika, Nancy, Aamos, Tet, hottubs, Newport, etc....

Tammy